PDA

View Full Version : What was cool in 1998?

anomoly40
12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
My local field is having it's 10th anniversary and I was going to make a mag to commerate it for the owner. So far I have a 68 classic angle right feed mag with bicycle grip and a Lapco sure shot(?) twistlock.

What can you guys think of to help complete it? No loader or air system because this is a wall gun.

ljpiller
12-12-2007, 06:50 PM
If I remember correctly, stainless steel braided remotes were still popular.

caylegeorge
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Double trigger (benhmark)

Put a drop forward on it

Tourney lock

Expansion chamber or a smart parts grip.

warbeak2099
12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
An SP or Eclipse splash mag would be sick.

SummaryJudgement
12-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, mags were hot.

Running remote with a gas-thru stock was cool.

Cockers were everwhere, but the early lines of Evolution cockers were the craze, or Paintball mania set-ups, OR P&P Supercockers.

Highly tricked out Spiders (does anybody remember Bob Long's Black Widow kit?).

Splash anno was KING!

And the first Shockers and automag RTs started floating around (I got shot with an RT probably before most people saw them; practiced with Jax Warriors at the field I reffed at).

OHHH YEAHHH....compressed air! Most guys I knew, myself included, were running co2. HPA was more expensive back then.

:D

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Don't forget the sawing of the trigger guard and putting on a double trigger, but that might look more ghetto than you want.

SummaryJudgement
12-12-2007, 08:58 PM
:rofl:

I did that, and yes it will look super ghetto.................

fire1811
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Playing for fun and the better of the sport was cool in 98. It was also cool to be honorable and call your hits.

Also if you can find a splash kit. Or and old school Dark LED :D

anomoly40
12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Or an old school Dark LED :D

He already has one with red/black splash anno. I forgot how many he had made for his team. I think it was Point Blank at that time also. His name is Curtis Butler but had a nickname of "RIPP" if anyone reconigizes him.

punkncat
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I was cool in 1998

snoopay700
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I was cool in 1998
Liar! ;)

Also summary, i've seen a lot of people that did the same exact thing trying to sell their mags, and not selling them largely because that kind of setup isn't allowed at most if not all fields.

SummaryJudgement
12-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Liar! ;)

Also summary, i've seen a lot of people that did the same exact thing trying to sell their mags, and not selling them largely because that kind of setup isn't allowed at most if not all fields.

Indeed!

I didn't have mag though when I did it. I couldn't afford a mag, cockers were about a hundred bucks cheaper. I still have it actually, 97 cocker with a Palmer's Rock, Unireg (weighs a ton), and cut Benchmark frame :(

It's in pieces somewhere.........

anomoly40
12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Ok. I don't know if I want to source old school parts or build a good cheap mag out of modern parts. I thought about pneumagging a single trigger frame for the sleeper look but I'm not sure if there is enough room to hog out to fit everything.

I guess I'll be spending some time in the BST section looking for parts for a pneumag.

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok. I don't know if I want to source old school parts or build a good cheap mag out of modern parts. I thought about pneumagging a single trigger frame for the sleeper look but I'm not sure if there is enough room to hog out to fit everything.

I guess I'll be spending some time in the BST section looking for parts for a pneumag.
But i thought it would never be used, so what would the point be?

Or, if you want, make the best of both worlds, old school styling with pneumatic internals.

anomoly40
12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't get the point of a show car that doesn't run as fast as it looks. Part of the beauty is how it works.

snoopay700
12-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't get the point of a show car that doesn't run as fast as it looks. Part of the beauty is how it works.
Well i was just saying, who's gonna see the internals, but i understand your point, sadly there are many show cars that aren't fast (and i'm not trying to say anything by this, i literally mean there are a lot of cars that want to look fast at shows now but aren't).