PDA

View Full Version : Emag on/off assy question

punkncat
11-29-2007, 06:23 PM
If I take an RT on/off and shave it down on the bottom(trigger) side to measure .715 instead of the .750, will it work the same way?

What is the purpose of the quad oring vs. the "white" ring that is on the RT?

I assume that the Emag valve has a flat bottom like the X valve in the on/off hole....IE the way that it has to be for the ULT...
Since the RTP valve has the stepped hole, if I just take the outer oring off, it will work the same?

athomas
11-30-2007, 02:54 AM
(1) If I take an RT on/off and shave it down on the bottom(trigger) side to measure .715 instead of the .750, will it work the same way?

(2) What is the purpose of the quad oring vs. the "white" ring that is on the RT?

(3) I assume that the Emag valve has a flat bottom like the X valve in the on/off hole....IE the way that it has to be for the ULT...
(4) Since the RTP valve has the stepped hole, if I just take the outer oring off, it will work the same?
(1) Yes, the only difference between a RT on-off pin and an emag pin is the length.

(2) The quad oring is a bit softer than the white urethane oring so it offers less friction to allow the on-off pin to move more readily and provide better reliability. The quad oring seals a bit closer to the outer edge which, I assume, is why they changed the emag pins from .725" to .712".

(3) The mag valve on-off hole is not necessarily flat on the inside. The original emag valves were stepped just like the original RT valves. Earlier emag valves do not accept the ULT.

(4) For any valve that has the stepped hole, just don't use the outer top oring.