PDA

View Full Version : Bgardner gets on PBN and knocks Tom

anomoly40
12-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Tom Kay was wrong. As much as I liked him, he is not making paintball equipment anymore. He never loved to play the game. It was more of a business than a passion. He has found his passion now, and I bet he is alot happier.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2397602&page=44

WTF?

68magOwner
12-17-2007, 02:05 AM
toms already aware of this, and posted in that thread.

questionful
12-17-2007, 02:20 AM
hahaha the infamous BGardner "smackdown"? I don't remember how far I got in that thread. After a certain point (when Doc, Tom, and some others left) it just went back to the same old PBN bs. It was cool while it lasted. I learned a few things from that thread.

pyrodragon
12-17-2007, 02:32 AM
what i think is funnier than hell is if Tom lost his passion or whatever, how come Tom is praised and bill is frowned upon?

68magOwner
12-17-2007, 03:46 AM
To be perfectly honest, I am not a big automag fan. Sure, I like em, but, not any more than I like any other paintball marker. But, I feel that hands down, Tom Kaye, or Tom Kotsiopoulos if you want to call him by his actual name, is hands down, the smartest man to grace this sport. Guy is a freakin genius. He has tons of publications in fields I cant even begin to even want to attempt to understand. Tom once posted about his "ideal paintball marker" with its 4500psi input and rediculiously fast recharge rate, and, while I may not have (by any stretch of the imagination) the same Ideals for a paintball marker, I do have the utmost faith in any sort of test or statistic or any sort of technical info whatsoever that Tom wants to grace us with.

bryceeden
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
That thread was awsome. Old news, but awsome.

OneUp
12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I was proud to have been part of it :clap:

snoopay700
12-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I was proud to have been part of it :clap:
Me too, and i ended up proving some of the bull :cuss: that was said in there wrong.

SCpoloRicker
12-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Me too, and i ended up proving some of the bull :cuss: that was said in there wrong.

Are your posts that much more insightful thanks to the addition of a smilie, or are you just flirting with the Mods again?

michbich
12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
When i was reading it, the thread was growing faster than i could read it :eek: I quit reading it when it was ovbvious that Billy wasn't responding and that the nation just kept rambling on and on.

snoopay700
12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Are your posts that much more insightful thanks to the addition of a smilie, or are you just flirting with the Mods again?
It was more just because anything else would be evading the swear filter, and i would rather abide by the rules. It seems that you have a problem with me because i happen to think that the moderators here are acting stupid as hell, and if you really want i can change that smilie to crap. As for you, i would try to not go off topic in someone else's thread.

ThePixelGuru
12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
That and the thread where Jack Wood claimed the Ego shot "flatter" than other markers (but of course couldn't tell us why or provide any evidence to back it up) are by far my two favorite PBN threads. Pure comedic gold, no other way to put it. :D

custar
12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Wasn't it an Alien marker that supposedly shot flattest?

custar

snoopay700
12-17-2007, 09:59 PM

custar
I don't know about that, but cockers shoot further than anything. ;)

OneUp
12-18-2007, 02:39 AM

custar

That might actually have a base though, since last I heard Aliens use a bolt that blows air at the lower half of the paintball to induce spin.

I don't think that's the case for egos.

ThePixelGuru
12-18-2007, 05:39 AM
That might actually have a base though, since last I heard Aliens use a bolt that blows air at the lower half of the paintball to induce spin.

I don't think that's the case for egos.
Yeah, Cooper T made a bolt for a number of markers that did that, and a few other markers came with bolts like that. That's bullpoo, but at least there's a basis for the claim. Mr. Wood claimed his marker didn't shoot farther but rather "flatter" (whatever that means), but couldn't give us data, physics, or any single design feature of the Ego that might induce this "flatter" shot, or even confirm that he'd ever tested it. Unfortunately, lots of PBN kiddies pile on those threads and ask us how we dare challenge these people, since they own companies and have lots of money.

nathanjones008
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2397602&page=44

WTF?

perhaps this comment will rattle toms chain and get him back into the game!( like a 1% chance)

magman007
12-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Not a bad thread for once. Also, If any of you are ASM on pbn, I highly suggest searching for the debate in the ego forum on which myself, doc, and tom tore the owner of eclipse a new one on the basis that ego's shot flatter than other markers.

custar
12-19-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm sure I made Bgardner my new friend when I said his Magic Box was "by cheaters for cheaters".

custar

trevorjk
12-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Not a bad thread for once. Also, If any of you are ASM on pbn, I highly suggest searching for the debate in the ego forum on which myself, doc, and tom tore the owner of eclipse a new one on the basis that ego's shot flatter than other markers.

im pretty sure its long gone :( apparently the only post AGD has on pbn is in the smartparts thread

sepplainer
12-19-2007, 03:48 AM
I was reading it and could not imagine that Gardner was honestly on there. I mean talk about walking into the lions den. I still am upset that the "Magic Box" was so big a topic when we have so much other stuff to "discuss". I guess I should have pointed it out but I thought it was all B.S. until it was pretty much over.

anomoly40
12-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I think most of the Magic Box flaming was to get him to admit that the $300 product that cost about 15 to make did almost nothing. No science was used to prove it worked. And still he defended an obsolete product, or rather avoided talking about it, to try and keep the company from looking bad.

custar
12-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I think most of the Magic Box flaming was to get him to admit that the $300 product that cost about 15 to make did almost nothing. No science was used to prove it worked. And still he defended an obsolete product, or rather avoided talking about it, to try and keep the company from looking bad.

Exactly. His credibility was at issue, and it was found to be lacking--to no great surprise. At least, that's what happened in my opinion.

custar