PDA

View Full Version : Halo jamming could be solved by new magna clutch kit!

garbageman705
12-25-2007, 03:44 PM
My halo jams all the time. So much that I don't want use it or even look at it anymore. :cuss: With the introduction of the magna clutch upgrade do you think the jam problem would be solved? :clap: So instead of the flashing red and green lights causing you to spin the rip wheel followed by turning off and on the loader to resume play. This process takes about 10-20 seconds and in that time you just got bunkered or flanked. :shooting:

So do you think that the magna clutch would slip instead of causing the loader to jam? :clap: Say you could just spin the wheel instead of resetting your loader too. :dance: I hate those red and green lights! :mad:

drg
12-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Solve your jamming problem with your halo itself. My halo almost never jams, any halo kept in decent condition should not jam much with a cone that works with your paint/ammunition. Clean your eyes, try a different cone, or what have you.

garbageman705
12-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Mine was jamming all the time, then the 6 AA battery block shorted out. So I rigged up a 3 9 volt harness, I also ordered a magna kit, that has a new independent drive wheel and cone. Should solve all problems with magnet clutch and drive cone. The new cone is stationary while the paddle spins underneath. This takes all the weight off the paddle and lets it spin freely. Also my halo is brand new, had it about a month.

going_home
12-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Never once in all the years I've had it has my Empire B jammed.
And I have never been able to outshoot it even on full auto, no matter what high end
marker I had it on.

:ninja:

d4m4don3
12-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Ussually the problem with halo's jamming is in the eyes. Check them to see if they burned out or are dirty. Check that before going whole hog on upgrading.

garbageman705
12-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I cleaned the eyes and the loader is brand new. Batteries arent that old but it does jam less with fresh ones. Anyhow, since I already ordered it, and it is a cool upgrade, it should help with battery life if the motor has to surge less to cear jams.

fsrxc1
12-26-2007, 10:20 AM
The Magna system is not made to stop jams...it is made to be easier on paint...you can tune the clutch to has more slip on more brittle paints, that way it won't force the paint to hard...I have a Magna and have it tuned for super brittle paint....no breakage there

B-Pow
12-26-2007, 11:09 AM
What kind of paint are you using?

The only times my halo jammed I was using really bad paint (or reballs), or there was the time that I took a spill jumping a creek and spiked my barrel into the bank ( :( , barrel was undammaged thank you MacDev) Broke paint in my loader and it started jamming.

After that I got it semi cleaned out (best I could do with cold water, paper towles, swab, and without dissasembly) it broke paint intermittently all day but didn't jam anymore...just dripped paint into the breech and would distroy any chance at accuracy.

Personally I love my halo, I haven't added a thing it's still got the stock z-board and the rip drive that it had on it when I bought it new. But I did consider the magna clutch after that day (since that was the week the magna clutch came out) but then I did a full dissasembly and cleening of my halo and it works wonderfully again, no need to blow money.

And anyway I have an '04 prostock to blow money on!

SR_matt
12-26-2007, 03:15 PM
i think there has to be something with the eyes for why the halos jam. i have a reloader b and never get jams so i dont think it has to do with the motor and linkage at least as much as the sensor system

-matt

txrabbit
12-26-2007, 08:48 PM
my halo jams alla time as well, but it's the new motor's fault. too much torque and the eyes don't keep pace. the magna clutch fixed my probs though.

angrysasquatch
12-26-2007, 11:03 PM
The only time my halo has ever jammed is when I used some really old mushy paint. Make sure your anti-jam beads and the spring thingie are in there and you should be fine.

garbageman705
12-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone, I called odyssey and they told me I had a bad board. I told them it was new and that I was pretty peeved that they wanted me to send it in for a faulty product. Then the lady I talked to said they would pay the shipping. So, it's a hassle, but at least it's not going to cost me more.

cyrus-the-virus
12-29-2007, 01:33 AM
And I have never been able to outshoot it even on full auto, no matter what high end
marker I had it on.

I guarentee I could out shoot it with any modern high end with unlimited ramp.

acropilot19
01-07-2008, 02:01 AM
marker I had it on.

Same Here :)