PDA

View Full Version : CPX today - it wasn't good.

Shaft
01-13-2002, 10:35 PM
Once again CPX proved incapable of providing a quality product.

They ran out of winter paint before I got there. My MAG does not like summer paint in 40* or less weather. It will chew, chop, and devour any paint attempting to pass through the barrel.

Even my hopper elected to macerate its contents by splitting a few balls within and soaking the rest with fill.

I had a terrible day. And the Warp absolutely hates cold weather. More likely the 9v's insufficient supply of current in the cold. I truly agree with Tom's comments on 9v's.
I'm thinking of exploring the idea of buying an EMag battery, just to run my warp and revvy. Any idea how much the battery with aluminum cover and charger would cost? That would be kind of cool.

zvanut
01-13-2002, 10:42 PM
hmm............ good idea for the battery pack and warp/revvy

lonsch
01-13-2002, 10:54 PM
try useing double A bateries they have alot more current than a 9 volt battery

RobAGD
01-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Battery with housing is $80 retail

Charger is like 40 or 60.

-Robert

Gunga
01-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Daaaaamn. Sorry to hear about your bad time at CPX. I almost went there today myself, despite past bad experience there with staff. I just had the itch to play paintball earlier this week. Good thing I didn't go after all.

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 01:09 AM
CPX NEVER has good paint!!!! Every time I go to that damn place I have paint problems. You should have seen the junk they were selling at the last CPSA tournament.

irbodden
01-14-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by damageinc54
CPX NEVER has good paint!!!! Every time I go to that damn place I have paint problems. You should have seen the junk they were selling at the last CPSA tournament.

BE paint is the norm there now. I heard that Brass Eagle invested alot of money into the rennovation of CPX, and part of the contract was that they would sell Brass Eagle.

They need more refs on the field and to get games going faster. They also need to clean that Armagedon field up, someone may trip on all that junk :eek:

Gambit1106
01-14-2002, 07:20 AM
They also need to clean that Armagedon field up, someone may trip on all that junk

Or break your ankle like I did this year.

Well if anyone is interesed lets try and o to CCP next weekend. That way weather will not affect the paint and markers.

Darren

mountaindud
01-14-2002, 08:45 AM
I was there saturday TERRIBLE PAINT! I broke 100 in a row and had to throw it out. Brass Eagle must die. Back in my day (earlier this year) they used Diablo paint.

Shaft
01-14-2002, 09:31 AM
As far as I can tell they were using RPS Premium with the Advantage shell.

It's all dry shell paint. Does BE sell that now as well?

It was old and dimpled yesterday. Most importantly it was summer paint.
I only have issues with there paint in the winter.

Tony Arrivo
01-14-2002, 03:52 PM
I went with Mountaindud, BAD PAINT even the new stuff i bought was bad. And yeah I watched him break 100 in a row. CPX is goin downhill and fast but it still isn't a bad place. I could reccomend about 1000 things to change there tho.

irbodden
01-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Gambit1106

Or break your ankle like I did this year.

Well if anyone is interesed lets try and o to CCP next weekend. That way weather will not affect the paint and markers.

Darren

You broke your ankle on it? Did you look into legal matters?

Tony Arrivo
01-14-2002, 04:16 PM
I fell on a metal rod at armageddon and cut my knee to the bone.Bleed for two days straight and couldn't walk on it for like a week, from now on I wear knee pads there. But they really should clean it up.

Minority
01-14-2002, 05:29 PM
I play at cpx all the time and never get hurt, maybe its cuz I am used to the conditions there.

Btw, the paint there isn't too bad, ya just need better barrel

Tony Arrivo
01-14-2002, 05:41 PM
I use a DYE Ironmen serise BoomStick, Believe me i played sat. the paint was awful. There were dents in every paintball and they were mishapen, we all though they were just bein chewed by my friends warp but then when i checked my hopper mine were bad too. Seconds at 25 for 500 BAD PAINT

Gambit1106
01-14-2002, 10:07 PM
You broke your ankle on it? Did you look into legal matters?

Not too much for legal when you sign a waiver. Than again the didn't seem to care too much. They stopped the game to get me off the field and started back up. They tried to call to get me a ride but they don't allow the shuttle bus to do that. Don't try being carried/walking on a broken ankle to the tables.

