PDA

View Full Version : Tac-one questions

jnbradl
12-06-2007, 02:03 PM
First time poster here. I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and am looking to buy a Tac-One. This will be my first Mag. I have been a woods baller for about 10 years now and have only used a Tippmann 98 and A5 which I still own. I am looking to upgrade to a better marker and have found a local place to get H.P.A. filled.

My question to everyone is.... what are the pros and cons of the Tac-One? What kind of gas efficiency should I expect from the H.P.A.? On that same note, I am looking to go big on the tank since I will not be able to refill during the day. Would a 88-91 ci be to big to gun off the marker without running a remote? How does the general maintenance, "tuning", perfromance, etc... compare to a Tippmann?

Thanks again for a great forum and for your time.

athomas
12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
The great thing about mags are that they don't require much maintenance. They just work.

I used to run a 88ci 3000psi tank on my emag. If you can fill a 88ci 4500psi tank, you should have lots of air. The 88 tank isn't that big. I never found it cumbersome at all.

rawbutter
12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I had a Tippmann 98 for a while, and I own two mags now, so I might be able to give you a few pointers.

People will tell you there are no cons to a Tac-One, and while I don't personally own that version, I'm included to agree with them. A Tac-One is pretty much top of the line, as far as a mech marker goes. After playing with it for five minutes, you'll never want to go back to your Tippmann ever again. As for the pros.... um... it looks great, it shoots great, it's consistent, it's rough and tough... It's awesome. :headbang:

As for HPA, I own a 68/4500 tank, and I can get about 800+ shots out of it, and I seldom shoot more than that in a day, so it fits my needs perfectly. I've seen 88ci tanks on Tac-Ones. In the pictures, they DO look big, but I guess it's all personal preference. I personally wouldn't want to go bigger than a 68ci tank, but that's just me. Any bigger, and I don't think I'd be able to shoulder the mag properly... at least not without a huge drop forward.

Tippmanns and mags are pretty much the same as far as maintaince goes. When I had my Tippmann, I disassembled/cleaned it after every other game and oiled it every game. I do the same with my automag.... although it takes MUCH less time to take about the mag.