PDA

View Full Version : Grip Frame Question ??

Ice-Child
01-14-2002, 06:22 PM
I am thinking about running the DYE 2x. But with all that is available. I was wondering if I could get a little feed back on what you run and how well you like it. I have seen and fired a Mako Storm. Like it but kinda pricey for a back up gun.

Cypres0099
01-14-2002, 06:31 PM
I've had my intelliframe for ooooh, say four months now and it was well worth the $110 I paid for it.

I didn't used to be able to shoot very fast but now, I'm rip'in. :D Not only that but it comes with Dye Stickies which are very comfortable. This frame is made by AGD so it is made with the right specifications of mags. Nice short crip trigger pull. I even tried to get it to short stroke and i was having trouble.

Another benefit is that for about $6 you can wire it with intellifeed to your revvy or whatever. It has special mouniting brackets inside. And believe me intellifeed is much faster.

Last but not least I got the blade trigger version and to me it is much more comfortable and versitile than the traditional grooved double trigger.

This is quite possibly the best thing i've done for my mag.

Autotrigger
01-14-2002, 06:49 PM
I ran a Dye 2X on my last Mag and it worked great, but they are pricey. They don't come with any hardware, so you need to buy a double trigger for it, transfer all your safety parts and then buy grips! It cost as much as the AGD Intelliframe! Why not just get the ADG set up! Good luck!

paintbattler
01-14-2002, 06:54 PM
i agree with cypress, i would get an intelliframe over a dye. plus w/ the intelliframe, you can intellifeed it so not as much paint will be broken

PyRo
01-14-2002, 08:04 PM
They will both end up costing about the same. The intelliframe is made by AGD, and is of a higher quality than that of the dye. Also, the intelliframe has the connection for the intellifeed.
Just stick with AGD, higher quality, easier to set up, and has a mount for a microswitch.

erac
01-14-2002, 08:15 PM
I don't know about the AGD frame being "Higher quality". I mean, it's not like DYE makes junk. My 2x Dye is very nice. I paid 55.00 for the frame, 18.00 for the sticky's and 14.00 for the trigger: 87.00 total, or about 25.00 less than the AGD. As for the intellifeed, I like the way my revy works with just the x-board, no ball in the eye...spin. I have shot both the AGD and Dye frames and didnt really notice much difference. But, if I had to do it over again I would buy the Intelliframe...that trigger pin is a ***** to install.

Cypres0099
01-14-2002, 08:29 PM
I don't think that dye makes junk it's just that AGD knows exactly how their guns work and they can make everything about the trigger frame just right. There may not be much of a difference but I've never shot the Dye.

As for the intellifeed, I've heard people say many times that their revvy works just fine but the fact is that revvies have a slow reaction time compared to intellifeed or the turbo rev board and the x board has an even slower reaction than the old ones. Also without the intellifeed the the revvies tend to feed in bursts. The IR eye has it's flaws that intellifeed helps fix.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but if you have no need for a faster feed rate than you have then you don't have a need for intellifeed. Hmmm i'm a poet and i didn't know it. And that's just fine.

Ice-Child
01-15-2002, 11:21 AM
I think you guys have sold me on the Intelliframe. I am not big on electronics but am willing to give them a go. We have played a few tournies that wont let you run eletronics. Had a bunch of people not real happy with that. I ran a Racegun Electro Grip on my cocker for awhile. It was sweet but went back to a swing trigger on it. More because of the electro ban they are starting around here. The only thing that sucked about that was I paid about as much for the frame as a standard cocker would run. Was only able to get $250 for it when I let it go.

Oh Well, live and learn I guess.

Thanks again guys.