MINIRETROMARK
01-15-2002, 12:01 AM
i played at cpx three week ago i had the same problem with my mag. it was like shooting a shotgun everytime i fired, paint was spreading all over the place. and i think the pmi advantage does not do well in cold weather.

Bartleby
01-15-2002, 12:03 AM
oh my that was you? HA! I remember that! God that's hilarious. I mean, not that you broke your ankle and all, i'm mean my most sincere apologies but I think it's hilarious that it was a fellow AOer i saw limping back to the staging area. :D

P.S. hope you feel better :D

Gambit1106
01-15-2002, 06:55 AM
Oh yeah that was me. I'm much better now but I still have to tape my ankle when I play.

Darren

Ityl
01-15-2002, 02:55 PM
you know how much that waiver is worth? notta. Also we stuck the advantage shell outside for a while, and it shot, soaked it in water, and it shot. I don't think that stuff dimples either. AND if it's premium, I never had a problem with that paint in freezing weather. Only paint I did was Zap performance plus, which got too brittle in the cold.

Maghappy
01-15-2002, 02:59 PM
cpX SUCKS? THAT SUX I WAS GUNNA START GOIN THERE

irbodden
01-15-2002, 02:59 PM
That waiver is worthless, especially if you can show how unsafe that field is.

Tony Arrivo
01-15-2002, 03:00 PM
They don't use ZAP they use Brass Eagle crap balls now :(

Maghappy
01-15-2002, 03:55 PM
OMG THEY SWTICHED TO A S S EAGLE! HOLY CRAP WHY WOULD THEY SWITCH TO THE CRAPIEST PAINT IN THE WORLD! AAAAH! CPX SUCKS NOW! :(

Tony Arrivo
01-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Yeah, supposedly Brass Eagle helped them make some of the new areas and stuff so part of the deal is CPX has to use Brass Eagle paint :(

AllAmericanMag
01-15-2002, 05:19 PM
I was with Tony and mountaindud on Saturday and my mag was chopping like a monkey.

Shaft
01-15-2002, 05:26 PM
Does BE paint have the advantage shells now??? RPS makes it for them?

The paint that I bought was dry shelled.
And it did not like the cold. Broke in the hopper, in the barrel in the gun. Broke all over.

BE owns a big chunk of CPX. They have for quite a while now.

Bartleby
01-15-2002, 10:12 PM
BE owns, i believe, half or more of cpx. they spent the $800000 for bedlahm and armaggedon. and by the way, cpx uses the PMI premium paint, which is damn near as bad a BE

Tony Arrivo
01-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Wow, didn't know they had that much of CPX. Oh, and thanks for clearin up that paint thing, I wasn't sure.

Minority
01-16-2002, 11:43 AM
well, Is your barrel correct size with the balls?

Btw, if you got jt kneeshingaurds, Im sure you would have been fine.
In armegedon, do not run, be careful.
They should put a sign there, be careful about dangerous objects and recommend wearing knee/shin gaurds

Tony Arrivo
01-16-2002, 12:03 PM
They should but they don't

Minority
01-16-2002, 12:26 PM
I will personally ask them this weekend then.

Tony Arrivo
01-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Im going this weekend too, a matter of fact it will be my new Mags Christining :) But I'll ask them to also.

Gambit1106
01-16-2002, 12:50 PM
Tony/ Minority,

What day are you going to CPX? I might be going up on Sunday. On Armageddon should have a warning for everything. I was squatting and a rock rolled out from under my foot that I shifted my weight to. I refuse to play that field.

Tony Arrivo
01-16-2002, 01:05 PM
Well, it's looking like saturday for me. But if we can get enough people to ask for a warning sign an Armageddon I'm sure they will put one up.

Gunga
01-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Gambit1106
On Armageddon should have a warning for everything. I was squatting and a rock rolled out from under my foot that I shifted my weight to. I refuse to play that field.

From all the horror stories we've been hearing about that particular field, it sounds like they should change the name from 'Armageddon' to 'Lawsuit Waiting to Happen'.

Maghappy
01-16-2002, 01:31 PM
HAHA! thats hilarious. sounds like CPX has gone downhill big time....

Ploop.Wooh.... i never changed font before eh? this is kinda coool....