PDA

View Full Version : air /setup questions--TacOne

lidocaine
12-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Hello all,

I have a few air /setup questions I am hoping you'all can help me out with.

1.Using a 70/45 crossfire tank, do you think ill need a dropforward to make it a nice tight setup or should the stubby tank be good enough?Im 5ft 8 inches with average arms.

2.Are quick disconnects worth the extra 10 bucks?easy to install? drop right in on any regular fitting?One male and female per hose correct? or if I run a hose to my foregrip then to my asa it takes 2 males and one female? the female being on the top of the foregrip?(Tac-one)

3.One 13 inch from x valve to asa or two smaller pieces going through foregrip?Whats size hose for the smaller pieces(through foregrip)?

4.Is a tac one going to be faster with an 850 psi tank with just x valve or with the x valve and ult?how about with a bit higher pressure via adjustable tank reg?

Thank you very much!

,Lido

ProblemKinder
12-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Hello all,

I have a few air /setup questions I am hoping you'all can help me out with.

1.Using a 70/45 crossfire tank, do you think ill need a dropforward to make it a nice tight setup or should the stubby tank be good enough?Im 5ft 8 inches with average arms.

I use a 68/30 and i also have a Y grip AND i have long arms and i use a drop forward. if you have average arms and a regular grip then you might wanna look into a drop as well. i don't have a very big drop seeing as how the Y grip already brings it forward a bit.

2.Are quick disconnects worth the extra 10 bucks?easy to install? drop right in on any regular fitting?One male and female per hose correct? or if I run a hose to my foregrip then to my asa it takes 2 males and one female? the female being on the top of the foregrip?(Tac-one)

I don't know. sounds pretty convenient. i use macro line so it's all quick disconnect.

3.One 13 inch from x valve to asa or two smaller pieces going through foregrip?Whats size hose for the smaller pieces(through foregrip)?

i personally like the look with two pieces one from tank to forgrip, and one from forgrip to valve. it seems alot cleaner in my opinion. here's a pic of what mine looks like.

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/anime1084/paintball/thumbnails/600x450/motm.JPG

the hose i'm using from forgrip to valve is too long...but you get the idea.

4.Is a tac one going to be faster with an 850 psi tank with just x valve or with the x valve and ult?how about with a bit higher pressure via adjustable tank reg?

if you put your tank at around 900 withOUT a ult, it will give you the 'bounce' effect, which is very fast, and very illegal on most fields/all tournys. the ULT takes the bounce effect out, but gives you a very light, very legal trigger pull.

Thank you very much!

,Lido

hope this helps!

lidocaine
12-27-2007, 02:12 PM
so is the tac with the ult installed( 70/45 preset 850psi) going to be just as fast as a a 900psi pure bounce effect firing type?

What kind of speeds are we looking at? 15bps is going to be all I EVER need,so anything beyond that is wasteful.

Hows the macro line? all Ive ever heard from macro line is leaks,leaks, and more leaks.
I like the look of ss but macro seems very convenient.Also,What is micro line?

Thanks!

trevorjk
12-27-2007, 02:37 PM
so is the tac with the ult installed( 70/45 preset 850psi) going to be just as fast as a a 900psi pure bounce effect firing type?

What kind of speeds are we looking at? 15bps is going to be all I EVER need,so anything beyond that is wasteful.

Hows the macro line? all Ive ever heard from macro line is leaks,leaks, and more leaks.
I like the look of ss but macro seems very convenient.Also,What is micro line?

