PDA

View Full Version : freak barrel breaks.....

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-14-2002, 12:04 PM
i have recently been trying to figure out my freak barrel. it's constantly having barrel breaks. i've never had so many barrel breaks than i have with my freak and i've only been using it for about a month. it's not the nubbin because it double feeds from time to time.

the only possible thing is that the insert seems like it leaves a small lip from where it meets the back. in other words, it's not flush, the insert makes a small notch where the back part of the barrel stops it. i would assume that this would be the cause of the barrel breaks. however, i've been told this is normal. anyone else have this problem? is it just me and posslibly bad paint?

Load SM5
01-14-2002, 12:22 PM
I've heard that insets had to be put in a certain way; that one side of the inserts were slightly rounded over to avoid a ledge to catch paint on. I never noticed a rounded over side on my old freak, though. But maybe check that on yours.

steveg
01-14-2002, 12:26 PM
what paint are you using and were in the barrel is it
breaking ? My mag hates any paint but marbelizer

Are you maybe sizing you insert to small ?
Check with several balls when choosing an insert and resist
the urge to go to tight.

that step in the insert is really small compared to
the radius of the ball so it's probably not causing the
problem

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-14-2002, 12:40 PM
without a nubbin, the paint will still roll completely down the barrel. it's diablo blaze and midnight. i don't have any other barrel breaks in any other barrel i have(all 5 of them).

steveg
01-14-2002, 01:05 PM
same insert or different inserts as well?

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-14-2002, 01:49 PM
i haven't tried different yet. but i only have 2 and they're both smaller.

personman
01-14-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
it's not the nubbin because it double feeds from time to time.

Umm... lol... maby you should look into a diffrent type of nubbin other than the kind you are using..

PsychoMag
01-14-2002, 03:01 PM
try different inserts, and they are one way inserts. the number(.689) should be more towards the tip of the barrel, not the breach.