PDA

View Full Version : help with a different cocker question please

pablo4429
12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
ok so i am "shaping" my 2003 stock cocker body and i wanna know if i can use one of the two air holes for a screw. i want to do this because the "wings" of the female regulator acceptor arent close enough to the body to prevent it from spinning. will only one hole be enough flow for a sniper which i dont plan to convert to semi?
thanks

DevilMan
12-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Are you talking about air holes on the HPR attached to the vertical ASA???

If so you need to make sure that the hole you plan on using is NOT the air flow hole. I'm pretty sure that one side is for a gauge and the other side is for the air flow from the regulated air.

I could be wrong but you can check by looking into the hole to see if you can see some regulator workings or if there is just a small bleed hole drilled into it.

Hope it helps...

DM

pablo4429
12-09-2007, 10:49 PM
im talking about the hole from the vertical asa into the body, there is one threded in the middle to hold it on and two unthreaded in front and back of the center hole to let air into the body, im talking about using one of those for a screw

DevilMan
12-09-2007, 10:54 PM
oh those 2.... I can't imagine needing both.... They just allow a higher flow rate.... I think you would be fine with blocking one off....

but I'm no expert...

DM

pablo4429
12-09-2007, 11:16 PM
ya thats what it was thinking, and its going to be a pump so i should be all good

DevilMan
12-09-2007, 11:23 PM
yeah if you outflow a pump then you have some serious air issues...

So I'd say you were GTG.... and it don't look like too many other folks are gonna chime in...

So best of luck to ya...

DM

Bartman
12-09-2007, 11:35 PM
If you need to block one off, you can always make the lock down bolt a gase through.

if you think you need more air that is.

Bartman

trevorjk
12-09-2007, 11:39 PM
If you need to block one off, you can always make the lock down bolt a gase through.

if you think you need more air that is.

Bartman

thats what i was gonna say. the normal hole for the screw would then become an air passage.

the only problem i potentially forsee is that the oring ontop of the asa might not properly seal the connection sinced you are moving the air holes off by the 1/8 inch or what ever it is

pablo4429
12-10-2007, 12:28 AM
yea i was thinking about that but since the second screw is only to keep the vert asa from spinning i think it should work and not tweak the o ring

trevorjk
12-10-2007, 01:22 AM
yea i was thinking about that but since the second screw is only to keep the vert asa from spinning i think it should work and not tweak the o ring

well i meant that the oring might seal the hole going into the valve, causing a leak.

pablo4429
12-10-2007, 01:29 AM
well ill be using both the new screw and the one meant to hold it on (the one that came with the gun)