PDA

View Full Version : Ga Scenario ballers....need some info

punkncat
12-04-2007, 10:06 AM
As you all may know, 24hourgames is closed. Other may still know it as Regulators Outpost in Dalton Ga.

The ONLY other scenario field that I know of it Low Country Paintball in Ludwicki (sp) Ga, down near Savanna.

Are there any other scenario fields left in Ga?

What are the closest ones outside Ga?

I know of Bear Claw, which is awesome. Its also a LONG way from me. Of course there is Blanding which graces us from time to time...and also a good drive.

Help a brother out, if you know of a place pretty much anywhere in the SE US let me know.

Thx

I am going to run a list. Give me confirmation on any of these if you can. Some are not full blown scenario fields but still offer woodsball.
Mods-As soon as I can get this compiled more thouroughly I will move it to the scenario forum.

List:

Knights Crossing in Commerce GA

www.knightscrossingpaintball.com

On Target Paintball in Macon

www.ontargetpaintballga.com

Scenario Paintball Games-Kruger's Place in Rome

www.scenariopaintballgamesga.com

A-1 Paintball

276 W PINE CHAPEL RD NE CALHOUN,GA
Mike Spivey 706-602-0330

Dan's Land Paintball in Jackson Ga

www.danslandpaintball.com

Battle Zone Paintball

3196 NEESE COMMERCE RD, HULL GA, 30646
Waymond @ 706-338-8792- This is a brand new field that is opening. Have no other info than what is posted below.

Low Country Paintball in Ludowici, GA

www.locopaintball.com

Athens Paintball

www.apball.com

Wildfire Paintball in Madison, GA

www.wildfirepaintball.com/Madison/Madison.htm
This field is only open for special events or private parties.

Paintball Atlanta

www.paintball-atlanta.com

Thunder Valley Paintball in Perry, GA

www.thundervalleypaintball.com

OTHER

Both Classic Paintball in Lithia Springs and Hot Shots Paintball at Windy Hill in McDonough offer city scenario fields of limited size that are quite exciting to play. Both have very nice facilities.

insixdays777
12-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I Live in ATL. 24hourgames is closed? Why? how? Details!?? That is a bummer, I planed on playing in the games this spring!

I play at Classic paintball...I am want to get back into the WOODS!

punkncat
12-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I Live in ATL. 24hourgames is closed? Why? how? Details!?? That is a bummer, I planed on playing in the games this spring!

I play at Classic paintball...I am want to get back into the WOODS!

Yes there had been some issue for a while with the land owner not wanting to extend the lease. As you may remember that property is right on the tracks and it has been speculated that an indutrial park or such will be put there.
I hate to see the field go.

I played at classic a lot this past season for team practices. Maybe we will run into each other there after I recover....
Anywho, do you know of any other fields that offer scenario ball?

Kruger has some nice woods up there in Rome, for the life of me I cannot remember the name of his place. The closing of "24" may be a boom for him.

punkncat
12-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Knights Crossing in Commerce- Is open for buisiness.

A couple down in Warner Robbins? On Target Paintball

Wildfire in Madison?
Hear that it may be gone. Confirmation ?

A couple of things I just heard about and am not even sure if they are all still open.

TnDeathInc
12-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Last i knew wildfaire was.

RobOpel
12-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Knights Crossing is gone? I've never played there, but that place was like 10 min from my house.

I always played at Athens Paintball. They sponsor(ed...I can't say for sure if they still do) a scenario team, and had a pretty good layout. Off the top of my head, I'd say they are on ~5-6 acres, most of it woods with varying densities. I don't play much woodsball anymore, but its mainly what they cater to. Also, the field staff is really friendly and will help you out with whatever you need...especially if they see you carrying a mag.

Link (http://www.apball.com/)

Paint-Fool
12-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Yes unfortunately 24hr games is done. I've been going there since the first TFT game which was in 02 I believe. Also one team mate has been attending since the start as well. It was the only good place close by that I know of. We went to Madison for an MXS game in 01 and that's the first and last time we've been there. The field wasn't that great and the prices were outrageous! So myself and the team are in the same situation as you Punkncat. We are planning on Bearclaw at some point but it's alonger drive. Some of the guys mentioned South Carolina but we haven't looked into it yet. I'm sad to see it close. :cry:

punkncat
12-05-2007, 07:04 AM
I have never heard of Athens paintball, but apparently should have. They have been in business since 90.

