PDA

View Full Version : Emag wouldn't fire, I had to use my stupid Spyder today!

Tubby_Ninja
01-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Oh the shame! And there was some captain from a local speedball team playing rec ball and I had a chance to smoke his butt, and then my stupid Spyder jammed and he shot me, and I howled and screamed and cried. Anyway, little help with my emag here?

I cleaned it up last night. Only took out the field strip screw, took out the bolt and body and cleaned them all up. Put everything back together, and took it to the field today. We got it all gassed up and that went fine, but when I pull the trigger, it just clicks. E-mode does nothing, but I can kind of fell a response in the trigger in manual mode. I also took a battle swab and tried to push the bolt back, but no luck. I can even feel the bolt click when I push on it with the swab and pull the trigger. I field stripped it a couple of times and put it back together, but still have the same problem. Anyone got any ideas?

PS- Battery is charged, air is good, etc, etc. Thanks.

Chef123161
01-13-2002, 06:37 PM
The thing you hear clicking is the solenoid. Try turning your safety off and it should fire. It has happened to me before. If it was off, then, well, I have no clue.

Tubby_Ninja
01-13-2002, 08:08 PM
It was off. But thanks a lot for trying.

Tubby_Ninja
01-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Up for what seemed like a good question...

halo13
01-14-2002, 01:38 PM
A similar thing happend to me. I was trying to shorten the trigger pull, and apparently i screwed in the magnet (attached to the trigger) to far. What i had to do was to simply put the magnet back into its original position. for some reason the magnet sensor cannot sense the magnet if it is to close. :cool:

BlackVCG
01-14-2002, 05:11 PM
If the board flashes AGD X.XX, where the X's indicate the board firmware version, when you pull the battery pin, then it's not an issue of the trigger magnet being too close.

Take off the left grip panel and try to move the sear up and down by lifting up on the solenoid c-clip. Make sure the sear isn't binding in any way. Double check to make sure the safety is off.

Make sure the solenoid wires are still soldered at the two places.

Make sure the HES wire is plugged in all the way on the middle 3-pin connector.

The gun does fire properly in Manual mode, correct?

Tubby_Ninja
01-14-2002, 05:15 PM
No, it won't fire at all. In manual I can feel just a tiny bit of bounce when I jam a battle swab down the barrel and pull the trigger. But no firing in any mode.

kilaueakid
01-14-2002, 10:56 PM
What is your air pressure at?

BlackVCG
01-15-2002, 03:24 AM
With the battery pin IN and the gun in manual mode, can it fire?

Take the valve out and make sure the sear can move freely by pushing down on the back part of it with an allen wrench. Make sure the on/off pin isn't bent in any way.

Turn up the velocity and see if that gets it to respond.

Tubby_Ninja
01-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Kid,

I'm using a Maxflo and air pressure is at 800.

Black,

Didn't try it with the battery pin in. I will today. I'll also check the on/off. Let you know. Thanks.