PDA

View Full Version : Knee-Pads

Bluntman
01-14-2002, 02:48 PM
I was wondering if any of you have advice for knee/shin pads. I was looking at the ravens, redz, and the jt e-motions. My bro has the redz and this kid i know has the ravens, so i was gonna go for the jt if its just as good. I play on just dirt, that's usually kinda muddy.

(sorry for this crappily composed post but im tired)

the JoKeR
01-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Had the Renegade ones for about 2 seasons (before they had adjustable straps). Didn't personally like them. They slid down, turned, etc. They might be better now, but the only thing I notice is the adjustable straps. Now I'm using the JT slider type and really like them. Dirt, mud, gravel, etc., they still look good (when I clean 'em) and are comfortable. More expensive, but worth it.

TITAN
01-14-2002, 03:36 PM
i just got a pair of the new dye core knee pads and they are sweet. they are very comfortable and light. they dont pinch your leg like some. and they dont slide i would highly recommend them

mountaindud
01-14-2002, 03:46 PM
Real men dont use knee pads unless they're playing at Armeggedon at Challenge Park woo dang! For such an instance I use old roller blade pads which are the same as the Brass Eagles Pads.

TheTramp
01-14-2002, 03:55 PM
I've been using the Redz knee pads. Plenty of protection and they stay put for the most part.

pito189
01-14-2002, 04:53 PM
My captain has been using the redz knee pads since the beginning of summer, and he loves them. They don't ever slide on him. The knee pad is made out of kevlar so it is very strong.

spacemanspiff
01-14-2002, 05:14 PM
I say get the JT pads. I just got them and they look sweet I can't wait to try them out. I was using a pair of skating pads. They were really comfy never slid and were bomb proof. But no shin protection so I went with the JT's. It will take me a bit to get use to the JT pads. But they look like they'll hold up to the abuse.

Minority
01-14-2002, 05:17 PM
I live right by challengepark, armegedon is fun.

yay me, 15 minute drive to it.

FeelTheRT
01-14-2002, 08:02 PM
i use Renagades they work great. Though they r really muddy right now cuz i havn't cleaned em for two months, they are some nice guards. Adjustable too so great for all sized legs.

~WarpedRT~
01-14-2002, 08:09 PM
I use Redz. They are pretty comfortable, and don't slide around alot, just keep them tight. I noticed if they werent as tight as they could be, they tended to roll slightly. But that was in fierce speedball play, when I was behing a smaller bunker.

graycie
01-14-2002, 09:22 PM
redz knee pads under jt proseries pants is what i currently use. before that i had the redz knee/shin pads, good protection but they slid down when i slid.

$pam
01-15-2002, 09:57 AM
I use the Raven knee pads. They're pretty comfy but they slide around a little too much. That may be cause I'm small and they won't go on as tight.

Sledgehammer
01-15-2002, 10:17 AM
I got redz knee/shin pads and I love them, they don't slide (if you fit 'em tight enough) and they are comfy. The Kevlar is pretty wear resistant and they give you those extra bounces ;)