Paintfool, where in Madison did you play? I keep hearing of a big field out there but am unsure of where. Thats still a pretty good drive for me. The last time I went out there was on a private field run by a fellow that called himself Smurf. I have never seen so many safety problems EVER. We packed up and left after an hour or so. Should have known when I pulled out my chrono and everyone was like, whats that?

More update on 24....as the story goes, the property was mortgaged through a few people in some fashion and it was defaulted on. The actual owner pulled a repo and kicked Andy out. That is the latest rumor from "insiders".
I played a few games there back when it was Regulators and hada good time. Made a few TFT's and other games there. Great field....

Paint-Fool
12-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm not exactly sure where it was it's been so long. It was an MXS game I believe it was part of Wildfire paint ball. I think the field is still there because I saw it mentioned on the 24hr site but it's supposedly worse now.

I played all the TFT games and made at least three games a year if not more. It really sucks to have the field gone. You get used to going to the same place for 5yrs and then poof it's over.

Punkncat were you on a team when you played there? Just wondering because we might have met. I'm a member of Team half Cocked. It's always good to see someone from GA on the forums.

I hope Hoop can find something relatively close. Dalton was about 2hrs from me so it was an easy drive. If not I would end up taking two days off from work to make the games which would severely limit my playing time. I don't see myself playing much in 08 even if he finds something. I have to take Saturdays off from work to play and they always want our vacation time put in early. They will be asking for dates in about a month. Like I know what I want for the coming year already! I hate working weekends.

Siress
12-05-2007, 12:48 PM
20min south of Dalton on I-75 is A-1 Paintball. Back in the 90's it was one of the best scenario fields in the state... There's still loads of land, a plethora of bunkers, trails are still cut out, etc... It's just that there haven't been enough people to pitch in and help keep the place kept up or staff to run big games. The field isn't ran as a business as much as it is a club. Field fee is $4 and all other prices are the lowest I've found anywhere. What the place needs is a decent group of men that can pitch in and do some labor for a few days in trade for what ever the owner is willing to do (food, free field fee for X amount of time, etc...) Here's an aerial view:

Click the image for directions

http://i4.tinypic.com/6lnnxh0.jpg (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ahXX=&1y=US&1a=&1c=&1s=&1z=&2ahXX=&2y=US&2a=276+W+PINE+CHAPEL+RD+NE&2c=CALHOUN&2s=GA&2z=30701-8414)

Punkncat: The field in Rome is called Scenario Paintball.

going_home
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
As you all may know, 24hourgames is closed. Other may still know it as Regulators Outpost in Dalton Ga.

The ONLY other scenario field that I know of it Low Country Paintball in Ludwicki (sp) Ga, down near Savanna.

Are there any other scenario fields left in Ga?

What are the closest ones outside Ga?

I know of Bear Claw, which is awesome. Its also a LONG way from me. Of course there is Blanding which graces us from time to time...and also a good drive.

Help a brother out, if you know of a place pretty much anywhere in the SE US let me know.

Thx

Krugers field in Rome :

http://www.scenariopaintballgamesga.com

:D

punkncat
12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not exactly sure where it was it's been so long. It was an MXS game I believe it was part of Wildfire paint ball. I think the field is still there because I saw it mentioned on the 24hr site but it's supposedly worse now.

I played all the TFT games and made at least three games a year if not more. It really sucks to have the field gone. You get used to going to the same place for 5yrs and then poof it's over.

Punkncat were you on a team when you played there? Just wondering because we might have met. I'm a member of Team half Cocked. It's always good to see someone from GA on the forums.

I hope Hoop can find something relatively close. Dalton was about 2hrs from me so it was an easy drive. If not I would end up taking two days off from work to make the games which would severely limit my playing time. I don't see myself playing much in 08 even if he finds something. I have to take Saturdays off from work to play and they always want our vacation time put in early. They will be asking for dates in about a month. Like I know what I want for the coming year already! I hate working weekends.

Yes, when it was Reg. Outpost I played with Hoop on Team Moist Donut for a short amount of time. I went on to play with many of those guys down at Paintninja's. I familiar with Team Half Cocked. I know Woody, and I am sure you know Big Todd Meade...lol he is a great fellow, but stays on the wrong side of Hoop a lot. I was around in the days of Jethro, Chromedome, Aiki, Woody, Medic, ...many others.

