PDA

View Full Version : Quick disconnects?

lidocaine
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I need some opinions on whether or not to get the quick disconnects for my Tac one which is on the way.One male and female per hose set correct?

Also, opinions of how to run air setup? one 5 inch from valve to bike grip, then another 5 inch to ASA?

Thanks!

going_home
12-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Macroline is all I ever use, black is the highest rated.
I prefer gas thru foregrip myself, as opposed to, valve to bottom line asa.

:D

mr doo doo
12-18-2007, 09:34 PM
i use stainless steel hoses on two of my guns, but i dont like the "asa to foregrip, foregrip to valve" setup; too much hoses to disassemble when i take apart the gun. So instead, i have on 13" hose from the ASA to the valve with quick disconnects on both ends. That way, just disconnect both ends, and wa la!

Old School 626
12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I use steel braid and QD's on all of my mags even to the point of taking off macro if they had it when I bought it. But then again, I am . . . . . old school.

Stayhuge
12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I like the Steel Braided hoses. I find that the Macro fittings leak sometimes, and aren't as durable. I have a 5in w/ a QD going from my valve to my ASA, but as for the bottom, it depends on the type of ASA (vert or 15*) and if you have a drop forward or not. Good luck!!

rawbutter
12-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I like the Steel Braided hoses. I find that the Macro fittings leak sometimes, and aren't as durable.

Yeah.... Macro lines definitely leak all the time. Whenever my gun "isn't working," it's really just the macro lines that aren't behaving. On my classic, I have half and half because I haven't been able to find a SS line that's just the right length for the horizontal ASA to the valve, but as soon as I do, I'm replacing the macro line.

AT&T
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm running a remote on my Tac, I put a 90 in the valve and then the male half of the quick connect in that. The remote line runs through the d-rings on the shoulder of my vest, down the top of my arm and right into the valve. Very compact.

lidocaine
12-19-2007, 06:38 PM
so all I need is one male and one female QD to hook a 13 stainless from valve to ASA?
No other parts/pieces?

Thanks!

Russ
12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
so all I need is one male and one female QD to hook a 13 stainless from valve to ASA?
No other parts/pieces?

Thanks!

you'll also need two 90 degree elbows, one in the valve and one on your ASA. I prefer the AGD stuff, heavy and expensive...but bullet-proof :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/RussBert/Paintball/fittingsemag4.jpg

Will Wood
12-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Man those drops rock. Best drop I ever had.

magmonkey
12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I still run steel braid and stabuli pro connects on all of my mags