PDA

View Full Version : Halo hopper for tac

lidocaine
12-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello all,

Im in need of a few things hopper included and need some information.

What is the difference between the very basic 86 dollar halo hopper and the 95 dollar halo with rip drive and then the 108 dollar hopper with rip drive and victory board? is it all just a speed difference? if so im positive 22 balls per second basic halo will suit my needs more than fine.

Not interested in the front or backman line of halo hopper either.

Thank you very much,Lido

Chronobreak
12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
i may miss a feature or two so bear with me

regular halo
- 23 bps board

halo w rip
-23 bps board with rip drive(manual feed incase of jam or low battery)

halo with victory board
-17-34 bps board
-rip drive
-magnetic hopper lid

lidocaine
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
so if you were to buy a hopper would you get either a regular halo or a halo with rip for the extra 10 bucks for the manual feed capabilities.

Theres no way I need anything faster then 22bps so the victory board gizmo is a no go, unless the magnetic lid is worth an extra 20 dollars on top of the regular halos price tag?

spwz99
12-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I have had my hopper jam up during a tournament, and although it didnt cost us the game, it would have definitely been worth the 10 bucks to not have been just dead weight that game.

maniacmechanic
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I like the V board ( I shoot EMags) , but i don't like the magnetic lid , yes they open easy , too easy ; crawling through the palmettos something goes clic , ah its my hopper lid , hey whys my paint on the ground :mad:

snoopay700
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Well according to zak vetter a halo b can get 23 bps but that's about it's top, with a victory board it can get up to 34 bps but you'll break a lot of balls, with a Viking with eyes it couldn't get above 23 bps, and with an emag with a level 10 it got 29 but kept stopping because of the level 10, that was the highest that it got, but it had a lot of misfeeds.

However, this is still irrelevant, as no one can walk faster than 15 bps, and many average around 12 i believe (i think the peak that i've gotten is 13, although that wasn't on an actual gun, long story). So basically, yes, all you'll need is the normal one, the rip drive makes it easier if you run into problems, but it's not necessarily needed.

Chronobreak
12-09-2007, 08:25 PM
so if you were to buy a hopper would you get either a regular halo or a halo with rip for the extra 10 bucks for the manual feed capabilities.

Theres no way I need anything faster then 22bps so the victory board gizmo is a no go, unless the magnetic lid is worth an extra 20 dollars on top of the regular halos price tag?

i would get the new Magna from empire with rip, which is what i did...

but for you, get the halo w rip

magnetic lids to make a huge difference when closing them and opening lids quickly, but its personal preferance

B-Pow
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Get the halo with rip, I got one I've used it on an E-mag, Ion, and a pump cocker (for laughs) feeds faster than any field will allow so you won't have missfeeds. And if you happen to have crap paint or low batteries (when halos say low battery you have like 2 minutes to get fresh ones...they die fast when they die but I get like 6-8 outings on a set of duracells).

If you have problems like bad paint or low batteries you'll be kicking yourself for not spending the ~$10 for not getting the rip drive and just end up installing it later.

In all honesty I don't get the newer hoppers...when will you ever need 20-40 bps drop/on gun rates...the halo is still much more than most/all players need (especially since the paint flinging tournies are capped below the stock halo's feed rate anyway). Why fix/redesign it for speed when it was faster then nessary to begin with.

The only one I understand is the new one comming out by NXe (the JRNY) I've seen the vids and cleaning is a lot easier...for that alone I'm going to watch it's progress and success rate when it releases. That hopper actaully has useful features like quick cleaning (rumored at a full clean without tools in like 2 minutes...you can do that between games even). But I'll let time tell me how it fares since the shell looks weak, the look dosn't appeal to me, and the drive train (pushes balls with a corkscrew) is completely new and needs to be tested by real players in the field.

Spider-TW
12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I vote for the rip drive as well. I'm getting used to the magnetic lids; I dumped two or three times in the last year. Some loaders can take extra magnets for a tighter lid.

snoopay700
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Get the halo with rip, I got one I've used it on an E-mag, Ion, and a pump cocker (for laughs) feeds faster than any field will allow so you won't have missfeeds. And if you happen to have crap paint or low batteries (when halos say low battery you have like 2 minutes to get fresh ones...they die fast when they die but I get like 6-8 outings on a set of duracells).

If you have problems like bad paint or low batteries you'll be kicking yourself for not spending the ~$10 for not getting the rip drive and just end up installing it later.

In all honesty I don't get the newer hoppers...when will you ever need 20-40 bps drop/on gun rates...the halo is still much more than most/all players need (especially since the paint flinging tournies are capped below the stock halo's feed rate anyway). Why fix/redesign it for speed when it was faster then nessary to begin with.

The only one I understand is the new one comming out by NXe (the JRNY) I've seen the vids and cleaning is a lot easier...for that alone I'm going to watch it's progress and success rate when it releases. That hopper actaully has useful features like quick cleaning (rumored at a full clean without tools in like 2 minutes...you can do that between games even). But I'll let time tell me how it fares since the shell looks weak, the look dosn't appeal to me, and the drive train (pushes balls with a corkscrew) is completely new and needs to be tested by real players in the field.
That actually looks like a really intelligent design, too bad the guys in the infomercial that show you how to take it apart can't quite figure it out (he had trouble putting it back together). I probably wouldn't buy a journey, but i still think it has potential.

Pudgey51
12-10-2007, 11:57 PM
correct me if im wrong but isnt the victory board sound activated and tuneable to the sound level of ur gun and the basic halo and halo w/ rip use eyes?

ThePixelGuru
12-11-2007, 01:10 AM
correct me if im wrong but isnt the victory board sound activated and tuneable to the sound level of ur gun and the basic halo and halo w/ rip use eyes?
The Halo has eyes while Reloaders are sound activated. I don't think that changes regardless of which board you put in 'em.

ProblemKinder
12-11-2007, 03:25 PM
too bad they don't make reloader II anymore. i picked mine up at NPPL in san diego last year for 20 bucks.

i personally love the magnetic lid on mine so i recommend it. only problem is sometimes the magnets come out, but usually they are attached to the other magnet so you can just superglue it back in =D

maybe halo's magnetic lid will be better quality than mine.

maddboy32
12-12-2007, 02:15 PM
my two cents on the boards are......
yes your gun will most likely stay in pace with the stock 23bps board......................

............until it starts to get low on batteries.

i went with the victory board, that way when my battery life started to fade it still feeds the paint at a relatively quick speed.

lids--- to me i don't mind the snap lid. the 1.3 seconds it takes to open it has never got me shot in a game.