PDA

View Full Version : Just got done polishing my Classic RT. *big pics*

trethompson2
12-04-2007, 07:16 PM
If im in the wrong forum then im sorry.

I still have to install the lvl 10, mount the qloader, get my armageddon 72/45 back from hydro and put the foregrip on when it comes. Got some extra barrels too.

I cut the body to short but I have another one on the way. :rolleyes:
But im going to cut it vertically as much as I can do show off the valve and just barley hide the o-rings on the barrel.
Im thinking of cutting the back of the rail down to only have 2 holes and retap the holes that are there and cut the front rail down so just a fore-grip will fit.
I wanna make it the micro classic RT :shooting:

The polishing job could of been 10x better but all I had was some wet sand paper and a Dewalt high speed buffer and some wool pads.
But I had nothing else to do and I plan on anodizing it hopfully soon so its good enough for that.
I gotta touch up a few spots with a Dremel.

Not to shabby for 4.98 (cost of Mothers metal polish creme)

I got it powder coated yellow:

http://i6.tinypic.com/815322v.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/81i5g1t.jpg

Sand blasted it:

http://i13.tinypic.com/71ftllg.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/6ybdab5.jpg

Polished:
http://i13.tinypic.com/7yefwc9.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/71eigsz.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/71gr405.jpg

Soon to be anodized ( yellow to gold fade )

Thank you for looking guys.
Many thanks to members off here for helping me put this together.

Hostiletek for the mag.
Derf87 for the lvl 10
DevilMan for the Qloader
Bacci paintball (off mcb) for the body in the mail.
blitzkriegboom! for the barrel shown.
Olinar for the soon to be foregrip
GHola for the two barrels not pictured.

Thank you Automags.org for being a respectable, mature and honest forum.
:cheers:

blitzkriegboom!
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
ohh dude. it's real nice. :cheers:

cougar20th
12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Now thats a huge change. Great job on the polishing.

BAZOOKA_Boy
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I like it, though I think a polished clear finish would look better personally :-P

Ninjeff
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
wow. Super job on the polish.

Heck, id keep it like that. :headbang:

trethompson2
12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Thank you :)

I have a few burn/rub marks I gotta take care of with the dremel. I just dont have the bits I need here.
I kinda rushed it today.. I still need to clean the parts and get the rest of the junk out.

olinar
12-04-2007, 07:51 PM
looks great, but that body cannot be annoed. its made out of stainless steel so it wont hold anno. maybe a duracoat job instead?

either way that looks sick, i think the sand blasted pic makes everything look sweet. i might have to sandblast my karta emag :eek:

lmk when the foregrip comes in.

sup909
12-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Did you just polish that up using a dremmel polishing bit? That is a fantastic polishing job.

trethompson2
12-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Will do Olinar.
I know the body cant be anodized ;)
I have another one from Bacci coming thats already polished and un-cut so I can give it another shot.

I didnt use a Dremel at all.. well I am going to for touch ups.

I got a Dewalt high speed buffer (for doing car detailing) and a 6 inch (i belive) velcro pad that the wet sand disc paper sticks to.
I flipped the buffer upside down and used it like a belt sander

Process:
Sand blast - 280 grit with DA sander - 360 grit with DA sander - 600 grit with buffer at 1,800 rpm - 1000 grit with buffer at 2,000 rpms - 1500 grit with buffer at about the same rpms.
Then a wool polishing pad.. with the buffer still upside down.. and alot of mothers polishing creme and 3,000 rpms.

I did alot of hand sanding tho.. I found it relaxing.
I wish I had 2000 grit tho :(
I ran short on the 360.

And I dont reccommend using a high speed buffer upside down to polish. Ive done it alot when I worked in a detail shop and I had parts to do.. but sometimes when parts catch the pad they can shoot off.. or shoot at you :D

mr doo doo
12-04-2007, 08:15 PM
WOW! that is a drastic change from the cheese RT :D . looks great man! the sandblasted finish seems pretty cool as well.

ThePixelGuru
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Looks real nice. My only regret is that the rotten banana 'mag is no more. :cry:

Oh, and I should know this, but I don't: how do you sandblast stuff? Rock Tumbler? :rofl:

Bagheera
12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
http://i3.tinypic.com/71gr405.jpg

I say leave it silver and go for that "Terminator" look. ;)

Russ
12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Looks great!

