PDA

View Full Version : Catch22 thread.

skife
12-18-2007, 03:34 AM
anyone like 'em?

i've been getting into ska lately.

trevorjk
12-18-2007, 03:46 AM
never really liked them, although im not to much of a ska fan as the horns and whistles dont (usually) go well with the rest of the instruments. how ever there are some songs out there that i believe are done extremely well with a few brass instruments.

DevilMan
12-18-2007, 04:05 AM
You know..... don't know the music... but the book was a freakin trip to read!!!

DM

Lenny
12-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Catch 22/Streetlight Manifesto are amazing!

BTW, I'm the biggest rude boy Ohio has ever seen. ;)

Will Wood
12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
You know..... don't know the music... but the book was a freakin trip to read!!!

DM
That's what I thought when I read the title

bentothejam1n
12-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Catch 22/Streetlight Manifesto are amazing!

BTW, I'm the biggest rude boy Ohio has ever seen. ;)
i'm just waiting for the cliched streetlight manifesto comment

Lenny
12-20-2007, 03:04 AM
i'm just waiting for the cliched streetlight manifesto comment
Yeah, me too. How many Streetlight threads were closed? ;)

AirAssault
12-20-2007, 03:24 AM
I have always been a fan of ska ever sence I heard Judge Roughneck live http://www.judgeroughneck.com/. They are a group from Denver, not really hardcore ska but still a very fun sound. It got me into it and kinda expanded from there. Old No Doubt had a very strong ska influence, liked them a lot then they came out with Tragic Kingdom, an ok album in my book but I guess they left their ska roots to make more money.... guess it worked lol.

Lenny
12-20-2007, 08:26 AM
I have always been a fan of ska ever sence I heard Judge Roughneck live http://www.judgeroughneck.com/. They are a group from Denver, not really hardcore ska but still a very fun sound. It got me into it and kinda expanded from there. Old No Doubt had a very strong ska influence, liked them a lot then they came out with Tragic Kingdom, an ok album in my book but I guess they left their ska roots to make more money.... guess it worked lol.
They didn't leave thier ska roots, really. If you listen to Gwen's solo stuff, there's still a lot of ska chords and walking bass. Too bad her solo stuff sucks, though.

skife
12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
They didn't leave thier ska roots, really. If you listen to Gwen's solo stuff, there's still a lot of ska chords and walking bass. Too bad her solo stuff sucks, though.

it sucks, but she still has a unique sound.

their song "spiderwebs" is the song that got me liking ska

Lenny
12-21-2007, 10:34 PM
it sucks, but she still has a unique sound.

their song "spiderwebs" is the song that got me liking ska
Save Ferris was actually the first ska band I really liked. No, maybe it was Five Iron Frenzy... I can't remember. But from then on out, I've been almost obsessed with it.

"Give me any music that'll move my feet!
Give me any music with that two-tone beat!"