PDA

View Full Version : hpa tank purchase ?

barrel squeegy
12-18-2007, 09:39 PM
hi i am thinking of purchasing a hpa tank and havent done this before so im looking for advice as to if this is a good brand and price. (anything else you would like to add would be appreciated)

Carleton 114/4500 with a Centerflag Hyperflow on it, the reg is adjustable from 0 to 1000 psi and has an on/off switch with dual Ashcroft gauges. $130 shipped

i do know this is a pretty large tank but i dont live near a place where i can fill my tank so im looking for large

thanks guys :)

olinar
12-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Is the tank in hydro?

All tanks have a life of 15 years. Most tanks that size are a little older so make sure your not paying $130 for something that'll have to be replaced in a year or two.

If all is well id say its a good purchase.

MoeMag
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Second!
Ask the hydro date.
Its a Month and year number.

Although tanks are good for 15 years (Quoting above, never heard that before but sounds reasonable)...
They have to be re hydro'ed every 3 or 5 years. Usually costs about $40 to have tested.

If its not "in hydro" it needs to be re tested and the cost should reflect that.

barrel squeegy
12-19-2007, 05:05 PM
k thanks guys and yeah its in hydro its still got 5 yrs left on it current hydro apparently it was tested last month.

rawbutter
12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
I always look up reviews on pbreview.com. It's not foolproof (lots of little kids get on and rate their spyder clone a 10/10 because it looks SOOOOOOOO cool!) but it will give you a few good things to think about.

I've never heard of a Carleton tank before, but if it's in hydro and works well, then it sounds like a good deal.

maxama10
12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Are you serious Mods? This thread is still here. You won't move a paintball thread out of friendly but you're gonna close the favorite links thread?

:rolleyes:

teufelhunden
12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I always look up reviews on pbreview.com. It's not foolproof (lots of little kids get on and rate their spyder clone a 10/10 because it looks SOOOOOOOO cool!) but it will give you a few good things to think about.

I've never heard of a Carleton tank before, but if it's in hydro and works well, then it sounds like a good deal.

Carleton makes a lot of the actual tanks; generally, in PB, they're branded based on the reg as the company that makes the reg buys the tanks, screws the reg in, and then sells the unit under their name.