PDA

View Full Version : Marker Photo Contest!

Hawk1216
12-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Hi all,
I recently began photo hosting paintball pictures as a personal project, and allowing users to rate them and comment on them. I saw the need for it after noticing several galleries, such as x7og.net's gallery and several others.

It's been up for two days, and we have quite a few users, but hardly any uploads! So, to encourage uploading...

GRAND OPENING MARKER CONTEST at http://ratemygun.net

Every upload will be considered in this contest, all you have to do is sign up, and upload a picture of YOUR paintball marker. (It must be your marker!)

The winner will receive a whopping $25.00 USD via Paypal, and will be selected by the founder of the site. Usernames will not be considered, but the site operator certainly does have his own tastes in markers.

The deadline is set for January 5th, at 12:00pm GMT -6. EVERY upload prior to that specific time by our clocks will be considered and reviewed!

Good luck everyone, and get to uploading; the more you upload, the more chances to win!

Admins: PLEASE delete this if you feel this is too spammish, I'd just like as many folks as possible to have the chance of receiving this money, which I feel makes the thread certainly a Paintball news item rather than an advertisement. Note: No money is being made from the site nor the contest!

Thank you!

questionful
12-22-2007, 04:46 AM
A good way to get more people to enter is to donate a prize to the MOTM contests. That way MOTM entrants will probably put their pics on your site too.

Hawk1216
12-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Good idea!!!

I'll keep that in mind, I plan on holding these events once and awhile at the website as well; but definitely an idea I may be using!

Thanks Questionful!