PDA

View Full Version : will this work as emag charger?

guseppe16
12-23-2007, 12:05 AM
I've dug around in the tech forum for an alternative to AGD's charger, but all the links seem to be dead. If I have to buy AGD's charger I will, but this one (http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2608) looks like a good candidate.
I would make an adapter with alligator clips to connect the charger to the battery terminals.

athomas
12-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I've dug around in the tech forum for an alternative to AGD's charger, but all the links seem to be dead. If I have to but AGD's charger I will, but this one (http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2608) looks like a good candidate.
I would make an adapter with alligator clips to connect the charger to the battery terminals.Yeah, this will work and looks like a nice inexpensive alternative.

guseppe16
12-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the input!

guseppe16
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Update:

Got the charger and alligator clip attachment. Works like a charm so far.

Here are details if anyone else is interested:

Charger (http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2608) : p/n CHUN-1216UD

Alligator clip attachment (http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2303) : p/n CN-FM-Clips

Mechanic79
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I've dug around in the tech forum for an alternative to AGD's charger, but all the links seem to be dead. If I have to but AGD's charger I will, but this one (http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2608) looks like a good candidate.
I would make an adapter with alligator clips to connect the charger to the battery terminals.

that looks like an excellent, cheaper, alternative to the stock agd charger set up.

cyberave68
01-20-2008, 09:03 PM
So its been a little bit, how did it work out using that charger you got?

guseppe16
01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Charged the battery twice so far. Worked fine both times.

Mechanic79
01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Charged the battery twice so far. Worked fine both times.

DO you have a Voltage test meter?
Could you please tell us how long it takes to charge and what your battery voltage is once completed?
Does the charger have an automatic shut off feature once full?

Anything else you think that would be informative of this charger?

guseppe16
01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
DO you have a Voltage test meter?
Could you please tell us how long it takes to charge and what your battery voltage is once completed?
Does the charger have an automatic shut off feature once full?

Anything else you think that would be informative of this charger?
I do have a volt meter somewhere...I'll dig it out and check. The battery was completely dead when I first charged it. Took about 4 hours. The charger's operation is similar to the unit from AGD: a red light comes on when it is charging, then blinks red when it changes to trickle charge. I'm not sure if it shuts off when fully charged...I'll check. I usually just let it trickle charge for another hour and then disconnect it.

guseppe16
02-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Ok, got a ranging voltmeter. Hooked up the probes to the charger while it is charging one of KC's 1000mAH batteries. The battery is brand new (just got it yesterday), and the charger shows output voltage of 19v. But the mAH output is only showing 7 to 8. I fully charged the battery till the charger started the 'trickle charge' phase.

Hooked up the battery to the marker, and it seems to work the plunger with a lot more force than the old battery pack. I'm out of air at the moment, so I'm going to get tanks filled after work and see if it has enough force to fire the marker.

Anyone know what the mAH output is from AGD's charger? I want to make sure this charger works properly.

athomas
02-28-2008, 03:55 PM
The meter showing only 7 or 8 ma would indicate a fully charged battery. The 7 - 8 ma output would probably be the trickle output from the charger.

guseppe16
02-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Ah...yes that would make sense. Thanks.

Mechanic79
02-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok, got a ranging voltmeter. Hooked up the probes to the charger while it is charging one of KC's 1000mAH batteries. The battery is brand new (just got it yesterday), and the charger shows output voltage of 19v. But the mAH output is only showing 7 to 8. I fully charged the battery till the charger started the 'trickle charge' phase.

Hooked up the battery to the marker, and it seems to work the plunger with a lot more force than the old battery pack. I'm out of air at the moment, so I'm going to get tanks filled after work and see if it has enough force to fire the marker.

Anyone know what the mAH output is from AGD's charger? I want to make sure this charger works properly.

The stock emag battery charger voltage is 26.5(4ish). I measured this running off a Radioshack acdc 12v converter that is 300 Mah.

Tell me if I'm wrong but my stock AGD Emag Battery is 650 Mah and I'm charging with 300 Mah. Doesn't this mean it will take longer to charge the battery? Isn't the Voltage more important so to speak than the Mah, assuming the Mah doesn't exceed the Mah of the battery?
(NOTE: i've been charging 4 emag batteries this way for over 4 years.)

Oregon_pb_
03-13-2008, 07:30 PM
these r suppose to be back in stock soon

S.S Bandit1
03-15-2008, 08:39 AM
This seems like a pretty good cheap alternative to replacing my broken charger.

My only question is, since you are using alligator clips to connect to the battery terminals do you have to remove the battery from the metal case when you charge or can you do it while its all together?

athomas
03-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Just attach the clips to the tabs of the battery sticking up from the top of the battery case. You won't need to take the battery out of the case.

S.S Bandit1
03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
thats what i thought, but wasnt sure if youd start grounding out on the battery case easily

cyberave68
03-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Just be sure to put a small peice or eletrical tape on there. if the clip contacts the case it will short. You can also get the rubber boot for those clips at Radio shack...

KC
03-15-2008, 06:58 PM
:ninja:

guseppe16
03-15-2008, 09:43 PM
I always took the battery out of the case to charge it. Saving one minute of work wasn't worth the possible risk of shorting the battery.

Chris Nearchos
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Just wanted to post if people are using this post.

Instead of using the clips, make things much easier and safer. i have made correct adaptors for the said charger.

can be found here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2551741#post2551741