PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Solenoid Problem

pump
11-29-2007, 06:51 AM
the noid on the hyperframe im working on doesnt push the on off pin all the way so what results is when i pinch a ball the bolt never resets and the gun keeps venting

is this a problem with other Hyperframes?

ironically my BOOYAH doesnt have this problem....woot for booyah!!!!

BigEvil
11-29-2007, 07:33 AM
There are settings on the board you can adjust that will make the noid stay "ON" longer. I forget exactly what they are on the hyperframe, but its the equivalent of 'dwell'. That should help your problem.

Also - if you are using a ult, which I hope you are, you can add another shim. That will make it easier for the noid to trip.

pump
11-29-2007, 02:59 PM
thank you for your input but neither are problems
the issue i have is the solenoid not pushing the sear far enough to close the on off

nevtangle
11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Have you tried moving the noid back towards the sear? There are 4 screws that secure the noid in place. Maybe it has moved forward and you can move it back in place.

pump
11-29-2007, 05:56 PM
yeah its all the way back

im gonna just try and find a different noid at radioshack

secretweaponevan
11-29-2007, 06:16 PM
From Warpig (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/etriggers/cflagmag/index.shtml) :
"Some Hyperframe users I have spoken to have reported no installation troubles at all, while some others have reported similar situations to what I experienced, or with needing to change the Automag's power tube spacer, reporting occasional "down the barrel" leakage until that change was made."

Maybe adjusting how many lvl 10 shims you are using might help.

spectre184
11-29-2007, 06:19 PM
the solenoid not pushing the sear far enough to close the on off

IIRC you may have to get longer on/off pin. The frame origannley came with pin that you may or may not need. Though if you bought frame used then it probably didn't come with it.

I got lucky with my used hyperframe and it shot just fine with my ULT. I didnt get on/off pin but I didnt need it after all.

pump
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
yeah i got the longest one....

i think ill try the power tube and shims

BigEvil
11-29-2007, 06:41 PM
thank you for your input but neither are problems
the issue i have is the solenoid not pushing the sear far enough to close the on off

Are you using the Centerflag on/off or a ult?

pump
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
both actually

and the hyperframe on off has the longest pin

BigEvil
11-29-2007, 07:47 PM
both actually

and the hyperframe on off has the longest pin

And this is a classic valve we're talking about?

flyingpootang
11-29-2007, 08:02 PM
There has to be a small gap between the sear and noid rod when aired up. Also are you using the stock board?

pump
11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
doh brain farted.....Xvalve.....longest pin for RT valve
and a ULT

but i have the hyperframe on off...sorry i wasnt making sense

BigEvil
11-29-2007, 08:19 PM
doh brain farted.....Xvalve.....longest pin for RT valve
and a ULT

but i have the hyperframe on off...sorry i wasnt making sense

Best bet.. use the ULT. If you have a mech frame to set it up with, I suggest doing it like that first. Get the ULT to work with as many shims as you can.

Then switch to the hyperframe and try it.

pump
11-30-2007, 03:19 AM
oh as many.....i had a good amount then just was thinking that since its not shutting off then i need to remove them

oh oh............

ill try plenty