On Target is still open in Macon. I happened to see their truck and trailer heading back from 24 looking at a couple of fields Hoop is selling.

punkncat
12-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Krugers field in Rome :

http://www.scenariopaintballgamesga.com

:D

LOL, yeah when he gets wind of this thread hes gonna kick my *** for not rememebering. I mean I was just there for AO South....

:tard:

Paint-Fool
12-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Yes, when it was Reg. Outpost I played with Hoop on Team Moist Donut for a short amount of time. I went on to play with many of those guys down at Paintninja's. I familiar with Team Half Cocked. I know Woody, and I am sure you know Big Todd Meade...lol he is a great fellow, but stays on the wrong side of Hoop a lot. I was around in the days of Jethro, Chromedome, Aiki, Woody, Medic, ...many others.

On Target is still open in Macon. I happened to see their truck and trailer heading back from 24 looking at a couple of fields Hoop is selling.

Yeah I know Woody very well I worked with him for about 4 years. We are the only two left from the original team that still play. Yeah Todd is defiantly out there but a good guy...him and Hoop haven't geled in a long time if ever lol I remember Chromedome and some of the others. Aiki was up there at the Sept. game. My team name is No Show...I had a bad habit of telling everyone I would be at a game then not show up...only did it once and the name stuck lol

RobOpel
12-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Just found this over on pbn:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2460885

I've never played in a scenario before, but this is pretty close by and I'm kinda interested in playing in it.

punkncat
12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah I know Woody very well I worked with him for about 4 years. We are the only two left from the original team that still play. Yeah Todd is defiantly out there but a good guy...him and Hoop haven't geled in a long time if ever lol I remember Chromedome and some of the others. Aiki was up there at the Sept. game. My team name is No Show...I had a bad habit of telling everyone I would be at a game then not show up...only did it once and the name stuck lol

What is your name, IE paint nickname or real. I feel like I should know you with all the people we know in common.

Dark Side
12-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Knights Crossing in Commerce- Is open for buisiness.

A couple down in Warner Robbins? On Target Paintball

Thanks man. I was looking for one below Macon.

punkncat
12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks man. I was looking for one below Macon.

I am compiling a list in the first post. I have confirmed that all but one of those is open for business.

There used to be a field in Perry, anyone have info on that one?

insixdays777
12-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Just found this over on pbn:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2460885

I've never played in a scenario before, but this is pretty close by and I'm kinda interested in playing in it.

That's aweome....it is near athens GA...I will be there!

RobOpel
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I plan on being there too, depending on how school is going.

Paint-Fool
12-09-2007, 01:43 AM
What is your name, IE paint nickname or real. I feel like I should know you with all the people we know in common.
No Show is my team name.

punkncat
12-11-2007, 08:22 AM
No Show is my team name.

I meant YOUR name, I got the team name..... :D

mclaggan123
12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
There is GTFpaintball in yulee florida wich is just over the border north of jacksonville. the owner is a great guy and he works with billy from LCP and Paul from knights crossing. The three of them work together from time to time on scenario's. great field and great people to boot. look them up if you want to make the drive.

punkncat
12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
There is GTFpaintball in yulee florida wich is just over the border north of jacksonville. the owner is a great guy and he works with billy from LCP and Paul from knights crossing. The three of them work together from time to time on scenario's. great field and great people to boot. look them up if you want to make the drive.

Not really a bad drive for me. I am considering adding a "SE" section, and expanding my descriptions a bit. There are a quite a few fields around, its just that only a few get the word out. Before this thread I didn't know about quite a few of these.

mclaggan123
12-13-2007, 03:57 PM
go to gtfpaintball.com and check it out. the pics are out of date but the field is nice. ha has about 250 acres and also offers skeet shooting on the property too. thanks to guys like billy and paul and lots of help from the sponsored teams the field is getting huge quick. he has about 3-4 scenario's a year and they tend to have about 300-350 players. its the only field that i have ever gone back too after moving out of state for the navy. i live in virginia and i drive down just to play there and hang out with the players there. have fun no matter where you go and maybe ill see ya there.