PDA

View Full Version : Just won 200 dollars, what should i do with it?

Skiddz
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Well I just won 200 dollars from a raffle and I don't know whether to buy a dagger vest, a nice hpa tank (own a 72 steel 3000 one) or to get a nice barrel, digital camera, my tattoo, or some sort of computer external hard drive or sumn.

BigEvil
12-01-2007, 08:28 PM
You could give it to charity :tard:

Nah, go with the HPA tank. :cheers:

Zone Drifter
12-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Or use it for christmas gifts? lol, yeah right, I'd totally spend it on myself, or just put it in the bank and use it later. Hmm... out of those you listed, I'd either go with the tank or hard drive.

going_home
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Well I just won 200 dollars from a raffle and I don't know whether to buy a dagger vest, a nice hpa tank (own a 72 steel 3000 one) or to get a nice barrel, digital camera, my tattoo, or some sort of computer external hard drive or sumn.

Get a camera, lots of fun.

:D

Skiddz
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
well, i won the raffle from my friends fathers benifit. The benifit brought in at leask 7k so i could give it back, but i don't have a job and its really hard to find one around in michigan. But thanks for the ideas guys.

Papa_Smurf
12-01-2007, 08:36 PM

I agree.

mr doo doo
12-01-2007, 08:51 PM
if you dont have a job, than i suggest getting something that will help you daily, or something that you will use often. and yea ^^, i guess a camera is a good idea.

MoeMag
12-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Save it for when those "bills" show up that you have to sell a paintball gun for.

devildog
12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
invest it

Toll
12-01-2007, 09:19 PM
As much cheap vodka as you can carry, proclaim yourself Santa, spreading joy and mirth.

Siress
12-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Get it all in ones and go to the best...wait, how old are you?

:cheers:

Seriously though, save it. You'll need it eventually, no matter how well off you are.

olinar
12-01-2007, 09:20 PM
check out my For sale thread, lol.

I would probably just hold onto it unless i could use a new item.

dixieoutfitter94
12-01-2007, 09:38 PM
buy used stuff and get a tank and a barrel kit.... :ninja:

rkjunior303
12-01-2007, 09:39 PM
well, i won the raffle from my friends fathers benifit. The benifit brought in at leask 7k so i could give it back, but i don't have a job and its really hard to find one around in michigan. But thanks for the ideas guys.

So, you don't have a job and you want to waste the $200 on something rather than save it for when you might actually NEED it?

going_home
12-01-2007, 09:42 PM
So, you don't have a job and you want to waste the $200 on something rather than save it for when you might actually NEED it?

Who wants to waste money on food for goodness sakes ?

;)

dixieoutfitter94
12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Who wants to waste money on food for goodness sakes ?

;)
living with your parents FTW! :headbang:

blitzkriegboom!
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
* agrees w/ Siress

:cheers:

also check out my sale thread including a HP hpa tank and barell kit...

NU_METAL
12-01-2007, 10:09 PM

you could give it to the NU_metal marker foundation ,..cuz me not having marker money is a terrible thing to waste :rofl: nah im just messin around ummm i got to agree w/ going H. ive been needing a camera for ever now (ebay & a.o. pics mostly ) but everybody's :shooting: needs are different . id rather buy an Xmag than pay the house note :rolleyes:

BigTrucker
12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Put it into your gas tank. I just droped $72.00 into my truck :mad: dang green people, let us drill here in the US. :mad:

ProblemKinder
12-02-2007, 12:35 AM
buy my karta body if it ever comes in.

secretweaponevan
12-02-2007, 03:14 AM
You sound like you are young and have time on your hands. Invest it at 22% interest for 50 years.

$4,159,312.29.

Providing, of course, that the Mayans were wrong.

Jaan
12-02-2007, 10:21 AM
If you live at home with your parents, this is what you do...

Buy presents for your parents!

Contribute a little to the household, buy them something they can use and would have bought themselves. It will make your parents proud, and it will make you feel better as a man.

Hell, just take them out to a nice dinner, I'm sure they would appreciate that.

If you absolutely must spend it on yourself, you could always spend it on something that might actually someday give you something back. Invest in yourself. Buy a book on machining techniques, buy a drill press, buy a digital caliper. Make something, learn something. Take a class on welding or car repair. You get the idea. Whenever you learn something it's money well spent and pays you back in spades.

paintballfiend
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
^^^Lame :p

Be a kid. In a couple years you will wish you had that much disposable income.

Siress
12-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Where the hell can I get 22% interest?!

olinar
12-02-2007, 03:36 PM
You sound like you are young and have time on your hands. Invest it at 22% interest for 50 years.

$4,159,312.29.

