PDA

View Full Version : Got a few questions..

thahouse
12-06-2007, 07:35 PM
First off, i have been an avid reader of this forum for quite a while now, and props to many of you for your awesome projects and info posted!

I have a couple questions since my automag is malfunctioning these days.

1) Where on earth can i possibly get a low pressure piston for my retro reverse valve? I assume that my piston is shot, since the marker leaks directly out of the velocity adustment from the hole where the allen key inserts to turn the mechanism.

2)Who here builds and sells full lower ego grip modified to fit automags? I know i will have to do some drilling, but i would love to build an egomag. but im concerned about price since i know that one can be built for a hundred bucks and some if not less and done in a few hours.

Thank you in advance for the answers

RangerX
12-06-2007, 08:42 PM
1)Have you tried turning the velocity down? The valve is designed to bleed pressure out that hole if the velocity is set too high.

2) dont know

ThePixelGuru
12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Turn the velocity down like RangerX said until it stops leaking, then fire a few shots. If they're about 300fps or higher, that was your problem.

No one sells pre-modded Ego frames. Check the B/S/T forums here and you might be able to pick 'em up, or ask guys who've modded a few if they'd consider doing one for you. If you're not set on an Ego frame, I think luke still mods Spider frames. That should be a bolt-on frame, no drilling of your 'mag needed.

Spider-TW
12-07-2007, 09:28 AM
1) Where on earth can i possibly get a low pressure piston for my retro reverse valve? I assume that my piston is shot, since the marker leaks directly out of the velocity adustment from the hole where the allen key inserts to turn the mechanism.

Have you cleaned out the reg and replaced the piston orings yet? It's rare that the piston or even the safety relief goes bad.

ThePixelGuru
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
FYI, here's a sale thread for an Ego frame modified to fit a 'mag.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222866

thahouse
12-07-2007, 05:32 PM
thanks for the replies guys!

yeah, i have replaced all the orings on the marker...even the tiny *** ones that took me hours to find lol. I may have put on a bad one, but it leaks regardless whether my velocity is completely in or completely out. THe only time it does not leak, is when i hold the trigger in. I did use orings that were relatively new, but been sitting around for a while. Perhaps i shoujld get a new oring kit...im assuming that the xvalve oring kit would suffice.

As for the ego grip frame, i am looking to have someone on this forum to do one up for me since i am not exactly too good with electronics (soldering, fudging around with pistons, etc) I can manage to drill into the rail to get the grip frame on..thats no issue. WHO should i contact to get one done? Any suggestions?