I say go with the anno, it will look stunning!

trethompson2
12-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I love it polished.. but I love yellow/gold anodizing.
Worse case I can always strip it off.
I wouldnt mind a nice sun burst orange color either..

Sand blasting is done with a gun with little tiny beads. I didnt do it personally.. I had my friends father do it for me.

I think a sand blasted gun with black parts would look great.

And im sorry about the old color ThePixelGuru. But its for the best :cheers:

p8ntbal4me
12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow.

Now THATS and R/T!

wetwrks
12-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Dude, I'm not big on polished guns but it looks pretty hot just like that. You really might consider just having it clearcoated.

Derf87
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Oooooooo Shiney.lol Looks good man. I give it, five dancing bananas
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: .lol

PsychoBaller
12-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Nicely Done. Classy Indeed!

TTUBubkat
12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
I liked the yellow bulldozer look better.

trethompson2
12-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Thank you guys :D

Im not 100% sure what I want to do either.. I love the shine. After I fix a few spots it will look awesome in person. But im going to set up a anodizing station and tinker with that so chances are its going under :p

punkncat
12-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Just out of curiousity, why did you cut the rear of the body?

Personally I think you should seal it with a good polish and leave it as another fingerprint nightmare. That thing is sharp.

trethompson2
12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
I dont like the body covering the valve.
Im going to cut more off the body I have coming.. as much as I can to the on/off screw.
Same with the front.. with the new body im just going to cut it either up and down as close to the barrel o rings as I can or do it on an angle again.

I really dis-like the cheese grater.. and my intentions were to polish the entire valve and have whats on there now (serials.. warning text.. ect ect) lazer engraved back on.

I need to go pick up Dremel bits today to get in all the tight spots and fix some little areas.

p8ntbal4me
12-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I dont like the body covering the valve.
Im going to cut more off the body I have coming.. as much as I can to the on/off screw.
Same with the front.. with the new body im just going to cut it either up and down as close to the barrel o rings as I can or do it on an angle again.

I really dis-like the cheese grater.. and my intentions were to polish the entire valve and have whats on there now (serials.. warning text.. ect ect) lazer engraved back on.

I need to go pick up Dremel bits today to get in all the tight spots and fix some little areas.

I was going to ask you why you cut the front off,... I like the looks of the classic R/T body.

However,.. your move to cut the back of the body,.... good one.

I did that to 2 of mine and putting an x-valve on my R/T to sport a ULT and the LV X was the best thing for it.

I think I had to widen the spot for the sear to come up into the body under the on/off. But it works awesome. Same body used in the videos of my EP kit.

~ P8nt

michbich
12-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Truely nice work. Can't tell you if it would be better annoed or polished but either way, you should be proud of your work. :wow:

Bagheera
12-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Clearcoating is a good idea. Just leave it silver, wear a black jacket and sunglasses, and before the game starts, tell your team "come with me if you want to live."

Zone Drifter
12-06-2007, 01:35 AM
It looks beautiful polished, but to be honest, im digging the sandblasted look... maybe i should do that to one of mine...

wetwrks
12-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Yah, I like the sandblasted look too.

turbo chicken
12-06-2007, 08:51 AM
finger print nightmare :headbang: ... but why cover up all that work ... dura coat that thing black!!!

FOG
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Friggin awesome in both looks ! veryyyy good job Bud, persoally i do prefer the sanblasted one

trethompson2
12-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I think my next mag is going to be sand blasted with glossy black parts on it.
I was surprised how nice the sand blasting came out too.. it was perfectly smooth and all.

Im gonna have to invest in my own small sand blaster :D
Im hoping by the new year ill have my anodizing station up and going and buy the right stuff for polishing.
Im self employeed with my uncle. We just do general investing (buying in bulk and selling), credit card processing (little attnetion needed from me) and other stuff. So I have all the time in the world to do my own thing. And we just got 800 square feet of warehouse space (two overhead doors) that im going to use for automotive detailing. But anodizing is going to have to squeeze in there too :D

... and maybe a bed :clap:

Texas Trigger
12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Nevermind.

daniam
12-07-2007, 06:06 AM
that is very sexy, mad props

blake20
12-13-2007, 07:06 PM
How much time did it take you on the polishing part??? Looks sweet!!!

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 08:56 PM
It looks like i'm the only one in the world (well both here and on pbnation) who thinks it's a downgrade. :(