PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Upgrades (HELP)

isquasum
12-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I have had my minimag for a few years now and have recently had a lot of problems with chopping. It has an intelliframe, powerfeed right body and I am using an empire reloader(adgitated, not force fed). I thought about getting a level 10 to stop the chopping but i'm not sure if it's worth the money (about $70).

I've been thinking about upgradeing to a better valve (with the lvl 10) or just buying another mag.

If i go with a new valve i'm looking at the X, RT Pro, or E-mag valves. The problem is that i am very confused about the differences in these valves.
I know the x-valve is lighter (aluminum), it comes with a lvl 10, it will accept the ULT, and it should drop into my miniag with no problem.
The RT-pro and E-mag valves are confusing me though. What are they made out of (all steel, or %50 Al & %50 steel.), what are the differences, will they accept the ULT, what is the quad o-ring and should i be conserned with it if the valve is going into a minimag. Also should the on/off pin length be any concern?

If i go with a new mag i will likely be after a tac one or black ULE verticle feed body. (or mabey a left power feed minimag body). I'll want the x-valve (if i go new), and am considering the ULT (is the ULT worth it??).

Any information on these topics or feedback on what you have been satisfied or unsatisfied with would be greatly apreaciated. Thanks in advance

I'm having problems posting a pic. but i'll try to get one up soon

rickroda4
12-08-2007, 08:21 PM
right now your choices are about, how big is your wallet?

-X valve / 100% Al = $175 and up.

-Rt Pro / 50% Al--50% SS = $85 and up

-E--not to sure

Then I would just send it to the boys in IL. to fine tune that baby and give you any alternatives.

Used Upped mag you might be able to score it for $250 and up. You could get lucky and find one for cheaper, but you'll have to jump on it fast.

also not to sure about the triggers. hope this helps..

peace

Coralis
12-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Try changing your ball detents and practice your trigger pulls, believe or not a lot of chopping issues are caused by short stroking the trigger .... I didnt believe it either until I put a hyperframe on my mag and all chopping issues disappeared even though I was shooting a higher rof

isquasum
12-09-2007, 12:25 AM
My biggest concern is getting it right the first time. I am looking to stay under $350 if i go new.

I didn't know you could short stroke a mag. How does that work? I know if you don't fully let off the trigger it may not recharge (i assume that's what you are talking about), but how would that lead to chopping?