Providing, of course, that the Mayans were wrong.

lemme know where to invest and ill throw 10 grand in. lol

Jaan
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
^^^Lame :p

Be a kid. In a couple years you will wish you had that much disposable income.

You should rephrase that;

spend your money now because in a few years when you're living in a trailer going through other people's trash looking for cans to return you'll wish you had made something of yourself and had a good job where you could make some extra income for the luxuries you want, like dental work.

Of course, if you work hard at it, you can go into huge piles of debt like everyone else and if you're really lucky maybe someday you can have your very own house to foreclose on.

tebo
12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
tank for sure. I would rather be able to shoot people inaccurately than not being able to shoot them at all

paintballfiend
12-02-2007, 05:28 PM

spend your money now because in a few years when you're living in a trailer going through other people's trash looking for cans to return you'll wish you had made something of yourself and had a good job where you could make some extra income for the luxuries you want, like dental work.

Of course, if you work hard at it, you can go into huge piles of debt like everyone else and if you're really lucky maybe someday you can have your very own house to foreclose on.
Dude, this guy is probably in high school, so I wouldn't worry about how $200 can either make or break his entire life.

Skiddz
12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
honestly i'm a sophmore in college, i live at home and had lived on my own for a year so i know what its like to have extra money. Like i said though, i woulda won a gun so its technicly something in a material value i would have now if it weren't for the lack of tickets sold.

I am still kind of continplatling. I would like a lighter tank becaues i have a steel and i've wanted quite a few things for a while now, but i think i may hold on to it to see how this guitar hero tourny takes me. If i make another 200 from that like i plan, i'll have 400 and from there, maybe i'll pay off my credit card and then use the tax money i get back from refund to get a nice guitar amp, new digital camera or something else. I do have a job, its just i babysit so the money i get is basicaly to pay for my gas, and credit card bill.

If all else fails i'll get my tattoo i've wanted for over a year.

jenarelJAM
12-03-2007, 12:49 AM
You have credit card debt... and you have money that miraculously appeared... and you don't want to pay off the debt? Just pay it off as soon as possible. You know what the best return for your money is? NOT paying interest.

Save up. Good habits now will save you huge hassles down the road.

Skiddz
12-03-2007, 12:03 PM
haha yeah i'm lucky though, my credit card is a college student card with a low limit with no interest. I can pay it off really easy as long as i don't spend the money but most times i have to use it to pay for my phone so i get ahead a little and then i have to spend it haha.

turbo chicken
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
i do this everytime i sell my paintball equipment ... and have cash to spend

Should i but more paintball stuff ... should i spend it on something everyone can enjoy... should i save it ... should i spendit on something i "NEED" etc...

all depends on your situation ... right now for me. .. it'd go into savings ...

from reading i'm assuming you are younger ... ask your parents what you should do with the money ... if they are reasonable... the may actually help you make a decision and even have a suggestion or two for you...

or.... spend it on paint and field fees

Skiddz
12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
ha well thanks for the more or less literal example.

I'm thinking heavily about getting a canon powershot camera hopefully 8 megapixles if i can find one. My buddy works at best buy and can maybe get me his wholesale discount if its much at all. I want to have enough left over to get a present or two for christmas shopping as well so if possible i think thats what i'm gonna do.

So its narrowed down to a digital camera to take pix over xmas, or a squire telecaster.

ProblemKinder
12-03-2007, 11:59 PM

you have something against people living in mobile homes? :(

Siress
12-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Don't take it out of context... Like it or not, mobile homes are among the cheapest forms of long-term shelter available. As such, it suited his literary use.

Skiddz
12-04-2007, 12:25 AM
I have nothing against mobile homes but i think what he was refering to was the ones which are not upkept well and such. Gf's grandparents live in a mobile home. They are very nice if you get the more expensive ones with a lot of room. If you are a small family i don't see any problems with a mobile home.

I ended up getting a nikon cool pix 7 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom, sd card, a/v out cables, and a lithium ion battery. Very nice, and it's red.

phizz
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
You have credit card debt... and you have money that miraculously appeared... and you don't want to pay off the debt? Just pay it off as soon as possible. You know what the best return for your money is? NOT paying interest.

Save up. Good habits now will save you huge hassles down the road.

I have to say morally I have to agree with this as I hate credit card debt but, Get a tank! :headbang:

Siress
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
I ended up getting a nikon cool pix 7 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom, sd card, a/v out cables, and a lithium ion battery. Very nice, and it's red.

:ninja:

cyrus-the-virus
12-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Forward all your money to.

Cyrus Williams
1556 basin st sw
Ephrata, WA 98823

or buy a new tank...

Freebird
12-07-2007, 10:19 AM
cheap booze and a stripper! :headbang: