PDA

View Full Version : How do you transport your marker??

BigTrucker
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I would like to know how other people transport their markers? Do you use a gear bag? If so what kind and how many markers will fit in it? Or do you use a tote? I happen to use an old gym bag to haul most of my gear, but it wont all fit. So i am looking around for some other ideas. :cheers:

robnix
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
I would like to know how other people transport their markers? Do you use a gear bag? If so what kind and how many markers will fit in it? Or do you use a tote? I happen to use an old gym bag to haul most of my gear, but it wont all fit. So i am looking around for some other ideas. :cheers:

JT Safe Case for each marker. They're well padded and easy to carry around in whatever else you use for the rest of your gear.

olinar
12-01-2007, 11:39 PM
im getting one of those big nxe bags with wheels pretty soon to haul all my gear. atm i put most in gear bags and carry my mask in hand and all tanks in a cardboard box. lookin really goofy when walking to the stage in lol.

FOG
12-02-2007, 12:06 AM
i have a duffel A Pelican case and a Dye pb backpack sorta thing. And the back seat of my 4dr truck is always full and some crap in the bed the floorbooarsd an evrywhrere else..lol the Dye i veryy nice,it has mask compt. as well as various othr compts. Barrels an such its
Awesome.
, gonna SEll it to buy more stuff for my Mags tho, if your interested pm me

secretweaponevan
12-02-2007, 03:11 AM
I use a long tote that I bought at Target for like $8.

It fit:
Minimag
Automag ULE
Trilogy Tactical SF
98C
Phantom
Blazer
68 4500
20oz
3.5oz
Barrels
Revy
Revy
Egg3
Warp Feed

Swampy
12-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Foot locker with "egg crate/foam Bedding" . Maybe heavy for some, but I can put all 5 markers, tanks, masks, and pack in it. I usually leave it locked in the bed of my truck, kind of noticeable seeing some trying to walk off with it.

I am thinking about making some kind of system to put in the tool box of my truck that I can take in/out after a game, so I can use the box the next day for work.

buzzboy
12-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I have a big dewalt plastic tool case from one of those cordless multitool sets. The thing holds either everything eccept my mask or everything eccept the gun. Usually I carry the gun just cause I like to look at her on the way to the field.
http://tnight.net/photos/md/81795.jpg

Looper
12-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I used to use a combination of Large Duffel bags with wheels but not paintball specific and army amo boxes for keeping my paint.

I just recently won on eBay a complete marker package and included was a Large Empire Bag made for paintball. I really did not care about the bag and was going to sell it off to recoup some of the cost of the auction but after looking at the bag I have moved all of my stuff into it.

It amazing how much stuff you can fit into a bag when it is designed for a specific task. It also keep my stuff very organized. I have included the auction link so you can see how the stuff is organized in the bag.

XMAG Huge Paintball Package (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270188612130)

:cheers:

TnDeathInc
12-02-2007, 09:48 AM
in empire gun casese then inside my empire rolling bag

Rudz
12-02-2007, 09:49 AM
locked metal gun case, hand cuffed to my hand :rofl:

SR_matt
12-02-2007, 10:25 AM
i have a redz gun bag for my cocker, sniper2, and old spyder. i put my pgp in my gear bag with a biece of foam around it and my mag sits in its own seat in my car :p (mostly because i havent had teh money or time to get a new bag that will cary it but the seat still makes it feel special)
-matt

ThePixelGuru
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
i have a redz gun bag for my cocker, sniper2, and old spyder. i put my pgp in my gear bag with a biece of foam around it and my mag sits in its own seat in my car :p (mostly because i havent had teh money or time to get a new bag that will cary it but the seat still makes it feel special)
-matt
Be careful about that if you get pulled over, that's not exactly something a cop likes to see when he looks in the window of the car he just stopped. Don't get yourself shot.

Anyway, my 'mags travel in a locked metal case, and I lock that in my car when I'm playing. I've heard of too much gear that decided to walk while its owner wasn't watching.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/33000/case_layer2.jpg

Old picture. The gear's changed, the case hasn't.

tebo
12-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I use a gym bag also, it gets pretty tight sometimes. I pack it like a puzzle.

mr doo doo
12-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I use a Rufus Dawg hardcase. Its pretty nice, with a top level for about one gun, and a bottom level for barrels and stuff. It holds my main mag and my mag pistol (just barely though). In addition, i use a duffel bag for my mask, tank, hopper, any other accessories, and my clothing. oh, and i have to carry my pack by hand since it wont fit in my duffel bag :( . sucks because i have a whole bunch of stuff to carry, but at the same time, i dont want to buy a huge gearbag with wheels because it makes you look like a good player, when im not.

