PDA

View Full Version : Question about Classic Mag problem

Enhander
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
I asked this on the SpecOps fourms, ill ask it here to see what kinda of input I get.
Took my classic mag out to use for the first time. I tested it before I left to play, ran a hopper through it, no probs, no breaks, shoot insanely accurate at about 75-80 feet.
Got to the game, took it out, air'd it up, broke the frist shot and then studdered firing, then completely stopped firing.
Temperature was about 40 degrees with light snow on the ground. It was about 45 when I tested it at my house.
I was angry to say the least cause I didnt bring my backup marker, didnt think id have too.

I got back to the house, air'd it up and shot fine, no problems.

Could the temperature have had that much of an adverse effect on the mag???
I wanted the Classic to be my C02 use gun, but if it wont play in the winter, ill have to switch back to my 98

rawbutter
12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I've had similar problems with cold weather and CO2. Remember that when the C02 isn't expanding correctly, it will freeze up the inside of the valve, locking it up. That's probably what caused your problems. If you give it enough time (like... the time it takes to drive home), the valve will eventually thaw out and start working correctly again.

Fortunately, this problem is easily fixable. Run a remote, or get a big expansion chamber. Both will help the problem significantly.

Or use HPA.

Enhander
12-03-2007, 09:33 PM
I never even thought to run my remote line. I guess it would have saved me a world of problems.
I figured the weather had something to do with it, just never thought it would react like that.

mr doo doo
12-03-2007, 10:13 PM
yea, like what rawbutter said, running a remote line is the best way to go, but there are other options. use an expansion chamber, or go old school: from your ASA to your valve. use like a 40" SS hose, but curl it up in circles :D

Coralis
12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Or you could get yourself a pair of battery powered electric socks to put on your bottle to keep it warm , they only run about 20 bucks so.

Enhander
12-04-2007, 09:09 AM
I guess Ill just try my remote next time, hopefully with better results. Maybe keeping the C02 in my tank pouch will keep it a little warmer.

rawbutter
12-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Or you could get yourself a pair of battery powered electric socks to put on your bottle to keep it warm , they only run about 20 bucks so.

Wait.... are you serious? Does this really work?

Bagheera
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM

This is genius! Have you done this before?

turbo chicken
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
horrible idea ... never ever apply heat to a C02 tank ... it's not going to keep the valve from freezing anyways ...

Enhander
12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Yea, I wasnt gonna do that, messes with the tank.

Coralis
12-04-2007, 06:20 PM
horrible idea ... never ever apply heat to a C02 tank ... it's not going to keep the valve from freezing anyways ...

yeah because something that is designed to keep your feet warm is going to get so hot as to cause the CO2 bottle to explode :rolleyes: