PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old kills a bear with his own hands!

trevorjk
12-12-2007, 12:22 AM
well and a gun... but damn 5yrs old???

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/12/11/katv.5yearold.kills.bear.katv

DevilMan
12-12-2007, 12:37 AM
GOOD ON HIM!!!!!

Way to go kid!!!!

:D

nuttin to it but to do it!!!!

I shot lots of things but was 7 or 8 before I got my first deer...

DM

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I really don't see the point of hunting unless you stalk the animal and use a bow or something, otherwise it's just wait and shoot what you see. I really don't have the desire to hunt, but if it was for survival that would be something different.

My form of hunting is paintball, only the game shoots back, much more sporting i would say.

jade_monkey07
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I really don't see the point of hunting unless you stalk the animal and use a bow or something, otherwise it's just wait and shoot what you see. I really don't have the desire to hunt, but if it was for survival that would be something different.

My form of hunting is paintball, only the game shoots back, much more sporting i would say.

I second that

Target Practice
12-12-2007, 04:14 PM

I second that

laffo

Lohman446
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM

Wait.. so you oppose hunting with a rifle because I assume you are going to say something about lack of skill. Of course, you have never done it, so your judgement that it takes a lack of skill is flawed.

A bow is ok though... because a spear wouldn't work. Hey, I bet my early early ancestors had to take down animals with bare hands - that would be sporting...

That argument is flawed from nearly every angle one considers it.

geekwarrior
12-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Wait.. so you oppose hunting with a rifle because I assume you are going to say something about lack of skill. Of course, you have never done it, so your judgement that it takes a lack of skill is flawed.

A bow is ok though... because a spear wouldn't work. Hey, I bet my early early ancestors had to take down animals with bare hands - that would be sporting...

welcome back. warya been?

devildog
12-12-2007, 08:09 PM

who cares about sport? you hunt for food, not just to kill something. idiot.

behemoth
12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
When bears see me, they die out of pure jealousy of my might.

now thats sporting.

devildog
12-12-2007, 08:34 PM
i hope i never see you

Lohman446
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
welcome back. warya been?

Its a long story still playing out. It involves an engagement and what appears might not be anymore.

Apparently noone can put up with me for too long. I'm good at being me, and happy with me. Its just other people that can't seem to grasp the concept.

Target Practice
12-12-2007, 08:37 PM
i hope i never see you

accurate custom titles itt

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 09:03 PM

I never said anything about skill, i just hear about people who hunt for sport, and i don't see how sitting in a tree and waiting for something to come by is fun or sporting, actually being involved is something entirely different. I was just saying hunting isn't for me, and i would rather play paintball because that's more something that i like, i don't like sitting around and waiting, that's why i also don't care for fishing. I also don't have a desire to kill something unless i need to.

And devildog, i don't really see why you felt the need to call me an idiot, as most people who hunt don't do it just to eat, as they have other sources of food. From talking to people who hunt and reading magazines about this people do do it for other reasons than to simply get food, as hunting is no longer a necessity.

I love how i'm not the only one who said that in this thread but i am the only one that got jumped on for my opinion :rolleyes:

Lohman446
12-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I never said anything about skill, i just hear about people who hunt for sport, and i don't see how sitting in a tree and waiting for something to come by is fun or sporting, actually being involved is something entirely different. I was just saying hunting isn't for me, and i would rather play paintball because that's more something that i like, i don't like sitting around and waiting, that's why i also don't care for fishing. I also don't have a desire to kill something unless i need to.

Ever hunted? Don't make judgements, its not just sitting in a tree waiting for something to come along. I haven't hunted in years, I don't have the time to devote to it to be successful.