Thanks!

macro line is 1200psi rated plastic tubing. when properly installed with good clean cuts on the end, and not over bent. it rarely if ever leaks.

most of the time macro leaks, from expereience, is that the macro is put on in a very tight bend. causing the tubing to push against the top side of one of the macro fittings causing an improper seal. make sense?

now onto the speed of the gun. the ULT takes the normal 3 pound trigger pull and cuts that in half; sometimes less. so we are basically talking a trigger pull of about 1 pound. SOME! people can walk it. but chances are that you will NOT be able to walk the trigger with a ult. just saying.

so basically the speed of the ult is determined by how fast you can physically pull the trigger. now 1 more thing to look at with the ULT is that it is controlled by .005 shims. the more shims you put in basically the longer the on/off assembly making the pin "shorter" what that means is the more shims you put in the lighter the trigger pull, and the bouncier it will get. it is very easy to get a ULT to be very bouncy.

onto speeds with an adjustable tank. have you ever used a tippman RT trigger? if not what your basically doing is forcing the pin back faster and harder then normal with higher pressures going through the gun. the higher the pressure the more reactive the trigger. so with that in mind, the higher the pressure you put into the gun. the faster the gun will shoot . however most poeple consider this "runaway bounce" as it shoots VERY fast (upto 34bps recorded) it is very controlable but you can shoot 20 balls before you know it, if you hold your finger in the "sweet spot" to long

hope this clarifies a bit? sorry for runons and typos blah blah... im still half a sleep :sleeping:

ProblemKinder
12-27-2007, 09:06 PM
so basically the speed of the ult is determined by how fast you can physically pull the trigger. now 1 more thing to look at with the ULT is that it is controlled by .005 shims. the more shims you put in basically the longer the on/off assembly making the pin "shorter" what that means is the more shims you put in the lighter the trigger pull, and the bouncier it will get. it is very easy to get a ULT to be very bouncy.

exactly. you put too many shims in and basically you have a regular RT on/off that you paid 65 dollars for.

if you wanna impress your electro friends in your backyard, put 900 pounds on the RT on/off.

if you want a gun that's legal to play with on fields, get the ULT.

if you want to impress your electro friends with a gun that's legal, get a pneumag =]

lidocaine
12-27-2007, 11:56 PM
so you dont think my stock tac one with 850psi tank will be legal on a field for some recball and maybe a speedball game or two?

I think I could easily argue that my tac getting only 10 bps on the higher end WITH the rt bounce is slower than most of the real nice egos etc.. in semi auto mode one shot per trigger pull.

EDIT:Anyone know about the quick disconnects?( worth it?how to set it up? etc..)?

trevorjk
12-28-2007, 01:39 AM
so you dont think my stock tac one with 850psi tank will be legal on a field for some recball and maybe a speedball game or two?

I think I could easily argue that my tac getting only 10 bps on the higher end WITH the rt bounce is slower than most of the real nice egos etc.. in semi auto mode one shot per trigger pull.

EDIT:Anyone know about the quick disconnects?( worth it?how to set it up? etc..)?

quick disconnects are only needed with steel braided lines. im sure you knew that though :p from my experience, if you are putting it on a mag. its definetly a plus to have one. since its next to impossible to get the mag valve out with out it. but macro line will work just fine.

with a standard tank (850psi output) the majority of the time you will not get excessive bounce on the trigger. it might be very snappy but not to the point where you can control the trigger enough to make it manually bounce and shoot. sometimes you will get the sporadic extra shot or 2 but no one is going to complain with that.

the tac one WILL be field legal as long as you only put around 850psi through the gun.

lidocaine
12-28-2007, 10:04 AM
whats the max bps do you think for someone who has never shot a double trigger or tried walking an electronic trigger before?(I only have an A-5 and a Phantom)

So If I run from valve to foregrip, then foregrip to asa, what type of QDs do I need?( male or female)

How bout from valve to asa?

And this question may sound really dumb but how do you shoot the thing? With the rt bounce and all. ive not shot it yet as i still need an hpa tank.any tips on squeeking out some nice speeds, the PROPER way to shoot it etc..??

Thank you veryu much, you guys rock!

ProblemKinder
12-28-2007, 10:24 AM
i may be beating a dead horse here but i strongly suggest macro over SSw/disconnects. just looks better, weighs slightly less blah blah.

the proper way to shoot the gun is just like any other gun. if you don't get the ULT don't bother trying to walk it. if you do get the ULT don't bother trying to walk it very well. if you wanna walk the trigger go Emag or pneumag.

Rivalyn
01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Edit: nevermind