PDA

View Full Version : Vote on the Superbolt

Hysperion
01-14-2002, 09:19 AM
OK guys what would we rather have?

FooTemps
01-14-2002, 09:26 AM
I'd rather find tom fixing the delrin bolts. Delrin is cheaper and lighter than titantium and aluminum so that means there'd be less kick.

HEY! THIS POSTS ACTUALLY HAS SOME MEAT IN IT! TO ALL YOU JERKS WHO SAY I FLOOD THE FORUMS JUST FOR POSTS: READ THIS!

Hysperion
01-14-2002, 10:00 AM
I would personally like the titanium because I think it is excellent for strength to weight. I figure it would cost a little more and that's why I put down $80 but actually I don't even know what the normal stainless bolt costs so maybe $80 is way too cheap? Either way, I'd pay a fair penny for a quality Titanium bolt. Maybe a titanium delrin hybrid? OOOOOOOooo

Thordic
01-14-2002, 10:39 AM
Titanium is a bad idea. It has a high tensile strength (it resists torque well) but its impact strength is lower than steel (Its rather brittle).

its like a diamond. It'll cut through anything, but you can still shatter it with a hammer.

A titanium bolt would crack/fall apart from the constant impacts.

animal
01-14-2002, 11:58 AM
I'll stick with my tried and true stainless thank you :)

Besides, the bit of punch back can actually make my finger bounce better on the e-trig. I'm not a big fan of the hybrid. It's not like there's that much kick from it anyway. This is aside from the fact that it will last longer as well.

damageinc54
01-14-2002, 12:35 PM
Stick with what works. Use the tried and true SS bolt.

toymyster
01-14-2002, 01:32 PM
Also, Delrin(or other composites) will not damage aluminum, as in Extreme and SFL bodies!!! And as Thordis mentioned, Titanium is too brittle for the impact force the bolts need to handle!!

BradPalooza
01-14-2002, 01:38 PM
I'd like a Delrin bolt. I've fired an SFL with one and the recoil is noticably less.

Hysperion
01-14-2002, 02:05 PM
I own an sfl with one and I don't notice a major difference in recoil between it and my rt pro. I never noticed recoil much. I notice the change in weight of the gun overall....

nutz
01-14-2002, 02:20 PM
I think each option has its pluses and minuses

1. Titanium, would be a great idea but would cost AGD a munch more and not many people would spend 80 dollars on a new bolt if it didnt really do much for their performance

2. Aluminum, great solution but again AGD would not sell very many because the performance would not vary too much from the normal bolt.

3. Fix Delrin, probably the best solution in my opinion because not much money would have to be spent to fix it, only Tom's time would be used... If Super Bolts actually make the performance of the gun that much better it would definitly be the best option but i dont know because i do no own one.

4. Stainless Steel, Easy way out... In my opinion not Tom's style of doing things

:D My 2 cents

PRO_Ski101
01-14-2002, 04:21 PM
why is it that the original SB are still on sell at the AGD online store?

Manuel_FZR
01-14-2002, 04:32 PM
I would like to see the delrin bolt ... or another superlight one! The less recoil is a good thing!

Tony Arrivo
01-15-2002, 09:42 PM
But wouldn't having less recoil affect soembody that had a warp feed, or would it still be enough to trigger the warp?

Gunga
01-15-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tony Arrivo
But wouldn't having less recoil affect soembody that had a warp feed, or would it still be enough to trigger the warp?

Nope. My Warp on vibration sensor works just fine with the superbolt. It's just a matter of adjusting the sensitivity of the vibration sensor.

Tony Arrivo
01-16-2002, 07:19 AM
Alright, thanks :)