PDA

View Full Version : Question about Trigger Stops.

Digler45
12-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Well, I have seen on some sites (lukes customs) that there is a trigger stop mod for the triggers. I actually never thought much of it, as i never knew (still dont) what it did.

I recently bought a Chimera frame, and the trigger has 2 stops in it (top and middle). From what i can gather, this stops the trigger from being depressed all the way (hence the name, clever). I understand this concept, but what i dont understand is what the pro/con/benefits of this are.

I hooked it up last night, and i found that there seemed to be quite a bit of what im going to call "trigger bounce". I had a fairly hard time trying to fire single shots (stock on/off, no ULT installed). If i lightly depress the trigger, and keep my finger just so, it will continually fire. Everything appears to be working fine, level 10 works even chuffs if i obstruck it. I am guessing that it is firing 15+ balls/second, just by bouncing. It is not full auto, as i can depress the trigger all the way to the stop and hold it, and it stops firing. However, if i just keep my finger depressed slightly it will bounce and rapid fire.

there is not necessarily anything wrong with this, its just that im a woodsball guy, and dont really need it to operate like this. dont get me wrong, i would like to be able to shoot that fast ocasionally, but i think that should be achieved by walking the trigger rather than bouncing it.

Setup.
Chimera (trigger with 2 stops)
Thrasher rail with sear/pin
xvalve
PE 88/45 tank.

PS: cant take any pictures, i took it all apart again. I was using the front frame screw and Field Strip screw from my Tac-One just to test it, as the other screws have not come in yet.

Thanks.

EDIT: forgot to post Question...
Would a trigger without stops stop the bounce? Or would decreasing the stop gap also help?

rawbutter
12-15-2007, 09:35 AM
The stock on/off on the X-valve is called the RT (Reactive Trigger) on/off. What you're getting is the RT bounce effect, which is the very reason why Automags are so popular. :D

And the trigger stops really don't have anything to do with this.

If you DON'T want this to happen, then you can buy a ULT on/off (it's much harder to bounce). Or, if you have an adjustable tank, you can decrease your output pressure to around 700-800 psi.

And BYW, tripper stops are more popular/necessary for guys who mod their guns. If you were to make that chimera into a pneumag frame, the trigger stops would be very helpful for adjusting the start/stop positions of the trigger, limiting overtravel and things like that.

Digler45
12-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Hmm, the stock on/off in my did not have that effect in my Tac. I am running a ULT in my Tac, so i can switch it over and see if that changes anything. Is the stock on/off for the Tac different than the RT? looked the same to me. I was under the impression that all the ULT did was make the pull lighter and allow you to walk it much easier. From the testing i have done with my Tac, that seems to be the case.

Now that i think of it, when i got the xvalve a few weeks ago (Chimera had not come in the mail yet) i put it on my Tac to test it and see if it worked properly. It funtioned identical to my xvalve that came stock with my tac, and i could single fire without issue.

Im just thinking that the stops are not allowing me to depress the trigger all the way, thus keeping it in a "neutral zone" allowing the pin to contnually bounce off. Could it maybe be the sear/pin? i am using the sear/pin i got with my thrasher rail. Guess i could try the Chimera on my Tac rail and see if i get the same result. Any other thoughts?