PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for my SFL and superbolt

2000Sabre
01-13-2002, 06:44 PM
I was so pumped to play today because my new SFL arrived Thursday and it's the first day out on the field with the coolest gun around. Well, turned out to be a pretty short day because two shots into chronying the SFL, the delrin sleeve on the superbolt broke into the breach. Me and my new SFL never made it onto the field. What a disappointment.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day and I'll get it fixed and AGD will make everything right. Here's a couple of shots of what's left of the bolt.

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/peter-simmons/images/bolt1.jpg

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/peter-simmons/images/bolt2.jpg

Hysperion
01-13-2002, 06:46 PM
Damn dude that sucks. I made it through 100 shots with mine before the electronics went bad. I still got to play in manual though. $1500 shiny RT hehe.

Load SM5
01-13-2002, 06:49 PM
So far mine's fine. 3/4 of a case through it and quite a few shots without paint. Sorry to hear about the problems guys.

Magsrule3
01-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Wow, Peter that sucks :( . Did u use the RT instead?

Hysperion
01-13-2002, 07:06 PM
Don't get my wrong I love the gun. According to the techie at Shocktech, AGD can install the photo eye for me now so I was gonna have to send it in anyways. I've shot half a case through it and my bolt is fine, but I don't really trust it :)...

AGD
01-13-2002, 09:22 PM
You can switch it with the stock bolt from the RT and go to town. Sorry about the problem. As you already know we are working on it.

AGD

rhetor22
01-13-2002, 09:25 PM
ha, go to town.. hehehe

RobAGD
01-13-2002, 11:13 PM
You let THAT little problem stop you from playing ?

Hell 30 minutes and a package of jb wield and It would have been good as new man :)

-Robert

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 01:18 AM
AGD, have you decided about giving us our money back for the superbolts? A picture is worth a thousand words and I think that pic is worth at least the 50.00 that I paid for my superbolt. These things are garbage. Give us our money back and go back to the drawing board.

Bonx0007
01-14-2002, 01:24 AM
Tom will work it out just cut the guy some slack.Bad form buddy.:mad:

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 01:29 AM
Face it, they are garbage! Tom made the suggestion of giving us our money back in the superbolt 2 thread. I think he should. Rip me all you want. Then go look at that picture and tell me I am wrong.

DjGruv
01-14-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Bonx0007
Tom will work it out just cut the guy some slack.Bad form buddy.:mad:

All you guys need to get off tom's nutz. Damn:o I bet if anyone else (sold you something that didn't work you would be very pissed). I have A Superbust..opps bolt and I'm afraid to use it. I would rather have my $50 back.

clockworkmiller
01-14-2002, 01:47 AM
Its more like a tired discussion thats been droned on and on ad infinitum. Your posts belong in the Superbolt Threads, not here. Thanks.

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by clockworkmiller
Your posts belong in the Superbolt Threads, not here. Thanks.

Boy, silly me! Here I thought that was a picture of a superbolt in this thread. I even thought the word superbolt was in the title of this thread. You are right. I will find a thread about the superbolt to post in because this one certainly is not about the superbolt. Thanks :rolleyes:

clockworkmiller
01-14-2002, 02:17 AM
I was talking about your insults and your solutions for AGD, since you know much more than they do.

Your disdain for superbolts, having never used one, is quite humorous though.

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by clockworkmiller
I was talking about your insults and your solutions for AGD, since you know much more than they do. Your disdain for superbolts, having never used one, is quite humorous though.

