PDA

View Full Version : quick opinion

tebo
12-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I just formed a team with some guys from my local field, we are going to be playing begginer and i was wondering what you guys thought of our team name. Profuse.

phizz
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
seems to short to me... need another word attached to it. Been trying to think of something but I can't. Also will many people know what it means?

tebo
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
probably not, but it means bountiful. Maybe profuse ballers?

Lomarandil
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Can't resist the alliteration in Profuse Painters

Lo

trethompson2
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I always liked the name
Team Your Hot Sister :clap:

What you guys should do is take a team name from a retired team.. confuse people.

There was a local team around here in the mid-late 90's called
Team Counter Productive.
I always liked that name.

Siress
12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
profuse is a common word...why would you want to use it? Although Profuse Painters almost makes me smile...

Remember the ol' "off in the woods" joke?
Aftershock beat Off in the Woods...

Special kids
Aftershock beat Special Kids...
Special Kids beat Aftershock...

Engther...you get the idea

maniacmechanic
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Can't resist the alliteration in Profuse Painters

Lo
I like it

tebo
12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Profuse painters sounds good

lidocaine
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
My team (just myself and a friend) go by the name "Team Caine"

Me being Lidocaine and him being Novacaine.
Pretty cool if you ask me.

Its copyrighted btw :D

tebo
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Very nice name. We can't play any tournies untill spring because our snake player got a bad concusion(sp?) I want a tight nit team that know each other and can paly well with each other so we are going to play lazer tag next week :headbang: So much fun

ThePixelGuru
12-04-2007, 08:35 PM
lazer tag
http://will.incorrige.us/facepalm/picard.jpeg

punkrex
12-04-2007, 08:47 PM
:rofl:

tebo
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Just a thing for fun. We are going to be doing a bunch of tournaments when our snake player isn't concust(sp? yet again)

Jaan
12-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Also will many people know what it means?How could you not know what that means? It's only two syllables. Is the education system really that far behind these days?

I always liked words that not many people know, like Immolation or Legerdemain. Profuse by itself is a bit ambiguous.

Paintchucker
12-05-2007, 05:47 PM
profuse is a common word...why would you want to use it? Although Profuse Painters almost makes me smile...

Remember the ol' "off in the woods" joke?
Aftershock beat Off in the Woods...

Special kids
Aftershock beat Special Kids...
Special Kids beat Aftershock...

Engther...you get the idea

if you were planning on losing much, "Off Profusely" might work for the name... :dance:

890SHAWN
12-05-2007, 06:04 PM
How about Profuse Punishment?

12-06-2007, 01:34 PM
We gave some serious thought to being Team Meat
then if we lost, you were just beating the Meat

tebo
12-06-2007, 08:58 PM
ha good one

dixieoutfitter94
12-06-2007, 09:07 PM
How could you not know what that means? It's only two syllables. Is the education system really that far behind these days?

I always liked words that not many people know, like Immolation or Legerdemain. Profuse by itself is a bit ambiguous.
I dont know what profuse means.... :tard:

daniam
12-07-2007, 06:15 AM
[QUOTE=Jaan]How could you not know what that means? It's only two syllables. Is the education system really that far behind these days?

this one group of kids formed a team to play in a local weekly tournament, but couldn't spell, they wanted to be team "FURY", but submitted "FURRY", we didn't let them change it back, and stuck them with "FURRY", so all the weekly tournament reports and standings etc. were all printed with team "FURRY" for the 6 weeks that the tourney ran for.

drg
12-07-2007, 06:33 AM
My team (just myself and a friend) go by the name "Team Caine"

Me being Lidocaine and him being Novacaine.
Pretty cool if you ask me.

Its copyrighted btw :D

bah so many opportunities being missed! Team Painless or ... Shoot em up or something ... gosh ...

ThePixelGuru
12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
this one group of kids formed a team to play in a local weekly tournament, but couldn't spell, they wanted to be team "FURY", but submitted "FURRY", we didn't let them change it back, and stuck them with "FURRY", so all the weekly tournament reports and standings etc. were all printed with team "FURRY" for the 6 weeks that the tourney ran for.
Hah, awesome. I wonder how many people at the tourny knew what furries are. I wouldn't have let 'em change either, though. Teach 'em that spelling's important, and that a hardcore team name is just one letter away from sexual deviance. :rofl: