PDA

View Full Version : Red dots

Styro
12-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I know that the rails on the standard tac-one are angled at 60 degrees, and I had planned on adding a red dot sight. How many of you have done this, and do you find it comfortable, or do you think I should wait until warp left/right mainbodies come into stock.

right now the plan is a tac one with centerfeed + ION mod kit (mod kit needed for tac one) & qloader added beneath the barrel + red dot mounted on right side rail. Unfourtunatly I don't have it all in front of me, but how do you think the practicality of having a slanted red dot would be?

thanks in advance.

Looper
12-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I have run with this setup and it works well. I also use a remote tank and a T-stock; the red-dot pops right up in front of your eye on the snap.

edit: If you where to look down the barrel my red-dot is on the left side of the marker

LoonWulf
12-25-2007, 09:38 PM
the only real issue with having an off side mounted scope is your ball will cross your line of site at an angle, so the farther out you shoot the farther to the side that your scope is off set to your balls gonna land.

On a paintball gun i realy dont think it will matter.

Bagheera
12-26-2007, 12:05 AM
the only real issue with having an off side mounted scope is your ball will cross your line of site at an angle, so the farther out you shoot the farther to the side that your scope is off set to your balls gonna land.

On a paintball gun i realy dont think it will matter.

Actually I planned on this, and planned on my red dot sight for short-medium range shooting at the left offset angle, and the 1x-4x scope for longballing, mounted on the top rail. Has this worked for any of you with this setup?

Disclaimer; Scope - 1x setting for shooting, 4x setting for intel gathering.

FiXeL
12-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I have a red dot on the left side: Click4pic (http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/FiXeL666/DSCN3305.jpg)
Because of the size i cannot mount it on the right, but i'm ok with that. Also note that i've rotated the scope compared to the scope rings. The dials for left/right and elevation are placed horizontally en vertically. The only thing that changes is that their function is swapped now. With this red dot i could not get the proper elevation, so i put some shims under the scope's rear scope ring, to rise it up a little. Just mount the scope on the marker with the scope ring mounts and remove the scope from them. Add something like a piece of thin rubber to your rear mount, and place the scope on top. Due to the fact the rings are agled, it can be hard to get it right in the first try, but if done right the scope will look a bit downward and that should give you more room for dialing in the elevation you want.

Dialing in was done by placing the marker in a marker stand, and removing the valve. Look trough the body and barrel and select a target at about 20-30 feet away. Dial your scope in so that the dot will be under the target the gun is aiming at. This way you have it roughly dialed in for ranges of about 25 yards. Final adjusting should be done at the field, but these are just minor. I have my red dot dialed in for about 25 yards, if the target is further away, i aim the dot above them to compensate the trajectory of the ball.

Also you should not rely too much on the red dot for your targeting, when you are being shot at you hardly have time to use the red dot. What i do is look down the right side of the marker and use that to quickly return fire when needed. Also this comes in handy for clearing buildings or other close quarter situations.

Well i hope this helps. I've been running this setup for a while and it's works great for me.

Jaan
12-26-2007, 10:56 AM
I've done the whole scope thing...you rarely use them, but sometimes you do. All I can suggest is that for your "intel" scope, you get one with a long eye relief like a shotgun scope. If you don't you wont be able to get it close enough to your eye to see it properly because of the mask.

Styro
12-26-2007, 03:05 PM
^ the style red dot I'll be using is practically a shotgun scope.

fixel, thanks for the description, sounds great. could you do me a favor and take a pic of your marker from behind so I could see the angle of the scope relative to the gun? much appreciated comrade. :shooting:

Bagheera
12-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Pistol scopes are great for really long eye relief, typically 8"-9".