You are really a smart guy. You do however have no idea what you are talking about. Why would I be asking for my money back if I have never used a superbolt??? I bought one at the supertour at AGD. I am the proud owner of an unuseable product. My solutions for AGD? Tom suggested that they might give us our money back. You really should know what you are talking about before posting. :rolleyes:

Bonx0007
01-14-2002, 02:29 AM
Who are you guys mad at. I am sure Tom will be very responsive to insulting jerks who care little about the good relationship that AGD has with its costumer base. Who ever said anything about nutz. I hope a mod helps you guys with your discussion topics that you bring to this forum. Please try to be a little more mature when you come here. Your attitudes are unwanted.

jog
01-14-2002, 02:34 AM
maybe its just me, but if I ordered a superbolt I'd at least give it a shot. From what I've read MOST bolts don't break. If your bolt breaks you wont be losing anything, if it keeps working you've got yourself a super bolt. If AGD where planning to give people their money back they would give EVERYONE their money back, not just people who never used ther bolt. anyways just some thoughts before I goto bed.

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 02:35 AM
If Tom wants to have a good relationship with his customer base all he has to do give everybody their money back for the superbolts that wants it. I want my money back just as he suggested. That would make me very happy :). I am not the only guy that wants my money back. Go read the superbolts update 2 thread. I am not alone.

Bonx0007
01-14-2002, 02:41 AM
If you wanted your cash that bad you would have called them instead of whining to us that you want your 50. I'll tell you right now I could give a rats arse. This dilema gives you no right to insult Tom or anybody else here on AO.org. Solve your problems and quit complaining about them to US.

Maghog
01-14-2002, 02:55 AM
The question is: what happened to the rest of that delrin sleeve? If other bolts break like that in a game, possibly during a bunkering maneuver and delrin hits exposed skin at 280 fps...what would happen?
I'd be reinstating the recall on the superbolts at this point and moving on to bigger and better things.
I do agree with those who believe the tone of some of the posts here is uncalled for. FYI- damageinc54 Tom already does have a very good relationship with his customer base, it's all over this forum. The nice thing to know is that even though you are being slightly rude and impatient, Tom will take care of you just the same...just give it time.

Bonx0007
01-14-2002, 03:04 AM
Well said.

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 07:39 AM
You guys are under such an AGD "spell" it is sick. If this was a Brass Eagle product you would all be screaming what a POS it is, but AGD made this garbage so it is OK because in the end Tom will take care of us :rolleyes:. Face the fact, they put out a product that is not working and is unsafe. Every week there is a new thread about somebodies bolt breaking. AGD should have went ahead with the recall and get the superbolts off the field. If guys want their money back, give it to them and call it a day. Tom suggested giving us our money back, not me.

2000Sabre
01-14-2002, 07:42 AM
MAGHOG
Just so you know the rest of the delrin sleeve never left the breach. It actually got lodged in the breach intself and did not go flying out the barrel.

To All
The reason for posting this was to let people know how disappointed I was in not getting to play due to my brand new SFL going down and to pass on some information. I'm equally dissapointed that others used my thread to slam other AO members and AGD. I clearly stated in my post that AGD would take care of me and I'd be back on the field in no time and it really wasn't that big a deal

I too think AGD should shelf the superbolt and work on other things, like warp breaches for the SFL (hint, hint). I'm quite sure that AGD will do the right thing and do what it takes to satisfy everyone.

Hysperion
01-14-2002, 08:58 AM
Well said sabre. The electronics on my SFL went dead after 100 shots. I've checked everything logical and can't find anything except the board being bad. I still love the gun and don't regret buying it at all. I hadn't been hit with a shot yet so I know paint didn't get lodged in there. If my bolt goes bad which I wouldn't doubt I'll just throw in an RT bolt and play on confident that Tom will refund my money. I just think it's funny how people wine over a $50 product that wasn't working out so bad. Everyone releases something bad once in a while, at least AGD is working to solve the problem and I'm sure if you want your money back AGD will probably give it to you. My opinion on the super bolt is that it is crap, good idea but mags are too high pressure for delrin. Maybe make it out of aluminum or(titanium??? I'd pay 75-100$ for a titanium bolt that would be slick...) Right now i'm more interested in warp breaches for the SFL then the superbolt. I don't like having plastic material in my gun anyways :)....