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Ever hunted? Don't make judgements, its not just sitting in a tree waiting for something to come along. I haven't hunted in years, I don't have the time to devote to it to be successful.
No, i've never hunted, and if you read my post i'm not making judgments, i'm just simply stating my opinion, i would not find hunting fun, i don't think i would have fun waiting for a kill (this is the kind of hunting i am talking about, as it seems to be the most popular from the people i've talked to), and i don't think i would have fun killing something. I am only saying that i don't think i would like it

devildog
12-12-2007, 11:36 PM
edit........Thats uncalled for.

maxama10
12-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I heard this on the radio this morning. Apparently hunter are up in arms, even pitted against each other. Some mad that they shot the bear from the stand, others upset that the some are mad; if you follow. Now, if I saw a bear I most certainly wouldn't get down from my stand and try to give it a fair hunt. I think the best thing they could have done would have to been to try to scare it off and then if it came at them, shoot it. All the same. You would have peed your pants.
idiot :tard:

maxama10
12-13-2007, 12:42 AM
btw devildog feel free to go join these yuppies

http://www.care2.com/news/member/521930537/567945

:rofl:

talk about ignorant *insert derogatory term*...

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Edit...... Thats uncalled for.
Ok, i'm an idiot because i disagree with your opinion, that makes perfect sense :tard:

As for the bear situation, no doubt i would have done the same thing, or at least i wouldn't have gotten down, i was talking a tad smaller game...

kosmo
12-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Hunting deer from a stand with a rifle is stupid. Its not sporting. And it does not take any respectable skill to do. These are not my opinions. These are facts.

Sitting in some weeds and shooting ducks with a shotgun is stupid. It is not sporting. It takes more skill than shooting a deer from a stand. It is still stupid. These are more facts.

Building a replica civil war cannon and filling it with half inch steel bearings and blasting a deer when it walks in front of the cannon is not stupid. It is awesome. This fact cannot be denied.

billybob_81067
12-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Building a replica civil war cannon and filling it with half inch steel bearings and blasting a deer when it walks in front of the cannon is not stupid. It is awesome. This fact cannot be denied.

Lol you've seen that webiste too???

:D

devildog
12-13-2007, 12:37 PM
btw devildog feel free to go join these yuppies

http://www.care2.com/news/member/521930537/567945

:rofl:

talk about ignorant *insert derogatory term*...

Why would I join them? I love killing animals. You can join the other one with my previous comment.

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Hunting deer from a stand with a rifle is stupid. Its not sporting. And it does not take any respectable skill to do. These are not my opinions. These are facts.

Sitting in some weeds and shooting ducks with a shotgun is stupid. It is not sporting. It takes more skill than shooting a deer from a stand. It is still stupid. These are more facts.

That last one made me laugh, even if i think it would look pretty nasty.

maxama10
12-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Why would I join them? I love killing animals. You can join the other one with my previous comment.

who cares about sport? you hunt for food, not just to kill something. idiot.

Meh. seems contradictory?

idiot.

geekwarrior
12-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Apparently noone can put up with me for too long. I'm good at being me, and happy with me. Its just other people that can't seem to grasp the concept.

eh, thats women for ya. guys get married expecting the woman not to change, girls get married expecting the man to change...guess which happens? least its getting sorted out now instead of later right?

/back to bear killing

devildog
12-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Meh. seems contradictory?

im saying im not against killing animals like the people that you linked. i hunt for food.

geekwarrior
12-14-2007, 01:11 AM
im saying im not against killing animals like the people that you linked. i hunt for food.

no grocery stores were you live?

devildog
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
sure there are. What's the difference if I kill it or they do?

skife
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM

grocery stores don't carry venison.

that sounds so good right now too.
i'll have to find someone that got a dear already.

lidocaine
12-14-2007, 08:51 PM
I second that

I third that

TheTexan
12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Ever think of the satisfaction of getting the meat yourself
sure anyone can go to the grocery store but can you gut a deer ?
can you cape one ?
also you get tons of meat for cheap and to me deer taste great

on another subject for all of you who say stuff about hunting
just shut up unless you have done in and have a valid point.
some people like it and have the balls to get up in the cold early mornings,
sit in a stand for hours of days, or track an animal and be stealthy.
Most people also hunt for food, big game taste good and it takes something more
then just waiting.
I killed my first deer when I was 5 and have a nephew who has been hunting sense he was 2.
Its family tradition for alot of people, so unless you have a valid point don't talk bad about it.

geekwarrior
12-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Ever think of the satisfaction of getting the meat yourself
sure anyone can go to the grocery store but can you gut a deer ?
can you cape one ?
also you get tons of meat for cheap and to me deer taste great

on another subject for all of you who say stuff about hunting
just shut up unless you have done in and have a valid point.
some people like it and have the balls to get up in the cold early mornings,
sit in a stand for hours of days, or track an animal and be stealthy.
Most people also hunt for food, big game taste good and it takes something more
then just waiting.
I killed my first deer when I was 5 and have a nephew who has been hunting sense he was 2.
Its family tradition for alot of people, so unless you have a valid point don't talk bad about it.

i have no problem with hunting, i just think the whole "well, i do it for meat" is just trying to sugar coat it. lol... and it doesnt take balls to hunt.

