PDA

View Full Version : Lengthen Sear/Trigger Pin

xxkylexx
12-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey guys,
There is some play in between my trigger and the trigger pin that comes forward off the sear. I notice that there are some threads on this thing. Can I unscrew it out more to bump it up right behind my trigger? Any negative side effects from this? This is a classic mag with a benchmark double trigger frame.

Thanks,
Kyle

Spider-TW
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Bad. :nono: Nooo Touchee!

There should be about 0.5 mm (iirc) gap between the rod and the trigger, which is necessary for the sear to lock up properly. No gap usually leads to bolt damage or just not firing at all, depending on your on/off.

xxkylexx
12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Bad. :nono: Nooo Touchee!

There should be about 0.5 mm (iirc) gap between the rod and the trigger, which is necessary for the sear to lock up properly. No gap usually leads to bolt damage or just not firing at all, depending on your on/off.
Haha. I'll leave it alone, thanks!

athomas
12-06-2007, 02:29 PM
You can lengthen the trigger rod as long as you still maintain a tiny gap. The gap ensures that the on-off pin can open fully and that the sear can catch the bolt when the trigger is forward.

gnnr
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Is there any negative effect if the gap is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than .5 mm? (no intent to highjack thread, but my question relates to "my new X-valve" thread)

Spider-TW
12-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Is there any negative effect if the gap is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than .5 mm? (no intent to highjack thread, but my question relates to "my new X-valve" thread)
You have your own thread! jk

The worst that can happen is that the trigger doesn't push the sear far enough to release the bolt; so this does match your symptoms, as long as you got your field strip screw in correctly. :ninja:

gnnr
12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
You have your own thread! jk

The worst that can happen is that the trigger doesn't push the sear far enough to release the bolt; so this does match your symptoms, as long as you got your field strip screw in correctly. :ninja:
:argh: And now I have asked my question in both.