PDA

View Full Version : Cutting way back on the sport.....

Warwitch
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, its been a long time coming. With a wedding just around the corner and my career consuming more and more of my time, Im going to have to take a step back from paintball. Ive had to do a lot of soul searching lately and I can no longer justify the time (and money) that my hobby is consuming. My one and only focus right now is a happy home. Im not saying that Im giving up the sport completely. Heaven forbid! But the time I spend hunting deals and chatting is really time better spent with my family to be. Yeah, I know, selling out and settling down. Shameful right? Well, not anymore. Not for me anyways. I will certainly remain passionate for the sport. But I can only have room for one love.

So its not goodbye. I will still be lurking from time to time.

Its been great doing business here on AO. I will be posting up lots of high end goodies for sale over the next week. Emags, tanks, regs, tourney clothes and a horde of other stuff. :ninja:

Hexis
12-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Shameful right?

Not even a little.

rawbutter
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Shameful right?Not even a little.

Agreed. A paintball gun is a wonderful thing, but it's no where near what a family can do. There have been many times that I've given up a Saturday morning game in order to spend time with my wife, and I've never regretted it.

I'm glad you have your priorities in line. :hail: We'll be seeing you around!

Spider-TW
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
What? No more picture battle? :D

Keep the good stuff if you can. You'll probably get the chance to play.

I did have to wait for my son to say that he wanted to play. Then it became "Sorry dear, we have to go to a scenario next weekend." :)

CKY_Alliance
12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm only having to cut back on playing due to school and it's killing me...

Good luck with that.

KKPASA
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Paintball is like sex, you can never quit doing it. It's just a longer wait time in between the times you play. We'll see you soon.

Warwitch
12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the support guys. Believe me, it hasnt been an easy thing to accept!

maniacmechanic
12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Well it just seems like you might need a little balance , thats just the way it works , some of us tend to be obsessive about things ( me included)
work , family , play all are big parts of our live's yet sometimes we spend excessive time on one & not the other , i'll miss you around , here but i'm sure i'll see you lurkin

punkncat
12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Good reason to cut back, but I sure hate to see a good guy like you leaving the sport. Lol, I hardly know you, but your presence here has been good, and its not anyone that would just loan out nearly $100 of equipment to a person he doesn't know.... :cool:

Warwitch
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Good reason to cut back, but I sure hate to see a good guy like you leaving the sport. Lol, I hardly know you, but your presence here has been good, and its not anyone that would just loan out nearly $100 of equipment to a person he doesn't know.... :cool:

Hey always glad to help. You got that prosthetic yet? Carbon Kevlar or what?! :ninja:

punkncat
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey always glad to help. You got that prosthetic yet? Carbon Kevlar or what?! :ninja:

I am HOPING to have it Wed. It will be my first, a trainer, but if the ins. co went for it, I may already get the variflex foot. Its got five way motion including arch spring.
:dance:

Warwitch
12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Hell yeah, Im all about the 5 way action! :p Well, I used to be anyways..... Good to hear it though. Post up on some pics of that bad boy!

punkncat
12-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Hell yeah, Im all about the 5 way action! :p

Chick-a chick-a bow bow.....
and what man isn't?

lather
12-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Dont know you personally Warwitch but from what I see/read of you on AO seems the sport is losing one of the good ones. Anyways good luck to you--hope you are able to play at least occasionally!

trevorjk
12-11-2007, 12:47 AM
PFT! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE US!

:p

d4m4don3
12-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey everyone has to take a step back and look at how there life is going and prioritize. Paintball's slowly moving into the backburner for me since I started a new job. I no longer oooh and ahhh over the latest and greatest as if it was the next greatest thing. Heck my pump gets more play than my semi's because I can make a cheaper day out of it. If I didn't have my pump I may have walked away 11 months ago.

PumpMag
12-11-2007, 04:10 AM
I left the sport for a couple years and I eventually came back. So will you.

Now, these days I play too much. Before I'd squeeze in a game once per month. Now, I have to check my schedule each weekend. In a world of electros, you can blame Pump paintball for making me realize why I enjoy this sport so much. And pump really makes this addiction affordable.

Warwitch
12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I doubt I will ever completey leave the sport. When I get too feeble to walk I will turn my Lark into a tank for scenario play! :shooting:

Spider-TW
12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I occasionally get to play with a guy in his fifties called Runnin' Man. He showed up to a scenario on crutches. Fortunately he is better now. Even when he was staggering out of the woods, you didn't turn your back on him for fear if being painted.

punkncat
12-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I doubt I will ever completey leave the sport. When I get too feeble to walk I will turn my Lark into a tank for scenario play! :shooting:

I have given serious consideration to doing this with a motorized wheelchair I am using.
The best one I have seen was made with a segway.

NU_METAL
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
i will talk to you about this more on friday but,..
i support any decision you make cause you did the same for me on A.O.
and in person . no one knows whats best for the Witch but you :ninja:
do i get brownie points now on the E-tac :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol
i had to sneak that in there :rofl:

Warwitch
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
i will talk to you about this more on friday but,..
i support any decision you make cause you did the same for me on A.O.
and in person . no one knows whats best for the Witch but you :ninja:
do i get brownie points now on the E-tac :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol
i had to sneak that in there :rofl:

Lol, I had to appease Hank with dibs since he didnt get in on the Euro X. You can definitely get some trigger time this weekend though. :cheers:

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Why, why, why couldn't you have done this when i had more money to buy one of those E-Mags?

Anyway, i agree with Hexis, it's not shameful in the least, family is much more important. And when you have little ones running around be sure they grow up breathing paintball so you can go play together when they're of age.

And if one of them happens to buy smart parts, disown em ;) .

warpig13
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I occasionally get to play with a guy in his fifties called Runnin' Man. He showed up to a scenario on crutches. Fortunately he is better now. Even when he was staggering out of the woods, you didn't turn your back on him for fear if being painted.

Runnin Man is a cool cat, bro.

Spider-TW
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Runnin Man is a cool cat, bro.
Yeah, he knows how to have fun regardless of conditions. He and a few others like Buddah (Mel) are always good to have on the field. They show you how to have fun even when you only get to play once in a while.