PDA

View Full Version : Were too from here???

Bear_Claw
11-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Well i am a maybe two to three time per year rec baller now. I only really am playing with guys at work at company functions. Befor this job and said company functions i had quite playing all together.

Now i only play woods ball so i recently got my self a pgp2 to accompany the mag for close quarter games and just for the fun of using the pump (i started way back with a brass eagle pump).

Problem is i absolutely love the PGP (best pump i ever had its never going anywere) its a lot of fun but i tend to use the mag a WHOLE lot more witch is fine but a polished shiny mag with a ROF thats a tad too fast for my back pocket to handle ($$$) is not an ideal option for the woods.

So i have come to three options

-Trade the mag to get a nicely set up tippmann witch is the ideal marker for my use (Stupid simple reliable and Slow). BUT the whole idea of loosing this mag i have had for soooo long is not exactly a good feeling. Not to mention i have sold two mags befor and always end up regreting it and buying another LOL.

-Sell this mag and buy a brand new pro classic mag (level 7) and just use that. With the level 7 its just as simple/reliable as any tippmann if not more so and it would kinda be fun starting from scratch. BUT it would probably end up slowly being built into the marker i already have - the flashy body.

-Keep my current mag and hang it on the wall as a display (with limited use AKA WHEN $$$ ALOWS THE PAINT COSTS). And bite the bullet and spend some $$ and get something low end for the woods duty along side the PGP. Maybe even splurge and get that pro classic any ways but leave it stock and use my current mag to help resist the upgrading bug. Problem here is that money is coming outa upgrading funds for the bike.

Pneumagger
11-30-2007, 12:54 AM
What is your current mag setup?

Lomarandil
11-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Option 3, but don't buy anything else.. Use the PGP when funds are tight. It may not be your ideal setup, but your costs will be super low with the PGP, making playing with the mag financially feasible more often.
Lo

pyrodragon
11-30-2007, 02:46 AM
my mag sat in the closet for 4 years. my poor poor baby. then this year she got replace with a RT PRO ULE Custom. only thing i took from my baby was the Z-grip. so what is the baby getting in return? emaggo conversion. lol.

Bear_Claw
11-30-2007, 10:17 AM
current mag is

AGD mini mag polished hopper right powerfeed
X-Valve With ULT
Intelli frame blade trigger
dye gas through front grip
32* flame drop forward with on/off ASA
Boomstick & Progressive 14" barrels
Eggy II hopper (cut down)
72ci 3000psi Tank

I also have some assorted parts including a complete classic valve level ten and a rt on/off valve in it (dont know were the stock parts went been a long time since i pulled this stuff out and i moved since sooo.....).

punkncat
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
So, why buy another classic mag when you already have the valve? Switch valves.
Another option. Slow your finger down. Just carry a hopper of paint into the woods. Go out with a tank with 2k in it....there are many ways to control and limit your usage.

Bear_Claw
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
yeah thats the other thing i cant seem to get the classic valve to crono right its all over the place. Its either leaking of shooting hot or way under. IM shure i can get it all in orer i just never bothered. :rolleyes:

The other prob is the current mags way too shiny and i just aint got the heart to paint all its shiny polished goodness.

I always go on with one hopper (i cant find my old pack). Thing is i will usually empty the hopper in a game. And end up sitting out one while i go back to the staging area to re-load. Still trying to find the rest of my gear once i find the pack it will be golden but i forsee paint getting more expensive ALOT faster.

Pneumagger
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
yeah thats the other thing i cant seem to get the classic valve to crono right its all over the place. Its either leaking of shoting hot or way under.
I say send your Classic Valve into AGD for an overhaul.

Your problem seems to your shooting to much paint?
Solution 1: Install level 10 on your gun and get it tuned, then use a gravity/impeller loader.
Solutoin 2: Buy emag/hyperframe lowers... set max ROF low.
Solution 3: Have AGD fix up your classic and install the Level 10. Use the classic valve.

smilestyler
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
It sounds like you would be happier with a regular grey powerfeed body (less shiney)

The Action Figure
11-30-2007, 01:54 PM
To me it sounds like you would be happier with a nicer pump marker. Maybe a phantom? seriously if you like playing pump then play pump.

punkrex
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Sounds like you just need to lay off the trigger :ninja:

I find that in woodsball, it is more fun to play more agressivly and take the front rather than trying to make the long ball. I end up shooting about half the paint and make 2x as many kills too.

mstrdbz
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
You could also put a single trigger frame on the mag, and switch out the ULT for the RT on/off. And like Pneumagger said, a gravity/impeller loader would help cut down the rof.

Scott Hudnall
11-30-2007, 02:31 PM
rebuild your classic AIR valve. get a level 7 foamie bolt. there you go.

Don't make the same mistake a 3rd time. keep the 'mag.

punkncat
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Get a new reg seat for the classic valve, should settle right down.....

maniacmechanic
11-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Don't make the same mistake a 3rd time. keep the 'mag.

he said it

phizz
12-01-2007, 07:54 AM
keep the mag, if you don't like the polished body just buy a new body for it...

Enemy
12-03-2007, 12:21 AM
get a better job i mean you said you only play 3 times a year so how does 3 cases of paint become too expensive.. nm you are talking about spending hundreds of dollars here to cure a 200$ a year problem and thats buying overpriced paint!! also realize that you still have to buy paint with a new gun so your not solving much.

im sorry if that comes off as an attack but i have to drive 50 mi. to a field to pay for crap paint at 40-55 a case everyweekend with gas prices in vegas hovering around 3.05. so it would seem to me that you dont have that much of a problem.

Bear_Claw
12-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I got a pretty good job actually i just got alot of responsabilitys too and bigger better hobbies.

Mortgage, Car payment, Bike Payment, Inshurance, Fuel, Food, House bills, etc.....

No i don't have a huge problem $$$ wise i just trying to see the cheapest way to get what will work best for me and not have me regretting it later.

I decided to just get the old classic valve working and through that in their. Probly eventually get another classic mag just for the fun of it but for now i just gona put a bit f TLC into what i got.

Thanx for ALL THE SUGGESTIONS GUYS