PDA

View Full Version : Good price for a 68 mag?

TSpb
12-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey AO, well after recently falling in love with mags and reading some about them, I think I'm going to buy a used 68 mag. I need some opinions on what a good price for one would be. Thanks- TSpb

SN toter
12-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Thats going to depend a lot on what you're looking for.

Classic valve or X valve?
SS body or ULE body?
Stock gripframe or intelli?

Basically its going to come down to what ups you want. I see nice classic mags going between $100-$200. You can easily dump $300-$500 though depending on parts...like a tac one for example.

BTW, welcome to AO

TSpb
12-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Thats going to depend a lot on what you're looking for.

Classic valve or X valve?
SS body or ULE body?
Stock gripframe or intelli?

Basically its going to come down to what ups you want. I see nice classic mags going between $100-$200. You can easily dump $300-$500 though depending on parts...like a tac one for example.

BTW, welcome to AO

Thanks, I think I'll try to find a classic mag on ebay perhaps, and then upgrade it as I go. Can't wait till I find one and get some money :)

trevorjk
12-23-2007, 04:38 PM
bone stock classics or minimags can be found for less then $100. but like Toter said, depending on ups and what you want. the price rises greatly from there

questionful
12-23-2007, 04:43 PM
By "68 mag" I'm pretty sure you mean classic mag, so I don't think it'll cost you that much. A mag w/ stock everything, barrel, ASA, and airline should run you about $120, depending on the condition of the parts, especially the condition of all the seals in the valve. Then you can add things like more barrels, lvl 10, custom rails, aftermarket frames, etc.

BTW I have a PF left classic mag I could put together for you, PM me if you're interested.

ljpiller
12-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Also check your local craigslist. I ended up finding a bone stock right feed automag for $50. Came with a very nice case, old school viewloader 90 with elbow, and a CO2 tank. It was in near mint condition.

turbo chicken
12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
^ what that guy said ... i found 2 recently ... i've whored both :D