PDA

View Full Version : Ult kit compatibility

cougar20th
12-12-2007, 12:52 PM
How do you tell if a valve will accept a ult kit. I was under the assumption that all emag valves accepted it. But recently saw a forsale thread stating "does not accept ult" This got me thinking. I have been unable to get one of my emag valves functioning. It has a ult kit i put in it. Maybe it shouldnt be in it. A picture of what im looking for would be the most helpfull.

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
How do you tell if a valve will accept a ult kit. I was under the assumption that all emag valves accepted it. But recently saw a forsale thread stating "does not accept ult" This got me thinking. I have been unable to get one of my emag valves functioning. It has a ult kit i put in it. Maybe it shouldnt be in it. A picture of what im looking for would be the most helpfull.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/rebelsk8r700/DSCN0448.jpg

If you look at that picture, you can see a small o-ring in the on/off assembly, and surrounding it is shiny metal, so basically it's sitting in a shelf cut into the metal. Now then, if you have a valve that can use a ULT it will have this metal part missing, and replacing it is a larger o-ring on the outside of the small one in the picture, in the E-Mag's case, it's a black quad o-ring if i remember correctly. Basically, if you have two orings in the bottom of your on/off you can use one, and E-Mags are able to use ULTs.

Spider-TW
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
...and E-Mags are able to use ULTs.
I see you have an old RT valve there. I thought the old RT was the only valve that had that configuration, and as such was the only valve that would not physically accept the ULT. Were there others?

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I see you have an old RT valve there. I thought the old RT was the only valve that had that configuration, and as such was the only valve that would not physically accept the ULT. Were there others?
I think the ReTro valve can't take the ULT either. Right now i don't have any valves that can take it, as i only have that RT valve you see in the picture.

Actually, i just went to their site, Retro valves can't take this upgrade without a modification either.