PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Dave Zupan check/post here?

PumpMag
12-27-2007, 05:58 AM
I'm just suprised that the New President of Airgun Designs does not check in/post on this forum at all.

I know we are a very small community and may not justify the expense of retooling and designing new products just for us loyal Mag shooters, but we sport the products at our local fields every weekend, ready and waiting to show off our new mag goodies to the paintballing public.

Other small businesses and Automag enthusiasts keep filling in to meet the need for new "AGD Product" demand:

Pneumatic frames
Pump Kits
New style Bodies/Rails
ULE milling/Pump Kit milling
Shirts/Hoodies/Hats/Jerseys
Emag Battery Packs
Xmag feed neck conversions
Xmod software upgrade

Where's Dave Zupan? :confused:

olinar
12-27-2007, 06:26 AM
It seems that we pretty much hold the future of mags in the palm of our hands. Pretty big responsibility to give to a bunch of people on the internet if you ask me. Its a good thing we have so many people who have risen to the challenge.

Siress
12-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I company for the people, then by the people, maybe for the people again? :p

nathanjones008
12-27-2007, 09:08 AM
It seems that we pretty much hold the future of mags in the palm of our hands. Pretty big responsibility to give to a bunch of people on the internet if you ask me. Its a good thing we have so many people who have risen to the challenge.

I agree. Sooner or later(in years) we may just evaporate away.
We must have executive Leadership/ support to survive! Since tom is out of the game. Will anyone within the company step up?

Dend78
12-27-2007, 09:27 AM
yeah that is a good point we the faithful users have been pulling this thing along, but as said without some good solid backing we arent gonna be able to pull forever

smilestyler
12-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't think DZ cares. I tried ordering 12 rental mags several weeks ago, and he didn't even return my calls. This tells me that they either don't have enough parts to build 12 mags :rolleyes: or that he doesn't want to waste the effort on an easy sale. :confused:

d4m4don3
12-27-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't think DZ cares. I tried ordering 12 rental mags several weeks ago, and he didn't even return my calls. This tells me that they either don't have enough parts to build 12 mags :rolleyes: or that he doesn't want to waste the effort on an easy sale. :confused:

I don't think rental mags are in production anymore.

AGDRetro
12-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Even so, as a salesman myself I can't understand why you wouldn't return the call. I dream of the kind of sales I had to put ZERO effort into! The paintball community already did all the sales pitches for him, all they have to do is return the call! :confused:

OneUp
12-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree. Sooner or later(in years) we may just evaporate away.
We must have executive Leadership/ support to survive! Since tom is out of the game. Will anyone within the company step up?
The guns will probably outlast our lifespan though.

bryceeden
12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
I did the same six months ago for 30 proclasics and had the same problem. AGD is dead, I hate to finally admit it but it is.

going_home
12-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Why would the president of the company be on the phone taking orders ?
He pays people to do that.
I believe her name is Marcy.
She will take your order and tell you what the shipping is to Canada.
She has never failed to respond to my email.
You may not like the Canadian shipping, but you can blame your own government for that.
Taken from the AGD website:

NOTES FOR CANADIAN CUSTOMERS:

1. If your credit card is issued by a US bank, the transaction is probably going to be declined. Just drop us an email and we will take care of everything.
2. Canadian shipping options: For best and safest service, choose Global Express Mail (GEXP). Shipping by standard Canada mail or priority Canada mail is subject to the rules stated above. If you choose a US shipping option or a method that is inappropriate for your order which does not collect enough to cover your order's shipping charges, we reserve the right to change the shipping method and charge additional funds to your credit card.
3. IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you choose Canada Standard shipping, UPS may ask for brokerage and other additional fees before they will deliver a package from the United States to a destination in Canada.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Airgun Designs
401 Florine Court, Cary, IL 60013
Summer Hours: M-Th 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Office Tel: (847) 520-7507 - Office Fax: (847) 520-7848

Tech Support summer hours: M-Th 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Central Time)
Tech Support Tel: (847) 520-7225 - [email protected]

robnix
12-27-2007, 06:09 PM

The president of the company should get the necessary contact info to Marcy so she can complete the sale and bring some revenue into the company, not ignore a sales opportunity.

going_home
12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
The president of the company should get the necessary contact info to Marcy so she can complete the sale and bring some revenue into the company, not ignore a sales opportunity.

Marcy answers the phone, why didnt he just give the order to her when he called ?
Methinks he is leaving something pertinent out of his statement.
Something doesnt quite sound right.
Anytime I've called or emailed I get quick responses.