TheTexan
12-15-2007, 06:32 PM
i have no problem with hunting, i just think the whole "well, i do it for meat" is just trying to sugar coat it. lol... and it doesnt take balls to hunt.

really ever hunted in Africa or a hog with a knife or a bear with a bow ??
do one of those and tell me it doesnt take balls

geekwarrior
12-15-2007, 06:47 PM
really ever hunted in Africa or a hog with a knife or a bear with a bow ??
do one of those and tell me it doesnt take balls

thats not what 95% of hunters do, nor what you described in your previous post.

the majority of hunting done in the states isn't dangerous.

TheTexan
12-15-2007, 07:09 PM
very true just saying people like you I am fine with its the idots who have nothing but bad to say

devildog
12-15-2007, 07:41 PM

why else would you do it? because you enjoy killing?

snoopay700
12-15-2007, 08:58 PM
very true just saying people like you I am fine with its the idots who have nothing but bad to say
Well really no one in this thread has been what you described, or said anything to that extent. My view on hunting is the exact same as geekwarrior, and that it's probably not for me.

maxama10
12-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Personally, I think deer tastes...well bleh. Most other hunters I know think similar, I know a lot has to do with how you prepare it but still... :~

/hunts
/hopes to get first elk next season

Lohman446
12-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Well really no one in this thread has been what you described, or said anything to that extent. My view on hunting is the exact same as geekwarrior, and that it's probably not for me.

You need to find a better way of wording it then. He doesn't come off as a self-centered idiot.

snoopay700
12-16-2007, 05:14 PM
You need to find a better way of wording it then. He doesn't come off as a self-centered idiot.
Yes, because everything i said was completely self centered, when all i said is that the majority of hunting that i've seen to be the most popular is that of being in a stand. I mean i can see how you would take it that that is all about me.

Or are you talking about how i expressed my opinion about how i don't think that it would be for me? Apparently opinions can be wrong now, i apologize. :rolleyes:

Lohman446
12-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes, because everything i said was completely self centered, when all i said is that the majority of hunting that i've seen to be the most popular is that of being in a stand. I mean i can see how you would take it that that is all about me.

Or are you talking about how i expressed my opinion about how i don't think that it would be for me? Apparently opinions can be wrong now, i apologize. :rolleyes:

Nice try, did you forget I had quoted you and could go back and pull it? Or do you simply not understand the difference between what you state as fact and what you state as opinion?

snoopay700
12-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Again, that was my opinion, i later elaborated and said that same thing about how it's mostly from stands and i don't think i would like that. I've heard stories about people who stalk animals just to stalk them, they don't even kill them, stalking is just another skill, and i happen to think that it would be exciting and would appeal to me more.

Now then, my previous statement stands, and you really can't voice your own opinion without sounding self centered because it's what YOU like, not what you're stating as fact. I wasn't saying that there isn't skill involved in other forms of hunting, i just said i don't think i would like them, but then again, voicing your opinion online isn't allowed because there's bound to be someone who disagrees with your view and calls you self centered for it, when their opinion is the exact same thing, because it's what appeals most to them.

Also, you seem to fail to remember that two other people agreed with me in this thread yet you only attack me, so what is it you have against me?

EDIT:

This is the exact same thing as when i talk to people about nascar, i don't like that kind of racing, i find it boring, and i will say that it's still only making one kind of turn, yet i will admit there is still a great deal of skill that it takes to be able to drive in races like that. I still stand by my statement that it's just wait till you see an animal, granted there's more to it than that i i was over simplifying it, but i will admit that it takes skill to do that kind of hunting, i just don't think it would appeal to me.

