PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Record for BPS?

irbodden
01-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew what the "record" was for BPS in semi. I know I hear all the kiddies who CLAIM to hit 10 bps, but anyone know of any records among the top tourny players?

I ask this because Mag Happy thinks his new superdoper RAT Impy can be shoot at 14bps, like people really can do it that fast. Not how much it can handle.

LMK

personman
01-14-2002, 04:45 PM
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/images/HALOEmag118.mpg
go there. :)

ThePatriot
01-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by personman
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/images/HALOEmag118.mpg
go there. :)

I dont want to sound mean or anything....but that video i am pretty sure, is the emag they modified to go full auto for the halo hopper tests. I dont think that is him pulling the trigger, i could very well be mistaken tho

nutz
01-14-2002, 05:03 PM
rick i see what u are saying... but how do u explain paint driping out of pros barrels on warpig picture pages??? i doubt that many of them actually broke cause of the gun.... i bet u they out shot their hopper....

IceCool32
01-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Rick,

If you didn't have such a onesided mind, you'd know the Impulses(especially Rat's with FOM trigger job and SUPER short trigger pull) can reach up around 14bps. I was doing 9 and 10 Friday night. 0 chops the whole night.

manike
01-14-2002, 06:20 PM
The last official test done at the World Cup two or three years back found that the fastest was just under 14bps (13.something). That was allowing people to pull triggers however they liked and the winner was a guy who "spazzed out on his angel trigger and held it some very weird way" (Larry's words not mine). Most people who thought they were fast were in the 10bps range.

People may have gotten faster but I doubt it as these people were already using ultralight angel triggers.

manike

Vegeta
01-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Tom, I belive, estimated he can pull off 12.5 i think. I THINK. Don't remeber where that was...

nutz
01-14-2002, 06:49 PM
well yea..... his extreme is amazingly fast!!!!! :D god i wish i had one.....

irbodden
01-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Ice, I'd LOVE to see a small clip off you shooting 9-10 BPS, I personally don't believe speeds of 14bps can be achieved on ANY marker set in semi. I am not trying to down play the Impulse, infact I may end up getting one somewhere down the road.

Aj, outshooting a hopper doesn't really mean you bet the 12bps feed rates as stated on the package of the Revy. For example, the guy may have been at an angle popping out of the bunker, or the Revy wasn't agreeing with that days paint.

Manike, thats the exact answer I was looking for. SOME people may be able to reach into that 10+ BPS range, yet there are very few, and most are shooting heavily modified triggers. I heard a story from Adam, Maghappy, that a guys Angel in Florida would fire if the hopper lid closed. He adjusted the sensitivity SO much that any tap or movement would cause the gun to fire. Besides being pretty unsafe, I don't count that has "true" semi.

Anyone else?

AGD
01-14-2002, 06:57 PM
Glad you brought this up! I concur with Manike that the fasted TESTED speed was just over 13 bps over a recording crono. It JUST SO HAPPENS that our buddy Butch from Butterscotch Yo was here over the weekend and when he jumped on his Emag I knew he had world class speed. We dusted off the Pact Crono that records full auto by sound. We prined out his shot string. I will scan it in and post it when I get back to the office. It was very impressive and he was 95% as fast with his off hand!!

AGD

manike
01-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey Tom,

That sounds cool. I look forward to seeing the scan! Any hints as to how fast he got? As posted somewhere else on the board someone had a question on chrono's. I've also been looking for one that can record velocities into the 20bps range? Is yours able to do this or do you know of one that can? I was discussing it in chat with Rob_AGD and he was saying he tried to find one a few years back but was unsuccesful.

Originally posted by irbodden
I personally don't believe speeds of 14bps can be achieved on ANY marker set in semi.

Now this all goes back to what exactly IS semi auto... Anyone remember the debate I started in fight club (deep blue) about what it is? Under current regulations it is possible to use a "semi auto" and get just about what ever ROF you want ;) . But it's not the same as you picking up a stock e-mag or angel and being able to get it.

I have a prototype set up that can shoot at a very high rof in semi but not the same way most of you lot would do it. I use engineering to get my rof :)

manike

irbodden
01-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by manike
Now this all goes back to what exactly IS semi auto... Anyone remember the debate I started in fight club (deep blue) about what it is? Under current regulations it is possible to use a "semi auto" and get just about what ever ROF you want ;) . But it's not the same as you picking up a stock e-mag or angel and being able to get it.

I have a prototype set up that can shoot at a very high rof in semi but not the same way most of you lot would do it. I use engineering to get my rof :)

You gotta do this huh ;)

True semi, pull the trigger it fires, let it go and pull again. That is true semi. When people rub their fingers up and down on a Matrix, or wiggle it abit on a highly modified/custom Angel its not "semi" IMO. I want to see someone get 14bps on any OUT OF THE BOX gun, even if it is for say a RAT Impy.

manike
01-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Ahh shall we philosophise... :) What is pulling and what is letting go?

Maybe we should just ask Webby to get that thread back in Deep Blue :) It would save time and effort and typing...

There is no way in my opinion that the "average" guy could pick up any current gun from the box and pull 14bps. There may be one or two exceptional people that can but it would be pretty darn rare. Is that good for you?

:)

manike

Dubstar112
01-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Well, one time(when i started paintball) I thought that I could get 16 bps, somone handed me an angel and with the shot counter/bps thingy, i maxed out at 10 lol...

Heres an idea with hyperframe owners..

1. Set the mode in semi and at around 6 which is fairly easily to accomplish with experience

2. Shoot until you feel that you are pulling the max limit on this bps setting, youll feel it skip a beat, then run at a constant pace(*like the hyper mode) that will give you an idea of where you are at

AGD
01-14-2002, 08:09 PM
Here is Butch's land speed record attempt. A couple things I want to point out here. First this is turn your head and look speed, second he is rock steady when shooting like this and can easily target your loader at full speed. He shoots a warp fed emag, nuf said. You can see there were several times that he squeezed 13 rounds out of one second and overall he cruised at 10 bps.

AGD

irbodden
01-14-2002, 08:15 PM
13 BPS? Wow, he sure flys. I am assuming, he has a god like finger and the average guy can't come close to his speed?

zvanut
01-14-2002, 08:15 PM
thats cool, but how do u read it? i know the numbers r there, but how exactly do u read it? :)

Maghappy
01-14-2002, 08:16 PM
im speachless. and i have a rat impy :)

manike
01-14-2002, 08:17 PM
That is impressive! How was he pulling the trigger? With a single finger or was he walking it with two fingers?

manike

AGD
01-14-2002, 08:25 PM
He fires with only one finger on the trigger in a traditional fashion. To read the graph, the left column is the shot count, the middle column is the time between the last two shots and the third is the total accumulated time.

.085 = 11.76 bps
.080 = 12.5 bps
.076 = 13.0 bps

His times look a little slower shot to shot because we are squeezing in 13 shots in a one second window. You end up cutting off the time between one shot in doing so.

AGD

manike
01-14-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by AGD
He fires with only one finger on the trigger in a traditional fashion.

Wow, that makes it all the more impressive. This is also pretty much how Chris Lasoya fires his gun.

I guess some people just have it :)

manike

AGD
01-14-2002, 08:29 PM
Also note that if you cut off the first second when he wasn't up to speed his cruise rate goes to 642 rounds per minute which is 10.7 bps.

AGD

zvanut
01-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Thanx Tom,

i see it now. thats pretty amazing, i wish that i could do that :)

booyah
01-14-2002, 09:02 PM
but I have a wav file of me shooting a good ol m98 blowback with double trigger.

This is normal shooting with two fingers on the trigger, not fanning or anything strange like that. I also have one from the second week I got my mag (so it wasnt even broken in yet)

On the 98 which had tons of trigger work i was in the 10 bps range with bursts of speed up to 12

on my unbroken in mag i was consistantly in the 8-9 range

if you want to hear it, (also AGD you could probably run it over that chrono since its just audio i think you said thats how it records) its at my site

www.geocities.com/adamscr

go to the bottom and there is one in MP3, the other in wav. neither is fanning both are normal semis, M98 and double trigger powerfeed mag

-Booyah

sniper1rfa
01-15-2002, 12:04 PM
11 bps, tested. i CAN in short bursts do 13 fanning. all tested. i usually never shoot that fast though, its wasteful. btw, my wrist gets tired fast, lol.

ben_JD
01-15-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Also note that if you cut off the first second when he wasn't up to speed his cruise rate goes to 642 rounds per minuteThis is especially true when you look at the fact that it took him two-thirds of a second to get his second shot off.

nutz
01-15-2002, 06:19 PM
wow that is amazing... .079 seconds between shots was the highest i saw... that is freakin amazing... compared to that i figure i can maybe do 9 er 10 on my Retro mag.... jeeeez that is amazingly fast... i was also wondering how fast sweet spoting an RT is??? i cant do it with my intelli but bluemagRT had he RT going really fast and he wasnt even pulling the trigger... does sweet spoting count as shooting in semi auto? :rolleyes:

z_mann_z
01-15-2002, 06:21 PM
shooting like a pistol would be shot.