BigTrucker
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
well now i dont feel like a tard. Useing normal a gym bag is the norm. I use to use a tote be it just got to bulky for me. I think i need a bigger bag though. starting to collect to much gear now :cool:

mr doo doo
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
there is no such thing about looking like an idiot about how you transport your guns. as long as the are in something safe and well maintained, who cares. :cheers:

dixieoutfitter94
12-02-2007, 08:43 PM
throw it all in a box :headbang:

12-02-2007, 08:51 PM
I carefully stack it all in a gigantic Marlboro duffle bag
Ive had as much as 6 complete gun setups in it at one time

rawbutter
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I only have two guns. For both, I bought a large Vanguard aluminum case.... like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Black-Aluminum-Vanguard-Case-18-Racing-Equipment_W0QQitemZ140184686584QQihZ004QQcategoryZ 50505QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem). Found both cases on eBay for about $30. I can fit my gun, barrel kit, tank, and hopper inside. The only thing left I have to carry is my mask and paint.

Of course, you could be like my buddy who just stuffs it all into a cardboard box. It works okay. It just doesn't get the same "ohs" and "ahs" when he opens it up.

blake20
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm now up to 2 large duffel bags. I pack each mag wrapped in a large bath towel, I put all 4 mags in one bag with just 2 revy hoppers and 4 pod pack. The other bag Holds barrels misc parts kit, freak kits, fasta hopper, pulse hopper, and halo-b hopper, along with mask and lens cleaning towels. I'm thinking of getting a fold up dolley cart that I saw at Kohl's to make it easier to haul when I leave. Seems I always have help heading to play, but when I'm leaving there is no one arround. I get the "thanks for letting me use your marker" and they skate while I'm packing up and cleaning gear. I have learned though, I let them buy the paint!!!!!!

mstrdbz
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I use a Proto gear bag. I can usually get my pack, four pods, freak kit, and three markers (two mags and an excal) in the main compartment (two if I'm running a warp). In the side pockets I can get a Halo B, Ricochet, gloves, beanie, two sets of allen wrenches (standard and metric), a spray bottle, a roll of tp to go along with the spray bottle, a 68/45 tank, and a swiss army knife. In the long back pocket I keep a towel, and in the long front pocket I have my squeegee's and extra barrels. Alas there is no room for my mask, but I don't mind carrying that to the field.

That usually leaves me with enough room for a couple of gatorade bottles in the side pockets and to put a case of paint (out of the box) in the main compartment.

ElGringo
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I have a huge OGIO http://cgi.ebay.com/OGIO-MX-9800-Racing-Gear-Bag-Mothwing-Canyon-Duffel-NEW_W0QQitemZ270185416371QQihZ017QQcategoryZ36109Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem (http://)
with each gun in a separate gun bag
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tippmann-98-Pro-Custom-A5-ACT-Gun-Storage-Bag-Case-NEW_W0QQitemZ170174703572QQihZ007QQcategoryZ64672Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (http://)
and all the barrels in a barrel bag

ultralight
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
my duffel bag (http://tinyurl.com/258s37)

i picked up the duffel, (or at least a cheap knockoff) for 25 bucks at a wholesale type place in standish called Norman's. it fits everything. two tanks, two halos, a revvy, jt pants, two jerseys, bread loaf sized tool box, laptop case, and at least one mask. and that's just the main compartment. the outer pockets contain 5 pods, my pod pack, rags, remote, stock, and various other crap i tote to the field with me.

i would definitely recommend a large rolling duffel like this, or any big name gear bag. i wasn't thrilled about the price of the dye and empire bags, so i bought the cheap knockoff, but i'm very impressed with the capacity of these bags. you could also look into hockey gear bags, they may be a bit cheaper.

my "marker" case (http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=CBT300)

i picked the laptop case out of a pile of purses and messenger bags at the local goodwill for 5 bucks. it holds my pneumag, full pipe kit, NME l.e., manuals for both guns, stick squeegie, battleswab, two other 14" barrels, and occasionally an extra minimag. laptop cases are definitely the way to go!! padding, internal straps, and lots of extra storage. not to mention that they are going to be comfier to carry.

Siress
12-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I just carry mine around full assembled... Never had an issue with it and I like the ease of doing such.

jenarelJAM
12-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Old t-shirts for padding, and then carefully packed inside one of those plastic boxes from Home Depot with the rest of my gear.

phizz
12-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I use a cheap laptop bad for the markers, then toss them into a duffle bag with the rest of my stuff. The laptop bag has a couple of nice padded compartments and its the perfect size for a marker.