PDA

View Full Version : DW Fibur and inserts at a good price

TwilightG
11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I found this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Freak-Insert-kit-w-Carbon-Fiber-Barrel-Cocker-Thread_W0QQitemZ110199785138QQihZ001QQcategoryZ472 32QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) on eBay.
Looks like a good deal...

choice of 14" or 16" DW Fibur with a set of Freak inserts for $145 shipped.

BTW, I am in no way affiliated w/ the seller.. just sharing my discovery. :cool:

tebo
11-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I might have to grab one of those when i gets me a job

FOG
11-28-2007, 07:45 PM
i think i paid 134.00 from DW w/3inserts that included shipping

ProblemKinder
11-28-2007, 10:28 PM
so for 11 bucks you get 5 more inserts. not a bad deal i say. of course i have no idea how much an insert costs. I don't mess with silly barrell kits =]

ThePixelGuru
11-29-2007, 02:29 AM
While we're at it, how much is a used 14" 'cocker-threaded Wisper (old Fibur) w/ 8 aluminum Freak inserts worth? Near perfect condition.

Been meaning to ask, but I didn't want to start a new thread... :cheers:

TwilightG
11-29-2007, 08:38 AM
While we're at it, how much is a used 14" 'cocker-threaded Wisper (old Fibur) w/ 8 aluminum Freak inserts worth? Near perfect condition.

Been meaning to ask, but I didn't want to start a new thread... :cheers:

Guess it all depends on who's selling it. :)
I haven't seen any Wispers for sale here, only the Fibur (is there even a difference??) but most have gone for about $120+ w/ all the inserts.

... except that one guy who sold a 10" Fibur w/ inserts for $100 in under 30mins, but I'm not bitter ;)

Maybe now that I bought my own set, I'll stop bringing that up. :rofl:

ThePixelGuru
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Guess it all depends on who's selling it. :)
I haven't seen any Wispers for sale here, only the Fibur (is there even a difference??) but most have gone for about $120+ w/ all the inserts.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only difference between the Wisper and the Fibur is the name. Good to know, though, I've been thinking about selling since I don't have a 'cocker threaded marker any more. Not sure if I should hang on to it in case I pick up a ULE body.

TwilightG
11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only difference between the Wisper and the Fibur is the name. Good to know, though, I've been thinking about selling since I don't have a 'cocker threaded marker any more. Not sure if I should hang on to it in case I pick up a ULE body.

With all this discussion about new bodies being produced, it might be worth holding onto for a bit. There may be a bunch of used ULE's in the B/S/T forum once these hit the streets.

As long as the kit is in good shape it should hold its value so you could always sell later... Unless DW has a huge price-drop but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

nicad
12-01-2007, 02:48 PM
The Wispers had a shorter aluminum back part on them, which used a 18mmx1mm O-ring near the inside edge to hold the insert. This thin O-ring likes to jump out if it is dry when you pull the insert out. The Fiburs have a longer aluminum back part and use a #018 O-ring a little farther up inside of it. Later revisions of the Fiburs have jewels on them.

I have spoken with the owner of Paintball Genie and he a very nice stand up guy.