PDA

View Full Version : Advantage of pneumag/emag over full mech

belligerentruth
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I have tried googling this, and I tried a thread here.

can someone tell me what makes a pneumag functionally superior to a mechanical, and what makes an emag superior to a mechanical. I've read with trigger bounce and the ULE trigger kit you can make a full mech tac-one rip. If it's a matter of preference can you tell me how these guns will perform differently? Noone in my area has a mag of any sort, or even any real knowledge of them so please help!

Someone please clarify this for me? What functional advantages do these two major platforms offer over a fully mechanical mag.

Thanks!

DeTrevni
12-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, with the R/T trigger bounce, mech Mags aren't legal in tourneys. Pneumags and E-Mags offer GREATLY reduced trigger pull weight. Light enough so that the shooter can effectively walk the trigger, achieving high rates of fire with a semi only, tourney legal gun. That's the big advantage. That, and electronic frames offer alternative firing modes and more adjustability.

ProblemKinder
12-25-2007, 08:47 PM
emags have higher evolved magic elves in the valve.

belligerentruth
12-25-2007, 10:14 PM
DeT -

Thanks for the response, that makes sense though I'm not sure why they wouldn't be tourney illegal, they aren't full auto.

Problem -

Not sure if you can tell by the tone of the thread but I was actually looking for some honest insight into the difference. While I appreciate the attempt at humor I'd really enjoy if the wit came along with a useful reply to someone genuinely looking for advice. Thanks.

emags have higher evolved magic elves in the valve.

DeTrevni
12-25-2007, 11:16 PM
In the eyes of most official tourneys, aside from legal ramping, the rule is one shot per trigger pull.

With an R/T system, you can hold your finger at a specific point on the trigger, the sweet spot if you will, and the trigger will literally bounce off your finger each time it's pneumatically reset, firing again, creating a full auto effect. So in a way, yes, R/T is full auto.

dstud2000
12-26-2007, 03:37 PM
lower your imput pressure a bit or install the UL trigger pull kit with just 1 or 2 shims and the mechanical rt is effectively semi auto. Actually on my Xvalve with the stock rt on/off with my preset tank 850 psi input I can't find a sweet spot for bounce. With the ULT I use 4 shims and get a nice sweet spot with good rate of fire, if I run just 2 shims I don't get any rt effect and it is the fastest mech semi I have owned. Still not as short or light as the pneumag or emag, but much better than anything else out there, and I absolutely love it. If you don't play tourney's and your field allows the use of rt equipped guns then to me a pneumag or emag becomes more a preference than a neccesity to me.

Pneumag offers the advantage of semi auto rate of fire comparable to a semi only electro.

Emag you get the advantage of multiple modes of fire where allowed, and increased tweaking of your trigger. Plus an advantage of the emag over other electros is with the flick of a switch you can instantly revert it to a mechanical mag.

I'm still new to and learning all I can about mags, so if I mistaken, I am sure someone will clarify what I have said.

ProblemKinder
12-26-2007, 03:38 PM
DeT -

Thanks for the response, that makes sense though I'm not sure why they wouldn't be tourney illegal, they aren't full auto.

Problem -

Not sure if you can tell by the tone of the thread but I was actually looking for some honest insight into the difference. While I appreciate the attempt at humor I'd really enjoy if the wit came along with a useful reply to someone genuinely looking for advice. Thanks.

lighten up, scrooge.

luke
12-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Problem -

The "elves" are kind of an inside joke around here that goes way back. I doubt he intended it to slight your question. ;)

ProblemKinder
12-26-2007, 04:53 PM
DeT -

the idea behind it being illegalized is that the player has 'lost control' of their marker when it goes into bounce mode. therefor they have deemed it dangerous.

with ramping, the chip is in control of your maker, which apparently is safer. cuz electronics never screw up.

drg
12-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Trigger pull weight low enough to walk, basically.

olinar
12-26-2007, 06:23 PM
It all boils down to personal preference.

An emag has has a unique trigger pull in that you have to put more pressure on in the beginning of the pull to overcome the magnet holding it in place. With a decent trigger on it, you can walk it like no other. Plus it has different modes such as, 3 round burst 6 round burst 9 round burst and semi. Some have different settings from the factory that give it more modes like full auto. It also has mech mode in case your battery dies on you, you can still rip it all day. Then there is hybrid mode which has the pull of the emode but the mech side of it snaps the trigger back in place. Its really easier to get those higher rates of fire on hybrid.

A pneumag is still a straight mech marker thatll allow you to shoot it just as fast as any electro. It has a sub 15 oz trigger pull and definitely different than your average mech marker. Very unique and can be done by yoursefl with about $40 in parts plus an lpr of your choice.

A mech mag is just that, absolutely mechanical. Nothing on there thatll help you shoot faster but when you turn up the input pressure to 900+ it starts getting the bounce effect. Which can be controlled by simply letting go of the trigger but is still frowned upon by most fields as dangerous. By adding a ult will you can shoot with no bounce if you desire. A ult is an upgraded on/off kit for your valve that lowers the amount of pressure needed to pull the trigger.

All of these are a great choice, you wouldn't be disappointed with either. You will have to buy an emag used but the other can be had new. All parts are interchangeable between each other so if you get one your not feeling you can always trade your trigger frame to someone on here and try something else.