Lohman446
12-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Again, that was my opinion, i later elaborated and said that same thing about how it's mostly from stands and i don't think i would like that. I've heard stories about people who stalk animals just to stalk them, they don't even kill them, stalking is just another skill, and i happen to think that it would be exciting and would appeal to me more.

Now then, my previous statement stands, and you really can't voice your own opinion without sounding self centered because it's what YOU like, not what you're stating as fact. I wasn't saying that there isn't skill involved in other forms of hunting, i just said i don't think i would like them, but then again, voicing your opinion online isn't allowed because there's bound to be someone who disagrees with your view and calls you self centered for it, when their opinion is the exact same thing, because it's what appeals most to them.

Also, you seem to fail to remember that two other people agreed with me in this thread yet you only attack me, so what is it you have against me?

EDIT:

This is the exact same thing as when i talk to people about nascar, i don't like that kind of racing, i find it boring, and i will say that it's still only making one kind of turn, yet i will admit there is still a great deal of skill that it takes to be able to drive in races like that. I still stand by my statement that it's just wait till you see an animal, granted there's more to it than that i i was over simplifying it, but i will admit that it takes skill to do that kind of hunting, i just don't think it would appeal to me.

This is why I said it was a self centered opinion. The opinion portion of it

I really don't have the desire to hunt, but if it was for survival that would be something different.

Is supported by a statement of fact

unless you stalk the animal and use a bow or something, otherwise it's just wait and shoot what you see

Said statement of "fact" is shallow and self centered (as well as being inaccurate). Its only purpose in statement is to validate your opinion.

snoopay700
12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
That "statement of fact" wasn't a statement at all, but it seems like one when you take out the "i don't see a point to hunting" part of my statement. It is still just my opinion, i don't see how people can enjoy sitting in a stand to hunt, just like i don't see a point to racing unless you have more than left or right turns, i personally cannot see how people can race in nascar. This isn't a statement of fact, it's my opinion, and i'm not saying one takes more skill than they either, they take a different kind of skill. I stand by my opinion that i don't see a point to it unless you stalk, i wouldn't find it enjoyable and i would go insane, but other people like it.

TheTexan
12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
That "statement of fact" wasn't a statement at all, but it seems like one when you take out the "i don't see a point to hunting" part of my statement. It is still just my opinion, i don't see how people can enjoy sitting in a stand to hunt, just like i don't see a point to racing unless you have more than left or right turns, i personally cannot see how people can race in nascar. This isn't a statement of fact, it's my opinion, and i'm not saying one takes more skill than they either, they take a different kind of skill. I stand by my opinion that i don't see a point to it unless you stalk, i wouldn't find it enjoyable and i would go insane, but other people like it.
You prove my point by " and I would go insane,"
It takes patiences, skill and just because you cant see how it can be enjoyable dosent mean that thousands of others like it or dislike it . So quit bashing something just because you don't see fun in it. I don't see fun in skiing but yet I respect the skiers and realize it takes skill and deduction.

devildog
12-16-2007, 09:09 PM
there really isnt many animals to hunt where you just sit in a stand. youre generalizing all of hunting under deer hunting.

but then again, i really dont care

maxama10
12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Try sneaking up on some Ducks, on a river. Thats always fun and proves to be somewhat difficult.

TheTexan
12-16-2007, 10:24 PM
thank both of you up top because people think you just sit and shoot and thats not true

snoopay700
12-16-2007, 10:24 PM
You prove my point by " and I would go insane,"
It takes patiences, skill and just because you cant see how it can be enjoyable dosent mean that thousands of others like it or dislike it . So quit bashing something just because you don't see fun in it. I don't see fun in skiing but yet I respect the skiers and realize it takes skill and deduction.
Please read my other posts, or even that one that you quoted, rather than the first sentence. I admitted that both types of hunting take skill, i'm not bashing anything. I know it takes patience, and i will admit that i don't have a lot of patience, but i never said that it doesn't take skill.

As for the whole thing about how you can't hunt much from a stand, i know that, i'm just going from what i have seen to be the most popular type of hunting in the U.S.

However you guys are now just attacking me for my opinion and for you not reading all of my posts.

devildog
12-16-2007, 11:29 PM
and because we dont like you