PDA

View Full Version : Marker Set ups?!?!?!?

Stayhuge
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Hey everyone, I guess this isn't really a Tech question, but more of an opinion thread. What type of setups do you like? I have tried a ton, and I think I found the one that I really like. But, I want to hear from all of you. These are the ones that I have tried:

1. Basic ULE Custom strait from the factory w/ Freak Barrel - Liked, but not comfortable enough for me.
2. Added Vert Logic Frame, DW Barrel, Foregrip, clamping feedneck - not a fan of the front grip with the hose next to it, other than that, very light and small.
3. Added Pneumatics, but didn't have a chance to play a full day with. - Liked the pneumatics, but felt like they could be unreliable. Still no change to the front grip.
4. Sold Logic Pneumag frame, bought RPG Chimera frame, and Pneumaged it, using a Black Tickler attached to Tank ASA for LPR - I liked this setup, but I felt that I couldn't really shoot that much faster than with just the ULT. Might need some adjustment, but definately had trouble walking it. Thought it might be the LPR, so I did the following:
5. Bought a 15* Blem ASA from Rogue, bought a Palmer's Stab w/LP kit, and used the Stab as LPR and vert handle - I really liked this set up, but once again, not sure if I want the Pneumag. I feel like there is nothing as reliable than the straight ULT Mech gun, and honestly, it shoots pretty fast.

Currently, I have taken all Pneumatics out, since I am playing woodsball with my friends this weekend. This is what I normally play. Plus we don't usually play at a place, but rather the woods behind my friend's house. So, if there are issues, it's kind of tough to change my setup while I am out there. Truth is, I can switch the setup, when I have the proper workspace, in about 15-20 minutes, maybe less. I just can't seem to find a setup that I really like.

I guess my question to all of you is: What set up does it for you? What have you tried? Am I crazy for liking the simple Mech w/ ULT?

*Feel free to add any opinions. I posted this to get some ideas for a project that I can work on this next week, since I have vacation time that I am taking from work. Keep in mind, I have been through plenty of Paintball markers in my history of playing (12 years). I have owned Higher end electros, and low end mechs. This is the first High end Mech that I have owned and I really love it. I just can't seem to find the propper setup for me. Thanks everyone.

lasrsktr
12-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Try using an emag on/off with a Quad oring in there. I have found i like the emag on/off more than the ult in my Pneumag.

rawbutter
12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
This may sound silly, but try using one setup more than once.

It sounds to me like you're shoe shopping. You've walked around in a bunch of different pairs hoping for that "perfect" feel... but I'm not sure such a thing exists.

Rather, if you stick to one set-up for a couple of games, do some practice shooting with it, and get used to it, then it will start feeling perfect. It's like that old, comfy pair of sneakers. They didn't start that way, remember. Only after using them consistently for a while did you become used to them.

Now, if you play a few times with a certain set-up, and it just isn't working for you, then try something else for a couple of weeks. If you don't stick with one thing long enough, though, then you'll never be happy.

Good luck. :cheers:

Stayhuge
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
How reliable do you guys feel the Pneumag is? I just feel sometimes that the whole thing is going to breakdown on me. I want to trust it, but for some reason I feel that I can't, like the way I feel about electros. I feel there is too much that can go wrong. That is part of the reason I went for the Palmer's Stab, instead of the Tickler. I figured a reg that is supposed to handle 800psi, would work better, but I still feel like something is wrong. Rawbutter, I think you have a good point about needing to stick with a set up for a few times before changing. One question I do have is how do you guys tune your trigger to the point that it is walkable and reliable? I think part of my problem is that the trigger is a little strange, Very soft, but a little long of a pull. I even cut the arm of the MSV-2 down, thinking that the pull would be shorter, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Any advice?

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Good thing about the pneumags is if something does break or stop working it only needs the sear arm reattached and your are back on the field.... :cheers: :cheers:

rawbutter
12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
How reliable do you guys feel the Pneumag is? I just feel sometimes that the whole thing is going to breakdown on me.

I've only played with mine three times, so.... I don't know. I haven't had any big problems with it yet. Sometimes if I'm sitting for a long time, that first shot doesn't seem to want to come out, but besides that I haven't had any problems. I don't feel like it's fragile or anything like that.

One question I do have is how do you guys tune your trigger to the point that it is walkable and reliable? I think part of my problem is that the trigger is a little strange, Very soft, but a little long of a pull. I even cut the arm of the MSV-2 down, thinking that the pull would be shorter, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Any advice?

Use trigger stops. When the trigger is at rest, there should only be a tiny amount of space between it and the trigger rod. When the trigger fires, it should stop immediately afterwards. My trigger moves about a 1/4 inch from start to finish. But without trigger stops, the travel distance would be more than double that.

When I first finished my pneumag, I had trouble walking it because of overtravel. Once I figured out how to use my trigger stops, though, it's become 200% easier to shoot it quickly.