Maghog
01-14-2002, 11:43 AM
It's true that I have been bedazzled by AGD's products and service. Treating customers like AGD does gets them where they are. It's seems like you resent that damageinc54, and even more so that you're doing it out of spite. You own a mag because you know it's a great gun, you don't own anything from Brass Eagle because you know it's junk. Comparing what has happened with the superbolt to a BE product is ridiculous.
Is there a BE forum where they even discuss the return or recall of a product unless it's one that the ASTM has made mandatory?
Your criticism is uncalled for, that's all I'm saying, and as I said before, that even as you continue to be rude, and now arrogant, that you will undoubtably still be cared for by the best in the business.
I've gone far enough now though, that this thread should probably be closed and deleted so as not to start a flaming war.
2000Sabre-though that delrin did not fly out, and your were at the chrono anyway where no one was your target, I was speaking of a hypothetical situation that AGD should consider. My suggestion to bring back the recall was what I thought would be in the best interest of AGD. I'm glad to hear that as of so far there have been no (at least none that were actually real) incidents of injury reported.

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Flaming war??? Who started it? I saw a picture of a broken superbolt. I state my opinion and here comes guy after guy trying to convince me how wrong I am. Why I should not be upset. Any time somebody has an opinion against something AGD has done you guys always rush to defend them. I will state my opinions weather you like it or not. Too many guys here on AO act like AGD can do no wrong. Well the proof is in the picture. Guy after guy starts ripping me and I am just supposed to take? Wrong again! I will answer every one of you that wants to take a shot. I picked up the superbolt because I thought it was a great idea. I still feel it is a great idea, but it obviously needs more work. How many of you defenders would have wanted that broken bolt in your gun??? I bet you would be singing a different tune if it belonged to you. I was not comparing the bolt to Brass Eagle produts. What I said was I bet if it was a BE product, you would not be defending it the way you are. Regardless of the fact that it is obviously junk you defend it because AGD made it. These broken superbolt threads will continue to show up as long as they are in the field. The best thing AGD could do is get them off the market. In the end the picture does all of the talking. You cannot defend what is in that picture.

Hysperion
01-14-2002, 12:52 PM
I totally agree that the superbolt is junk but that's beside the point. The point is is that we know AGD will take care of us and therefore aren't worried about it. If it was a brass eagle product, good luck getting a refund. My electronics on my board went bad but am I crying about it? No because I know AGD will take care of me....

Maghog
01-14-2002, 01:47 PM
I stand by what the last poster says. With any other company you could complain all day and not get anywhere.
I think the only thing that people were pointing out is that you were expressing yourself in a way that is not at all necessary.
Besides, somewhere in there you said "rip me all you want" and that's what we're doing. Your attitude is simply uncalled for and I think you know that. Now get off your high horse and calm down.

clockworkmiller
01-14-2002, 05:23 PM
DamageInc54,

You shouldnt just look at a picture and decide its time for you to voice your opinion. If you read what Sabre posted, then you should have realised the point of this thread. I feel sorry that he couldnt play, and have had my days ruined by things not working right off the bat. It sucks. But we move on. I think that Sabre's optimism is very well placed. Even though AGD made a mistake, they are doing everything they can to fix it, in order to keep their customers as a whole happy.

Your problem, sir, is that you fail to realise that as valid as you believe your opinions to be, they are severely misplaced. If you want to rant about how much you hate the superbolt, and what you, in your infinate wisdom believe AGD should do about it, then there is a place and time for that. I find it dissapointing that you need to find an excuse to use this thread to make your point (one that I might add has no bearing or relevance to this thread).

Might I suggest you take a class in rhetoric?

lala
01-14-2002, 06:09 PM
:) :) please lets leave it at that. Thanks:D :D

RobAGD
01-14-2002, 11:04 PM
I am closing this for.. well it's kinda ovious.

-Robert