PDA

View Full Version : How many slugs are still out there?

Xmagterror
12-06-2007, 08:21 PM
How many people have slugs? Just trying to get an idea of how many are out there still. Looking for people that want their AGD slug milled into XT Customs Phoenix body/with rail. I am making a bunch of extra phoenix rails so those will be in stock pretty soon.

wetwrks
12-06-2007, 11:42 PM
I still have an unused sluggo. Just don't have the mulah at the minute to have it done. I do love the Phoenix and would love to do it.

jaywmustang
12-07-2007, 08:52 AM
i still have one.

Chronobreak
12-07-2007, 11:20 AM
not many, i wouldnt expect more than 5-10 people max to use slugs as trade in

Xmagterror
12-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Those are some low numbers! There is another Jay that has a hoard of AGD ones.LOL

Chronobreak
12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
im not saying there isnt more out there, just that they are unlikely to show up as trade ins.

expecialy with the remake of chords, and colin offering kartas/dallaras again

rawbutter
12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
im not saying there isnt more out there, just that they are unlikely to show up as trade ins.

expecialy with the remake of chords, and colin offering kartas/dallaras again

I don't know how many people are still going to get Dallaras and Kartas. With the recent massive price increase, I think people are going to be looking seriously at other options.

Chronobreak
12-07-2007, 02:34 PM
rawbutter,

sorry i was confused by what you said so i went to check pricing and noticed Colin doubled his prices :eek:

that along with the chords running $375+ i see what you mean

the phoenix seems to be the best bang for the buck currently, as other mag bodies seem to reaching outrageous(not unwaranted) prices.

Still might just be me though i still wouldnt expect alot of people to be using slugs as trade in value though i could be wrong most people seem to be holding onto them for whatever reason

rawbutter
12-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Still might just be me though i still wouldnt expect alot of people to be using slugs as trade in value though i could be wrong most people seem to be holding onto them for whatever reason

Yeah.... it seems that new body designs keep coming out once or twice a year, so it's kinda nice to hold onto a slug. That way, if something really nice comes out, you don't have to go begging for a slug.

ClassicMagger
12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
rawbutter,

sorry i was confused by what you said so i went to check pricing and noticed Colin doubled his prices :eek:

that along with the chords running $375+ i see what you mean

the phoenix seems to be the best bang for the buck currently, as other mag bodies seem to reaching outrageous(not unwaranted) prices.

Hey Chronobreak:

Brand new chord's are a great deal at $375. I don't have to mess with polish, anodize, it comes with the cclip and retaining washer. Plus Rogue is throwing in a feedneck and detents at that price. That's a hell of a deal.

I remember when going_home sold an used Karta body without a rail for $450. Even the XT Ripper body was originally $375 no polish or ano and without any of the extras Rogue is doing.

-ClassicMagger

Chronobreak
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Cm, it must be a selective memory thing

i know the times dictate pricing but i recall a time when whitewolf COULD NOT move a karta for the life of him.

599 for a comple karta mag, triggerfra,eforegrip, barrel, x-valve....it sat for months on end.

Price just seems steep to me, im to the point where im agreeing that as long as a competant machinist is making the bodies why are we bothering with slugs at all? its just adding 150 to the cost.

like i said , the prices are not unwarranted, but that doesnt mean they arent still steep

ClassicMagger
12-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Cm, it must be a selective memory thing

i know the times dictate pricing but i recall a time when whitewolf COULD NOT move a karta for the life of him.

599 for a comple karta mag, triggerfra,eforegrip, barrel, x-valve....it sat for months on end.

Price just seems steep to me, im to the point where im agreeing that as long as a competant machinist is making the bodies why are we bothering with slugs at all? its just adding 150 to the cost.

like i said , the prices are not unwarranted, but that doesnt mean they arent still steep

Hey Chronobreak:

I'd love to save $150 by not using a slug. Are you getting the new XT bodies for $225? I thougt they were $300 without all the fixin's?

-ClassicMagger

Mongoose
12-07-2007, 04:15 PM
i have 2 agd slugs i am willing to sell if anyone is intrested

Chronobreak
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey Chronobreak:

I'd love to save $150 by not using a slug. Are you getting the new XT bodies for $225? I thougt they were $300 without all the fixin's?

-ClassicMagger

All im going to say for the third time

They are ALL expenisve, that is not to say the price is NOT WARRANTED

trying to recall what i paid for my karta body, think it was around $240 + 10 to have the emag lip removed

as for the phoenix... :ninja:

:D

maniacmechanic
12-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I just sent X 2 sluggo's to get milled , due to Colins new pricing & when it comes down to it I prefer to polish my own body due to the fact there will be changes made on it before it goes to the the anno man to be annoed the color of my choice

Now on Colins pricing ; he's doing the work nobody else will do ( X excepted ) so he should be well paid for his efforts & he just made the resale value of DW bodies go up by probley 150$

As far as Rogue's Chords go they are well worth the price listed ( probley should be more ), most of us probley don't have ANY IDEA of how much work, time & money he has put into this project to get it going and then to us ,,,,,, & when WAS the last time you say a Chord for sale ?

Silverback
12-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks to Rawbutter I got my first Slug body, and I am now getting a second slug, so I will have a matched set Karta RT and Karta E-mag. I am still looking for a BLADE trigger for my E-Mag though, any ideas. Logic is out...

ProblemKinder
12-08-2007, 03:47 AM
pheonix = sexiest mag body i've ever seen.

unfortunately i already sent my slug to get karta'd. dang dang dang.

of course it's only costing 100 do have it karta'd. maybe some day xmag will do another run of pheonix' like colin is doing with the karta's.