PDA

View Full Version : Well I bought a Karta Emag

punkncat
11-26-2007, 01:53 PM
...its the copper colored one that Zazzoo had up.
I have to admit, its been a few years since I owned an Emag. I cannot really decide whether I like this thing or not. The Karta body is sweet, but the Emag itself, well lets just say its a long way from "modern".
I just don't know, guess I am going to have to see if it grows on me. As it stands I am waiting on a reply from Tuna about an Emag on/off I purchased so that I can even shoot the thing. Its got the Xmod already so I have lots of modes to play with.
Dunno, there is something to be said about a mag when its purely mech. with the ULT and LX, its something special. Very light and whatnot, whereas when its an Emag it seems to loose the things that make it stand out.
Sure does look nice...
http://a560.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/93/l_52c82327c66a84fdac8caa57c3a83a0f.jpg

I was quite amused when I took it to the field sat. to get some air to test it, and everyone was asking me what new gun this was. They thought it was some new 08 Emag that had been released.

rawbutter
11-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Definitely is pretty. If I ever anno my gun, I'm gonna go copper.

BigEvil
11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
...its the copper colored one that Zazzoo had up.
I have to admit, its been a few years since I owned an Emag. I cannot really decide whether I like this thing or not. The Karta body is sweet, but the Emag itself, well lets just say its a long way from "modern".
I just don't know, guess I am going to have to see if it grows on me. As it stands I am waiting on a reply from Tuna about an Emag on/off I purchased so that I can even shoot the thing. Its got the Xmod already so I have lots of modes to play with.
Dunno, there is something to be said about a mag when its purely mech. with the ULT and LX, its something special. Very light and whatnot, whereas when its an Emag it seems to loose the things that make it stand out.
Sure does look nice...
http://a560.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/93/l_52c82327c66a84fdac8caa57c3a83a0f.jpg

I was quite amused when I took it to the field sat. to get some air to test it, and everyone was asking me what new gun this was. They thought it was some new 08 Emag that had been released.

What do you need, just a pin or an entire on/off assembly?

punkncat
11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
What do you need, just a pin or an entire on/off assembly?

I have a couple of extra RT assy's laying around, so probably just the pin. I guess it comes down to whether I really need that quad oring.

I have placed the order with Tuna, but haven't gotten confirmation.

BigEvil
11-26-2007, 03:12 PM
I have a couple of extra RT assy's laying around, so probably just the pin. I guess it comes down to whether I really need that quad oring.

I have placed the order with Tuna, but haven't gotten confirmation.

Let me know when he gets back to you. It would be helpful if you had a set of digital calipers to make sure everything is set where it needs to be. I usually cut my on/off pins down to .700. Emags just shoot faster with a shorter pin. The stock spec is .716 iirc. I have done pins down to .680 for some guns with weird issues. They end up kicking ***, and you dont need to run 10,000,000psi into them.

Also pay attention to the Xmod manual where it instructs how to adjust the solenoid plunger length. That is important, as well as the solenoid wiring. Hopefully, this was all already done by the previous owner.

punkncat
11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Let me know when he gets back to you. It would be helpful if you had a set of digital calipers to make sure everything is set where it needs to be. I usually cut my on/off pins down to .700. Emags just shoot faster with a shorter pin. The stock spec is .716 iirc. I have done pins down to .680 for some guns with weird issues. They end up kicking ***, and you dont need to run 10,000,000psi into them.

Also pay attention to the Xmod manual where it instructs how to adjust the solenoid plunger length. That is important, as well as the solenoid wiring. Hopefully, this was all already done by the previous owner.

I will certainly let you know. I am hoping all the Xmod things had been handled already, but don't know.

FiXeL
11-26-2007, 04:02 PM
It wouldnt hurt to check. It's a small thing to do to get big fun in return. :)

Spider-TW
11-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Sure does look nice...
I'd say so!

Kind of like owning a classic car, isn't it? Don't worry. If you don't learn to love it, I bet you can find a good home for it. :D

Russ
11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Sweet Emag! :headbang:

Take some nice outdoor pics, and post 'em up :)

On/Off pins...sometime a too-short pin will wreak havoc with the sear. It can get all beat up in no time, along with the bolt.