:confused:

Mind'sEye
12-27-2007, 06:39 PM

Right, but we should care enough to call her Marcia. Maybe that's why she isn't returning calls.

smilestyler
12-27-2007, 07:38 PM
She will take your order and tell you what the shipping is to Canada.
She has never failed to respond to my email.
You may not like the Canadian shipping, but you can blame your own government for that.
Taken from the AGD website:

NOTES FOR CANADIAN CUSTOMERS:

1. If your credit card is issued by a US bank, the transaction is probably going to be declined. Just drop us an email and we will take care of everything.
2. Canadian shipping options: For best and safest service, choose Global Express Mail (GEXP). Shipping by standard Canada mail or priority Canada mail is subject to the rules stated above. If you choose a US shipping option or a method that is inappropriate for your order which does not collect enough to cover your order's shipping charges, we reserve the right to change the shipping method and charge additional funds to your credit card.
3. IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you choose Canada Standard shipping, UPS may ask for brokerage and other additional fees before they will deliver a package from the United States to a destination in Canada.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Airgun Designs
401 Florine Court, Cary, IL 60013
Summer Hours: M-Th 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Office Tel: (847) 520-7507 - Office Fax: (847) 520-7848

Tech Support summer hours: M-Th 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Central Time)
Tech Support Tel: (847) 520-7225 - [email protected]

Thanks for the info, but maybe I should clarify some things.

1)When I spoke with Roman, he said Dave does all the pricing for the type of order that I was placing.

2)The field/proshop that I was buying them for is actually an AGD dealer. :spit_take

going_home
12-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Right, but we should care enough to call her Marcia. Maybe that's why she isn't returning calls.

Very good then. If you will check post 11 :

txrabbit
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
i've not been able to get marcia on the line in months. when i do get returned calls it's always roman calling. ordered a tac one last week, they didn't have barrels for it, nor did they have the ult kits. said about 2 weeks. are they making that little, or selling that much? please come back, tom. agd needs your mustache.

going_home
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM

1)When I spoke with Roman, he said Dave does all the pricing for the type of order that I was placing.

2)The field/proshop that I was buying them for is actually an AGD dealer. :spit_take

Well then they know what their dealer pricing is then dont they ?
At least I would think so. Then its just Canadian shipping that needs quoted.
Marcia can do that.

smilestyler
12-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Well then they know what their dealer pricing is then dont they ?
At least I would think so. Then its just Canadian shipping that needs quoted.
Marcia can do that.
You would think it is that easy wouldn't you!
It's not. Rental mags are not on the dealer's price list. Trust me, I'm not brand new. ;)

edit; I'm sure Roman is competent enough to forward the potential sale to the correct person be it Dave or Marcia.

bryceeden
12-27-2007, 10:29 PM

Same story here, told me it had to go thru Dave and they never go back to me so I went esle where for my markers and they lost a 30 marker sale.

RavishingEddie
12-27-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm sure it all has to be due to demand of product. I'm sure Tom will come to the rescue if anything happens to AGD.

nathanjones008
12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm sure it all has to be due to demand of product. I'm sure Tom will come to the rescue if anything happens to AGD.

I sure hope so. Things are looking rough!

skipdogg
12-28-2007, 09:54 PM
This thread is very disturbing. There is no excuses for not taking/filling orders. I don't know what else to say. My interpretation and speculation is that if these stories are true it makes me second guess AGD's commitment to paintball, and the company's leadership.

nathanjones008
12-28-2007, 10:20 PM
This thread is very disturbing. There is no excuses for not taking/filling orders. I don't know what else to say. My interpretation and speculation is that if these stories are true it makes me second guess AGD's commitment to paintball, and the company's leadership.

I agree , I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

PumpMag
01-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I started this thread not to bash on Dave, but to bring attention to the fact that consumer Automag Buy/Sale/Trade activity is alive and thriving here. It would be a strong advantage to keep in tune with what is current/in demand with devoted Automag users.

AGD-OfficeGal
01-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi, guys--

I can't speak to the issue of rental guns purchase, except to say that this is, in fact, something Dave has to handle.

But I can explain why you don't get me on the phone. Since AGD-USA moved far, far away from me, I am now working entirely from home, mostly doing accounting plus customer service via email.

My direct email is airgun @ echoswebmagic.com. (The domain is my own, for my one-woman web design company.) This email goes both to me and to the office, so both Dave and I can see it and Dave can handle if I am not available.

If you do need to reach me by phone, the number is 847-446-4410. Be warned that you only have a 50/50 chance of having me answer, otherwise leave a message - but I'd really prefer that you email me if at all possible.

Things have been more than a little crazy in my life for the past year ... Saturday is the memorial service and reception for my mother, planning that has been a nightmare for the last five weeks, I can't wait until it's over. Monday we meet with the executors to go over her estate. Once THAT is over, one of two things will happen - either my life will calm down for awhile or it will go even more crazy, depending on how soon I have to move out of Mom's house. I hope that won't be till spring!

Sorry for all the personal info but I just wanted to explain why now is NOT a good time to call me or even expect a fast email response. For once this smiley seems appropriate: :headbang:

(No need to get all mushy about my mother ... she was so ill that we were praying for her to die and I am fine with it.)

I'll try to drop in this forum more once everything settles down.

Marcia
AGD-USA

Rudz
01-23-2008, 06:36 PM
nice to see your face around here again, and my condolences to your mother, hope everything works out for you :cheers:

Resurection
01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the update. Condolences on your Mother, hope she is enjoying the next phase.

PumpMag
01-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks for updating us Marcia. Sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need.