PDA

View Full Version : 68 AutoMags.

Swampy
12-08-2007, 05:23 AM
Hey AO.

For those that still have 68 AutoMag A.I.R. Valves (NOT CLASSIC) stamped on the valve. I know its the same as a now classic valve, but are we in a different "group". IMHO with the MOTM a "68 AutoMag" valve is old school compared to classic valves. I know I'm sounding like I'm racist against you AOer's with classic valves but us with 68 valves have a more of a heritage value to their Mags. This is after bar ramblings but post up some Serial #'s if you wish to see who has the lowest number.

Mine: CF07890 Thinking its getting worn down because it doesn't like shooting CO2 as it use to.

Bagheera
12-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey AO.

For those that still have 68 AutoMag A.I.R. Valves (NOT CLASSIC) stamped on the valve. I know its the same as a now classic valve, but are we in a different "group". IMHO with the MOTM a "68 AutoMag" valve is old school compared to classic valves. I know I'm sounding like I'm racist against you AOer's with classic valves but us with 68 valves have a more of a heritage value to their Mags. This is after bar ramblings but post up some Serial #'s if you wish to see who has the lowest number.

Mine: CF07890 Thinking its getting worn down because it doesn't like shooting CO2 as it use to.

CF20687

Automag 68 A.I.R. valve (no classic stamped on side, bought in '92 or '93'.)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/IMAGE_324.jpg

Smoothice
12-08-2007, 03:52 PM
space reserved for when I get home in a few days.

cerrik
12-08-2007, 11:34 PM
mine is CF37931

wetwrks
12-09-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm looking at CF15916 and CF15802.

ljpiller
12-09-2007, 02:29 AM
CF06881

I got it for $50 in near mint condition. The guy I bought it from used it about 5 or so times then put it in its foam case and never used it again. Its an early level 7.

I got pretty lucky, I didn't even know it was such an old one when I went to buy it. I've been playing with it in completely stock fashion including using the VL90 and elbow that came with it. Those VL90s feed amazingly well for a gravity hopper. As for CO2, my rate of fire is somewhat restricted until I get myself an anti-siphon tank made.

It's pretty cool having some of the lesser seen features like the steel triggers, and WGP grip frame.

Smoothice
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
CF15539

And I was told it had a pre level 7 bolt. Like maybe a 6.something .

She has also lost the love for CO2. Used to have no problem with a full 20oz tank in the back bottle position. About a year ago she started freezing up after 2 or 3 shots. Which led me to AO in search of answers. Lots of $$$$$$$$$ later she is sitting in a box waiting to be put in a pump mag.

She will one day see glory on the field again.

snoopay700
12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
CF15539

And I was told it had a pre level 7 bolt. Like maybe a 6.something .

She has also lost the love for CO2. Used to have no problem with a full 20oz tank in the back bottle position. About a year ago she started freezing up after 2 or 3 shots. Which led me to AO in search of answers. Lots of $$$$$$$$$ later she is sitting in a box waiting to be put in a pump mag.

She will one day see glory on the field again.
My 68 Classic, unfortunately, didn't like co2 after i paid too much for it, so now it's running off a strictly HPA diet until i work a better system out (and i want a mag that i can use when i can't get HPA).

Smoothice
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
My 68 Classic, unfortunately, didn't like co2 after i paid too much for it, so now it's running off a strictly HPA diet until i work a better system out (and i want a mag that i can use when i can't get HPA).

LOL. Yeah. I started out forcing her to use co2. I bought an expansion chamber, drop forward, and put an anti siphon tube in my 20oz. She worked like a champ after that.

But by then I was already bitten by the upgrade bug. Next thing I knew I had a dye double trigger. Then a new barrel. Then I decided to pneumag my double trigger.

This was the straw that broke the camels back. With the pneumag I had no choice but to get hpa.

From there it all went down hill. (insert drug addict pitty music) Next thing I knew I was working a deal for a x valve and a ule body. Then I sold my pneuframe to use the money on a GForce pneuframe. Which then lead to a new rail and some more accessories.

From all of these purchases I now have all the necessary pieces to put my trusty 68 Automag back together as she was in her glory days. But this time she will be reincarnated as a pump mag.

Hexis
12-10-2007, 04:01 PM
...but us with 68 valves have a more of a heritage value to their Mags.

Says the guy that has been a member of AO for just over a year. Just cause you got an old valve doesn't mean much.

snoopay700
12-10-2007, 04:02 PM
LOL. Yeah. I started out forcing her to use co2. I bought an expansion chamber, drop forward, and put an anti siphon tube in my 20oz. She worked like a champ after that.

But by then I was already bitten by the upgrade bug. Next thing I knew I had a dye double trigger. Then a new barrel. Then I decided to pneumag my double trigger.

This was the straw that broke the camels back. With the pneumag I had no choice but to get hpa.

From there it all went down hill. (insert drug addict pitty music) Next thing I knew I was working a deal for a x valve and a ule body. Then I sold my pneuframe to use the money on a GForce pneuframe. Which then lead to a new rail and some more accessories.

From all of these purchases I now have all the necessary pieces to put my trusty 68 Automag back together as she was in her glory days. But this time she will be reincarnated as a pump mag.
Yeah, i luckily got my RT with all of the upgrades i wanted at the time, now i want a Pnue-y-grip for my RT. That and a qloader and such.

Smoothice
12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Says the guy that has been a member of AO for just over a year. Just cause you got an old valve doesn't mean much.

I only joined AO a year ago. I purchased my gun when I was 16 which was 12 years ago. Does that mean much to you?

snoopay700
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I only joined AO a year ago. I purchased my gun when I was 16 which was 12 years ago. Does that mean much to you?
It's because he wants to make a separate group for all of the people that have one, and he's assuming that he bought it used rather than getting one when they first came out, but who knows what swampy did.

Bagheera
12-10-2007, 04:27 PM

I joined AO a few weeks ago. However, I bought my mag brand new in 1992 or 1993, and still have it unchanged since then. Does that mean much? :headbang:

Chris_automag_07
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM
heh...ramen noodles used to have an air valve...it was like serial # 0001253 ...it was low. that thing shot like a charm.

dyeforever
12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
i been wonder how old my 68 mag is. heres the serial number: CF37795

magman86
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I bought mine from my field as one of their old rentals for $85 and a flatline for an extra $15, all it needed was a little bit of paint cleaned out of it and it works great!
CF22953

Bear_Claw
12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Mines a newish one i guess CF58385

athomas
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I can't remember the last 2 digits on mine, but it is CF088** . It was laser engraved as 68 Automag. I purchased it new in 1993 and I always liked having something a bit different (old school), so I am never selling this valve. Its part of my paintball history.

Jaan
12-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I submit mine for the coolest number (so far) CF 32323

I bought her new around 1995, possibly 1994 for those wondering about dates.

FoxHound
12-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I had this automag for awhile but havent really used it in a long time cause I have no air. but I just seen this site thought I'd chime in. CF 38665 I used to play paintball for awhile but I havent played in about 2+ years. It has a 12inch dye excel barrel.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/krist10/DSCN0677.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/krist10/DSCN0675.jpg

joelbird
12-13-2007, 08:12 PM
my first mag was bought used back in 1996. I never thought about the difference between the classic and the 68 automag. My number which is hard to read from years of actual use is CF 02597. i guess that makes it kinda old? i still use is as much as my x-valve mag too.

Smoothice
12-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I had this automag for awhile but havent really used it in a long time cause I have no air. but I just seen this site thought I'd chime in. CF 38665 I used to play paintball for awhile but I havent played in about 2+ years. It has a 12inch dye excel barrel.

Welcome :cheers:

FoxHound
12-13-2007, 08:16 PM
thanks

Smoothice
12-13-2007, 08:18 PM
thanks

Where are you located? I'm sure there are some fellow AO'ers nearby you that would be happy to give you a reason to dust off that Mag :shooting:

FoxHound
12-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Where are you located? I'm sure there are some fellow AO'ers nearby you that would be happy to give you a reason to dust off that Mag :shooting:

SW Florida.

Is the trigger on this my automag a responsive trigger I have a tipmann custom 98 with one on it and it looks the same alomost. the metal bolt behind the trigger does slide back about a 1/8 of an inch.

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 08:45 PM
SW Florida.

Is the trigger on this my automag a responsive trigger I have a tipmann custom 98 with one on it and it looks the same alomost. the metal bolt behind the trigger does slide back about a 1/8 of an inch.
Yikes, i guess you don't know much about mags, that's what trips the sear releasing the bolt and it also cuts off the air to the dump chamber. If you had an X-Valve or some other kind of RT valve, then yes it would.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/amanum.gif that'll give you a hint as to how they work, and what that rod does.

Anyway, welcome to the boards, and i love your name (unless it isn't a reference to the franchise that i love) and i also have that same barrel condom as you.

Wait, no, nevermind, mine has a bit more canvas on the front for strength, but either way i got it for free from a friend so i can't complain.

FoxHound
12-13-2007, 09:07 PM
thanks for the info, no i dont know anything about automags unfortunately. But my name is in reference to Metal Gear Solid. Been playing that game since It was out on Gameboy color and PS1 hehe

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
thanks for the info, no i dont know anything about automags unfortunately. But my name is in reference to Metal Gear Solid. Been playing that game since It was out on Gameboy color and PS1 hehe
That's what i figured, it seems like that and rally racing games are all i ever want to play anymore. I tried playing the original metal gear on nintendo but couldn't figure it out

[/threadjack]

Anyway, i hope that that diagram can help you figure out how mags work a little better, i think that exact animation is how i learned at first.

Dewok82
12-13-2007, 09:34 PM
CF00148

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/Number148.jpg

What do I win?

Smoothice
12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
:dance:

Enjoy! :rofl:

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 09:54 PM
You only win if tom doesn't post.