PDA

View Full Version : Question about rails...

shives007
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey all,

I was cleaning through my paintball room (it is only a small room), and getting everything put on the wall and ironing out configurations, and discovered that I could use a part. Not sure if such a thing exists, but this is the place to ask.

What I want is the a "female" piece to slide onto a rail that has screw holes like the bottom of the grip to mount things (ASA, cradle, etc.) onto. All I am seeing is the "male" side that screw onto the grip. This is fine for my tanks that are made to work w/ a rail; they have the "female" part. I do have (but want at least one more) an ASA that slides onto the rail. But, I want to be able to attach a cradle onto a "female" rail, that would then attach to the "male" rail on the grip.

Am I crazy? Does this animal exist?

Thanks,
Shives

Coralis
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Is this what you are looking for http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=180&categoryID=2

shives007
12-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Nope, that would be the "male" part I was talking about. What I want would be closer to this...

http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=21&categoryID=3

That one only goes on the Flatline tanks. In these, the holes go across to tighten the collar around the tank. I would want holes going up and down just like they are on the bottom of your grip. That would let me mount a cradle to this piece (the female part). Having the piece you suggested (the male part)on the bottom of my grip would let the two go together like...well...like sex :rofl:

Shives

PS: Not attacking anyone in particular. But, doesn't anyone understand the male/female analogy. It is like light bulbs and outlets. You know tab A into slot B. Most drops, some grips and the rail suggested above are all male.

ThePixelGuru
12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Well, I understand the male/female thing, used in everything from air fittings to plumbing to auto mechanics to computers. Still, I'm not totally sure what you're asking for... Let's see if I can get it right.

You want a piece that will slide onto your 'mag rail, and you want to bolt an ASA into that. Basically, you just want to attach an ASA to the side of your rail. Is that right?

I don't have any advice for you, I'm just trying to clarify your post so someone who knows of a piece like this could help you out. I'm sure luke could do a custom one, though... Good luck!

shives007
12-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Not the Mag rail that goes between the grip and the body. The frame (drop if you will), that goes on the bottom of your grip to mount an on/off or a Flatlline tank.

Shives

ThePixelGuru
12-03-2007, 03:44 AM
So an adaptor that bolts on to the bottom of your grip and has a female dovetail mount on the bottom. Is that right?

Like this? http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=a-gxa1b2T-IxExGlqFfxw1wiVdtuY4-8I6A=?ProductID=zR%2esFAY7u3QAAAD3nmalA_2t

I understand all the terminology, it's just not coming together in my head...

shives007
12-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Say you have an accessory bolted to the bottom of your grip. The only way to take it off is by removing 2 screws, right. If those 2 screws are hard to get at, it can be a real chore. Take that accessory off, and attach and CP rail you found at Action Village. Now, how do you attach the accessory you had there before? The CP rail is the "male" side of the arrangement. So, you need a "female" side. Some tanks and on/offs are made to slide right on the rail. The accessory I have is not. I want a piece that my accessory can screw onto, that will then slide onto the CP rail attached to the grip. Then, by losening or tightening the CP rail, my accessory will come on or off easily.

My brain must work very oddly that I can see this so easily and everyone else can't :tard:

Shives

athomas
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I know what you want but don't know where to point you. Have you tried Spec ops or other specialized mililtary simulation distributors. Most of these places attach accessories using this method.

phizz
12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
yeah I am pretty sure I understand what you want... but I don't know if I have ever seen on except on a tank cradle..

ThePixelGuru
12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
OK, so you want to bolt an ASA onto a mount with a male dovetail, then have a piece that bolts on to your frame and has a female dovetail on it; the purpose of this being that you'll be able to detach the ASA using the rails rather than a bolt-on method. Is that correct?

I'm trying here, I really am. Good luck! :dance:

shives007
12-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Pixel wins a prize. Only 2nd place though. I have a guy making me what I want already.

Shives

ThePixelGuru
12-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Haha, good, because I don't know where you can find something like that! I'm just glad I finally figured out what you were saying, it was buggin' me... :cheers:

st6212
12-04-2007, 11:09 AM
If I read right, your basically after a quick disconnect block...something like this:

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/911/

and this

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2732/

shives007
12-15-2007, 03:42 AM
hvacman250 is truely winderful :hail: . He made exactly what I was looking for. I can't believe nobody has done this before :confused: . It is almost easoer to change tanks around than to change barrels:bounce:. A couple of them fit a little tight, but I think that may be do to anno changing tollerances. I have no doubt they will break in. I love them. Now I just need another regular rail or two.

Shives

ThePixelGuru
12-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Pictures? :ninja: