PDA

View Full Version : What did I just win on Ebay?....

insixdays777
12-10-2007, 08:10 PM
LINK HERE! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=250194761264&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI)

Euro high rise powerfeed classic? bad picture angle standard feed/powerfeed? It has metal grip frame? Super steal for a RARE mag body? box o parts I paid WAYYY to much for?

What is it? what do yall think?

I guess I will find out in about a week! :)

jade_monkey07
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
LINK HERE! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=250194761264&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI)

Euro high rise powerfeed classic? bad picture angle standard feed/powerfeed? It has metal grip frame? Super steal for a RARE mag body? box o parts I paid WAYYY to much for?

What is it? what do yall think?

I guess I will find out in about a week! :)

not sure exactly what the body was but for that price you got a good deal

warbeak2099
12-10-2007, 08:33 PM
OMG it has a Hurricane valve so cool.

snoopay700
12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
It looks like you're got a high rise body on your hands, that or he found a way to make it look like such in the pictures.

Also, you've got an original Crown Point barrel!!!!!! :eek:
You should totally send me that, i love cps and would love an original. I'm willing to compensate with another barrel, and i am dead serious about this (mainly because i don't have money). I want to make sure it's in good shape first, but it looks like it is.

cougar20th
12-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Below is some infor on the body from when agd was selling them a few years back. I have 2 The first I bought from agd the 2nd I bought on here for aproxx 75$. They have the pump slot in them.

-----------------------------------------
High Rise Power Feed Mainbody

Now here is a SUPER RARE collectible! Didn't even know we had these until we cut open the box. In 1996 when we introduced the RT it originally came with with a High Rise Power Feed that John Sosta came up with in England. The advantage was that you could see down the top of the gun. It turns out that we got a lot of reports about ball breakage that was attributed to the design, so we recalled them all. Now we know the problem was most likely caused by the bad curve in the original power feed plug and we give you the new Parabolic Feed Plug with this body.

The box they were in was marked SOSTA so the best we can figure is that we made these up for him to sell aftermarket but the idea crashed so they ended up in the attic. Now they are back for your collecting pleasure!!

Features include:

-Cut out for PUMP HANDLE! They have the pump rod slot already in them.

-Automag/Classic body - HOPPER LEFT ONLY!

-Sold with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NO PROMISES, AS IS AS SHOWN (no extra charge)

We have about 40 so I estimate they will last a couple weeks.

insixdays777
12-11-2007, 05:27 PM
THANKS for all the insight!!! I will post pics once received! any other info would be GREAT! :) THANKS!

doc_Zox
12-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Here is that type of feed from the right:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/715/DSCF00102.JPG

Chris_automag_07
12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
yeah...its a high rise powerfeed...puts the hopper over the center and makes sighting down the barrel easy. but this type of power feed didnt work as well as the regular. You must have a fast enough loader to keep two balls in the feed at all times otherwise the ball will bobble up just lke it did on standard feed mags(which causes the ball to get about half way into the breech before the bolt closes, and we all know where it goes from there with a level 7), otherwise its great. the reason this is rare is because AGD discontinued them for the reason listed above...and im sure for other reasons...sweet mag. :cheers: wasnt this called the Euro-feed for a while....b/c of its origin....silly Europeans.

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
yeah...its a high rise powerfeed...puts the hopper over the center and makes sighting down the barrel easy. but this type of power feed didnt work as well as the regular. You must have a fast enough loader to keep two balls in the feed at all times otherwise the ball will bobble up just lke it did on standard feed mags, otherwise its great. the reason this is rare is because AGD discontinued them for the reason listed above...and im sure for other reasons...sweet mag. :cheers: wasnt this called the Euro-feed for a while....b/c of its origin....silly Europeans.
Well according to what i read a while back (but i could be wrong) the issue was that they weren't cut right in the US, and by the time they fixed it it already had a bad rep over here, where as Europe got the new ones that were cut right and they kept using that body over there, but like i said i could be wrong.

cougar20th
12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Now here is a SUPER RARE collectible! Didn't even know we had these until we cut open the box. In 1996 when we introduced the RT it originally came with with a High Rise Power Feed that John Sosta came up with in England. The advantage was that you could see down the top of the gun. It turns out that we got a lot of reports about ball breakage that was attributed to the design, so we recalled them all. Now we know the problem was most likely caused by the bad curve in the original power feed plug and we give you the new Parabolic Feed Plug with this body

straight from AGD when I bought my body from them. But the damage to the reputation of the body was already done. And still exists

Ive never had a issue with this or my euro RT with breaking of misfeeding.

Chris_automag_07
12-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Well according to what i read a while back (but i could be wrong) the issue was that they weren't cut right in the US, and by the time they fixed it it already had a bad rep over here, where as Europe got the new ones that were cut right and they kept using that body over there, but like i said i could be wrong.

from everything that i have read, heard, and believed(obviously) it is a european design but i could be mistaken, but from what i heard that Euro's thought it was great, but once us trigger happy Americans got a hold of one it "wasn't fast enough" ...i believe it was tested for over a year in England at AGD ...but then again...i can only think of one or two people who could verify. i.e. TK...or Tom Vale maybe....ask them.

insixdays777
12-13-2007, 08:38 AM
THanks! it might be here TODAY!!!:):):):)

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 04:24 PM
from everything that i have read, heard, and believed(obviously) it is a european design but i could be mistaken, but from what i heard that Euro's thought it was great, but once us trigger happy Americans got a hold of one it "wasn't fast enough" ...i believe it was tested for over a year in England at AGD ...but then again...i can only think of one or two people who could verify. i.e. TK...or Tom Vale maybe....ask them.
Ah, i'm just trying to remember where i read that, like they found the problem and before they shipped the retail guns out to Europe they had it fixed i think (though it is a Euro design) but by the time they had it fixed since we got it first we had already labeled it as bad. I don't really care, i like the lower profile on my RT and the fact that it's flat black.

Sixdays, when you get it you should let me know if that is a crown point, i'm crazy about them.

insixdays777
12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
UPDATE:

Received my 120.00 Automag Ebay steal:

High Rise/Euro Classic body ( yes, it is pump milled), Appears to be Original Euro body as it has the NON Parabolic feed plug.
AM/MM Rail with back bottle holes
Sear is new, sear pin is early gen.
Hurricane Labs Valve half.
Valve appear to be early lvl6, has spring power tube spacer, early gen on/off top
Grip frame is carbon fiber, again early gen, rounded trigger frame.
ACI Venturi and Stock bolt

Barrel is NOT a crown point, is stock with milled 1 inch bars at the top, quality mill job is this AGD factory??

18 Dye Boomstick, LNIB
10 Taso SS
10 inch stock old school autococker barrel

ACI coil remote
Gas thru adjustible stock

AM/MM parts kit
PMI 48/3000 tank

WHAT A DEAL :)

I will post pics on Sunday( I will have my new digi camera by then)

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Barrel is NOT a crown point, is stock with milled 1 inch bars at the top, quality mill job is this AGD factory??

Dang, oh well, i'll have to make due i suppose.

zondo
04-09-2008, 07:48 AM
What is the deal with the Hurricane valve? Just rare?

insixdays777
04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
What is the deal with the Hurricane valve? Just rare?

Yeah is somewhat rare. Not as rear as the body. It is an all aluminum rear reg for the automag, It is much lighter that the stock stainless steel one, It is also ported around the reg seat like many other after market mag regs. Great way to shave a little weight off of the automag.

vmaxnick
04-09-2008, 03:07 PM
yeah...its a high rise powerfeed...puts the hopper over the center and makes sighting down the barrel easy. but this type of power feed didnt work as well as the regular. You must have a fast enough loader to keep two balls in the feed at all times otherwise the ball will bobble up just lke it did on standard feed mags(which causes the ball to get about half way into the breech before the bolt closes, and we all know where it goes from there with a level 7), otherwise its great. the reason this is rare is because AGD discontinued them for the reason listed above...and im sure for other reasons...sweet mag. :cheers: wasnt this called the Euro-feed for a while....b/c of its origin....silly Europeans.
I don't want to hijack this thread but I have the same powerfeed tube on my RT body and the non parabolic feed plug and I break paint like I hate the stuff.
Have I just found the problem? (No I don't have level 10 I have been advised that with this much breakage I need to fix something first!)
Nick (UK)