PDA

View Full Version : Bolt stick ?

FOG
12-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I have a classic Mag w/classic valve, (Im new to mags and Ignorant< my disclaimer)
It will fire a few times then does nothing. The trigger wont even pull, I pull out the thumb screw the grip screw slide the valve out , reinstall and it works for awhile and then lockups agin.The spring doesnt look as shiny as i think it should maybe thats part of it ?Ive heard people talk about Bolt stick. Maybe thats what it is?
Ive oiled it and fired maybe 50 shots w/balls and w/o.

Foxworthy
12-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Is the frame screw or thumbscrew in too tight?

ljpiller
12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
It might be bolt stick. If you stick something down the barrel like a pop sickle stick or something similar and can push the bolt back into place then that is your problem.

If that is the case you might want to try installing a longer size power tube spacer.

TwilightG
12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Level 7 or 10?

From my own experiences w/ bolt stick, it was improperly tuned/assembled lvl10.

Double check to see if it really is bolt stick too.
If you can fit something into the breach (tough w/ the pf) and put some pressure on the front of the bolt, you'll hear it click back into place if it's stuck.

Is the trigger pin not resetting? Or is resetting but not moving?
Double check your on/off too.

Does it only happen after rapid firing? Or even slow controlled trigger pulls w/ cause it?
CO2 or HPA? Valve could be freezing from the CO2

Make sure your field strip screw is tightened enough too, but not too tight.

So many factors :(

FOG
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
It Is A Level 7 , And It Sticks Either Slow Or Rapid Fire,i,ll Check It Out Tonite
And See If I Can Push It Back From The Barrel End, Thanks!

93civiccpe
12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
^^ Good information mentioned above. By the way, how long has it been since that valve was used?? I like to put a good bit of oil in the on/off and cycle old mags a bunch to get fresh oil on the o-rings. You may need a new sized spacer as mentioned or your triggerframe or valve screw may be too tight.

FOG
12-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I dont think the screws are to tight thats the 1st thing i thought of, as far as how long since it was used. I dunno is the answer.Im thinkin a longg time ,just from the info the seller gave me.

okiTony
12-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Check the spring on the bolt. Is it the same size of the bolt? The spring should always be a little longer than the bolt. That can cause sticking. Change the spring and it should be ok. Also, I don't know what you last chronoed at but turn up the velocity a little, if you can. You don't want to be shooting hot. :shooting:

mr doo doo
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
lube it up!

elephant toast
12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
i had the same problem and the quick fix for me was that the thumb screw wasnt in tight enough!!! who woulda thought hand tighten it then turn it a quater turn past that with an allen key. this is assuming you dont have forearms the size of my legs and cant tighten it down that much anyways. lol

athomas
12-20-2007, 09:37 PM
It sounds like bolt stick. Change the bolt spring and try again. If it still shows signs of sticking, install a longer powertube spacer.