PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City?

BlueDragonX
11-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey all, looks like I'm moving to Kansas City soon and I'm going to need a new field to call home. Are there any fellow AO'ers in the KC area? Does anyone have any suggestions for good fields to play at?

I'm pretty much in to everything, I like to get a good mix of speedball, woods, and scenario play in when I go out. I'm also looking for some real solid guys to hang out at the field with, you know?

rifleman wi
11-29-2007, 06:01 AM
i just moved out to fort riley kansas, i havent really played much, but i hear dropzone in lawernce kansas is pretty nice.

notcreative
11-29-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm also from Ft. Riley and Dropzone isn't too bad just be careful walking down to the rec feilds (you'll know when you see it) I've heard nothing but horror stories concerning Jaegers. Expensive crappy paint, terrible refs and etc.

BlueDragonX
11-29-2007, 02:50 PM
That pretty much matches with what I'd heard. I've gotten mixed reviews about Jaeger's but I hadn't heard anything bad about Drop Zone. I'll likely be on the KS side of KC anyways, so it wouldn't be too difficult to get out to Lawrence...

Pullman
11-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Does Dropzone have an indoor field? My inlaws are in Lee's Summit, and I'll be there this Xmas. I played at Jaeger's the last time I was there. I thought the site was neat but the kid running it was kind of silly. I also got shoved by some newb who was pissed at me for shooting him twice :rolleyes: I would play there again but if there is another better option I would rather do that.

blake20
12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Welcome to KC!!! As for fields, the best one is gone (Tigerland). As for Jaegers I have always had a great time there. Any time I have a problem I just talk to the guys there and they take care of it. I've never really had any major problems there though. We do play there once a month, on Friday nights, (keeps the wife happy). It's also nice that you can play there when it's cold or when it's Africa Hot outside and at night. I do know that the guys in the pro-shop have always done a great job for me and all the group that I run with. Same as all shops though Automag parts are not in stock. I enjoy playing at Jaegers just for the conveince that it allows and it's Fun.
As far as other fields arround. For a senario game that's close, you have the Woodland Warriors Tour of duty series, the closest game is in Holden at Paint Games Plus North, "Battle of the bulge". I was there last year and had a great time, the field is not always open though. Weekends only, but not always, and they only have 3k fills. The field is set up pretty well though, speedball course and woodsball set up. At that game I ran with "Team Green Devils", a really great bunch of guys and gals. They are all from the KC area and they supported Tigerland when it was running. I heard that they are working on a new field in Holt. I don't know if it's up and running or not.
As for Dropzone, I hear it's a pretty nice field, but a long drive with the price of gas.
If you want to play on a Friday night I'll send you a PM when we are playing next. LMK

Blake

bentothejam1n
12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
dropzone is going to be your best bet. you might fid somebody who has farm out in osawatomie or something. That is always fun. Me and my friends have built a ton of fields on his farm.

usagi_tetsu
12-23-2007, 01:30 PM
If you don't mind outlaw play, there's a couple of groups around the KC area, and most can be found by joining the Yahoo group PaintballKansasCity (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/PaintballKansasCity/).

And I just played at Jaegers yesterday, and it wasn't too bad. Though when you whip out your 'mag, like I did, be ready to receive a barrage of questions both from the players and from the reffing staff. Who would have thought that a 'mag is such a strange beastie that the refs at a popular field wouldn't be able to recognize it? *feh*

BlueDragonX
12-23-2007, 05:08 PM
If you don't mind outlaw play, there's a couple of groups around the KC area, and most can be found by joining the Yahoo group PaintballKansasCity (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/PaintballKansasCity/).

And I just played at Jaegers yesterday, and it wasn't too bad. Though when you whip out your 'mag, like I did, be ready to receive a barrage of questions both from the players and from the reffing staff. Who would have thought that a 'mag is such a strange beastie that the refs at a popular field wouldn't be able to recognize it? *feh*

Yeah, I like outlaw play as long as the basic rules are followed and it's a friendly group. I'm not bothered by all the questions, gives me a chance to play up the Mag's reputation :D

SquirrelCommander
12-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I like outlaw play as long as the basic rules are followed and it's a friendly group. I'm not bothered by all the questions, gives me a chance to play up the Mag's reputation :D

Hey man! I run with TGD, why don't you PM me! We'd love to have another automaggot on our side!

also, you should check us out at Our Website! (http://teamgreendevils.org)

Later,
Steve

BlueDragonX
12-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey man! I run with TGD, why don't you PM me! We'd love to have another automaggot on our side!

also, you should check us out at Our Website! (http://teamgreendevils.org)

Later,
Steve

Cool, you might see me around then. Are ya'll sponsored by RAP4?

usagi_tetsu
12-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I like outlaw play as long as the basic rules are followed and it's a friendly group.

The group I pointed you to has been together for most of a decade now, and very worried about adherance to velocity limits. Need some better use of the barrel bags/socks/whatnot, but they keep everyone well under 300fps, and have lots of fun. Oh, and they have 3 fields scattered around the KC area. I've recently moved north to St Joe, but plan on coming down next year to their Worlds of Fun watertower field, as it's not that far away. Look us up!

I'm not bothered by all the questions, gives me a chance to play up the Mag's reputation :D

Yeah, I got to promote the loveliness that is a 'mag ("how reliable is it?" "I give it air, paint, and a decent hopper, and she just gives and gives and gives in return"), but it was such a shock to the system to hear a ref - a freakin' ref! - ask "what's that?" *sigh* Yes kids, paintball existed before 2003!!!

SquirrelCommander
12-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Cool, you might see me around then. Are ya'll sponsored by RAP4?

Yes we are.

BlueDragonX
12-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes we are.

Ahh, ok. Explains why RAP4 was in big letters everywhere :p Not a big fan of RAP4 or milsim, though.

SquirrelCommander
12-26-2007, 08:13 PM
We all have our preferences! My teammates use just about every type of marker out there, most of us are serious gun whores!

blake20
12-27-2007, 02:45 PM

I get the same when I play with my emag, I have to go chrono it for them almost every time. When I play with the Z-grip they all look like I'm shooting some alien marker.