PDA

View Full Version : 68 classic

classic68
12-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I need a little help. I just recently picked up a 68 classic and have a few questions. The gun is rebuilt and is working great. I am running old school with a expansion chamber and a remote line. Which bolt is the best for this gun? I have a level 7 bolt without the foam. I also picked up a 32 degrees venturi bolt with foamy. I also have a ANS reg II and read that they do not make a huge difference with a level 7 valve. I tried to find information on the power tube spacer kit. What does it due and how do I know what size is correct? I have tried the search with little luck. I do not have a problem with chop so I will avoid the level 10 for now.

Motorhead
12-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Going down the same path as you right now ...

General consensus is the 32* venturi bolt is inferior to the stock level 7 bolt, with the Foamee version of the level 7 being softest on paint.

I love my 32* venturi tho, but have replaced it's foamee with thicker & larger diameter foam cut from an old 7mm wet suit.

** Power tube spacers are used to get a minimum seal on o-ring to bolt stem.
Using thinner spacers lessen the compression on o-ring, longer spacers tighten it up.
Idea is to use as little compression as you can having NO flow out barrel with trigger reset.

As you go to lesser spacers barrel leak from power tube will happen or, will leak as you start squeezing trigger. Too tight and you start getting bolt stick.

athomas
12-26-2007, 08:39 AM
The longer spacers push the powertube oring farther back in the powertube. If the spacer is too short, the bolt contacts the oring too soon and prevents the bolt from resetting, which is defined as bolt stick. If the spacer is too long, the oring is held too far back such that the bolt stem does not seal against it and air will leak out the front.

classic68
12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks Guys. I played around with the different size spacers and the one I had in there to start was the best one. The mag is shooting great and I get a lot of compliments on it at the field. I owned a mag years ago (level 6) but sold it when I joined the service and couldn't play anymore. My sons started to play with their friends and wanted me to play too. I liked my old mag so much I bought this classic.

athomas
12-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I owned a mag years ago (level 6) but sold it when I joined the service and couldn't play anymore. You had one with the spring clip holding the powertube on the front of the valve? They are rare. Too bad you sold it. They were converted to level 7's by AGD back in the early 90's. There are only a few in existence now.

classic68
12-27-2007, 06:45 PM
You had one with the spring clip holding the powertube on the front of the valve? They are rare. Too bad you sold it. They were converted to level 7's by AGD back in the early 90's. There are only a few in existence now.

Yeah but that is true of anything. When I bought it it was the latest greatest.

ljpiller
12-27-2007, 07:37 PM
On a side note, is there any advantage of using a spacer over the old spring? Mine still has a spring spacer in it and I was wondering if it was worth the money to pick up a spacer kit. I haven't had any problems with bolt stick or leaking down the barrel.

athomas
12-27-2007, 08:24 PM
On a side note, is there any advantage of using a spacer over the old spring? Mine still has a spring spacer in it and I was wondering if it was worth the money to pick up a spacer kit. I haven't had any problems with bolt stick or leaking down the barrel.The spacer gives you some adjustability that the spring doesn't. If you aren't having problems, I wouldn't worry about it.